RealModScene
TheSly

Import games from DVD

I'm very new to this scene.

I got a XBox360, booting directly into the last version of Aurora.

I don't have any games on my HDD right now (because I don't know how to get them there).

I would like to import my game-DVDs to my internal HDD - but how can I do this?

Sorry for beeing such a noob :cry:

• Like 1

From the main menu press the back button, highlight file manager and press A,

Browse to DVD and press X

move the left stick to the column with the folder icon on it and scroll down to copy and press A

then what you want to do is create a folder on hdd1 and name it something snazzy like "Xbox 360" or "360"

open that folder and then move the left stick to the column again and scroll down to paste and press A

This will begin copying the contents of the DVD to your hard drive, when it is finished press b until you get back to the main menu again and this time press start

scroll down to content scanning and press A in the Manage Paths section on Add.

another menu will open called "Path" press A on change, then scroll down to Hdd1 and the folder you copied your DVD game to

when you've highlighted the folder that you copied your game into press Y to select it.

Scroll down to depth and set the scan depth if its a folder  directly on the drive \Xbox360\System\Hdd1\360 then you might want to set your scan depth to 7 so that it will scan all games copied to that folder and their second disc for multidisc games.

Script data for regular games is none, highlight save and press a

When this is all done the scan path you just created will be listed, you might want to be connected to your network connection when you press "Scan Now" so that it will scrape Unity for cover art, games description and pictures, so when it adds the game to your library it will also have the info on it which will make it look nice.

Thats it.

• Like 4

From the main menu press the back button, highlight file manager and press A,

Browse to DVD and press X

move the left stick to the column with the folder icon on it and scroll down to copy and press A

then what you want to do is create a folder on hdd1 and name it something snazzy like "Xbox 360" or "360"

open that folder and then move the left stick to the column again and scroll down to paste and press A

This will begin copying the contents of the DVD to your hard drive, when it is finished press b until you get back to the main menu again and this time press start

scroll down to content scanning and press A in the Manage Paths section on Add.

another menu will open called "Path" press A on change, then scroll down to Hdd1 and the folder you copied your DVD game to

when you've highlighted the folder that you copied your game into press Y to select it.

Scroll down to depth and set the scan depth if its a folder  directly on the drive \Xbox360\System\Hdd1\360 then you might want to set your scan depth to 7 so that it will scan all games copied to that folder and their second disc for multidisc games.

Script data for regular games is none, highlight save and press a

When this is all done the scan path you just created will be listed, you might want to be connected to your network connection when you press "Scan Now" so that it will scrape Unity for cover art, games description and pictures, so when it adds the game to your library it will also have the info on it which will make it look nice.

Thats it.

I am pretty sure I gave these directions to someone else earlier this week, in another thread for just this. lol. :) That being said, I ask that the op search the forums before starting new posts.

• Like 2

Thank You so very much!!!

You're welcome man. :)

I am pretty sure I gave these directions to someone else earlier this week, in another thread for just this. lol. :) That being said, I ask that the op search the forums before starting new posts.

That was in the request thread asking for automatic dvd ripping functionality I think.
  • Like 1

What format is the rip if aurora is used i.e GOD or folder with .xex , just curious i've never used it

hi I hope you dont mind me asking on this thread as it related to my question, I have got Wolfenstien new order ( 4 disks), so is it the same process to copy all 4 game disk as you mention for two disk games. Its am original game, Thanks

go to xbox tutorial section & type wolfenstein into search box once you're there

• Like 2

go to xbox tutorial section & type wolfenstein into search box once you're there

many thanks I'll have a look tonight when I get in. :)