RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
porchmonkey

editing title_updates

hey there,

i was wondering, where to find information about: how to edit a title_update.

my scenario:

i have my Forza 2 gamesave. the state of the gamesave requires the latest TU to be installed.

Forza 2 uses a sql file to store informations about exclusive cars (unicorn) which could be obtained via tokens from the developers (turn10)

those unicorns are not to be purchased ingame, unless you enable them via gamedb.sql.

default.xex checks for a legit hash of gamedb.sql.

a modified default.xex would ignore the gamedb hash check, but also not get TU applied and therefore render my gamesave useless.

the title_update, besides updating default.xex, also edits the gamedb.sql on the fly (adding instuctions here would enable unicorns).

so how to edit the title update? lefluffie sexy app does not give me a valid TU after altering the files inside.

i hope you guys are getting my point, even tho my english is garbage

regards

Extract the title update first then mod the files you extracted. FTP them over to your jtaged (extracted game folder). Then test.

Aren't the TUs encrypted? Otherwise it would be possible to deploy patches for Apps which need xbox Live for example.

If editing would be that easy i guess we already had more solutions for these kind of stuff. Of course some RE will be needed.

Extract the title update first then mod the files you extracted. FTP them over to your jtaged (extracted game folder). Then test.

thanks to the hint, unfortunately it does not work.

extracted title_update

manually patched xexp to default.xex

copied additional files to jtag (extracted gamefolder) and replaced default.xex using patched default.xex (not modified yet)

also chanced sql, as the title update would have done.

so basically a manual update. after launching default.xex i get the "dirty disc" error.

Aren't the TUs encrypted? Otherwise it would be possible to deploy patches for Apps which need xbox Live for example.

If editing would be that easy i guess we already had more solutions for these kind of stuff. Of course some RE will be needed.

well idk about encrypted. i could use lefluffie to extract / modify contents. the signature would be broken, of course. but what does a jtag care about signature?!

deploying altered Title_Updates incl broken signature, would not end in somewhat XBL related (imho)

They're not encrypted, they're just signed... either way, it is possible to mod anything you want, including removing the need for Xbox Live for apps, however, you need to reverse the xex and know what to patch and where in order to make it work...

thanks to the hint, unfortunately it does not work.

extracted title_update

manually patched xexp to default.xex

copied additional files to jtag (extracted gamefolder) and replaced default.xex using patched default.xex (not modified yet)

also chanced sql, as the title update would have done.

so basically a manual update. after launching default.xex i get the "dirty disc" error.

Then you must've missed something...

On a devkit you simply apply the TU manually, and that's it...

• Like 1

Then you must've missed something...

On a devkit you simply apply the TU manually, and that's it...

did it like 5 times now. no show...

hey there,

i was wondering, where to find information about: how to edit a title_update.

my scenario:

i have my Forza 2 gamesave. the state of the gamesave requires the latest TU to be installed.

Forza 2 uses a sql file to store informations about exclusive cars (unicorn) which could be obtained via tokens from the developers (turn10)

those unicorns are not to be purchased ingame, unless you enable them via gamedb.sql.

default.xex checks for a legit hash of gamedb.sql.

a modified default.xex would ignore the gamedb hash check, but also not get TU applied and therefore render my gamesave useless.

the title_update, besides updating default.xex, also edits the gamedb.sql on the fly (adding instuctions here would enable unicorns).

so how to edit the title update? lefluffie sexy app does not give me a valid TU after altering the files inside.

i hope you guys are getting my point, even tho my english is garbage

regards

This guide might help you:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/big-forza-modding-thread-tuts-dls.916498/