RealModScene
hammadoid

xbox slim corona tempeture

Hello guys ,

I'm new in this forum and I'm sorry if am posting this in the wrong place .

Recently I bought a used corona and I did jtag on it . The console works fine with no lag or any other visual problem but the problem is that the console is heating a lot : Most of the time it starts at 53-56 CPU and it increases in 5min to 79-81 CPU .

So what could my problem be ? Should I change the thermal paste ? Honestly am not feeling good for doing a reball and I'm not sure if I will find an expert near me to do it .

Thanks previously

• Like 2

Hello guys ,

I'm new in this forum and I'm sorry if am posting this in the wrong place .

Recently I bought a used corona and I did jtag on it . The console works fine with no lag or any other visual problem but the problem is that the console is heating a lot : Most of the time it starts at 53-56 CPU and it increases in 5min to 79-81 CPU .

So what could my problem be ? Should I change the thermal paste ? Honestly am not feeling good for doing a reball and I'm not sure if I will find an expert near me to do it .

Thanks previously

set the target temps in xebuild/jrunner/dashlaunch... or set the fan speed to 60-70 in those same programs.. i run my fans at 70, but you'd might choose lower for less noise

also, changing the thermal paste would be a good idea, as "stock" has proven to be shitty lol..

• Like 1

Can you please tell me how to change the target temp ? what this tool could do exactly ? yes am thinking of changing the thermal paste

Edit : get to know how to change it but in what temp should I configure it ? I have a corona Glitch 2

Can you please tell me how to change the target temp ? what this tool could do exactly ? yes am thinking of changing the thermal paste

Edit : get to know how to change it but in what temp should I configure it ? I have a corona Glitch 2

doesn't matter about glitch type/motherboard..

1. start dashlaunch(http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5392-dashlaunch-315-17349-kernel-support-added/)

2. press right bumper 2x

3. go to system info press A

4. set temps or fan speed

5. save config

i think 80º was the performance peek.. but you should set it for lower, or just choose the fan speed option.. 60-70(green box means fan speed is on)

2yw8lf7.jpg

• Like 1

Felida iv got mine set as 65 cpu and the other 2 at 60 will that be ok

Felida iv got mine set as 65 cpu and the other 2 at 60 will that be ok

if you set the target temps, then yeah.. the point is to not over heat your system.. DONT USE MY PIC as a judgement for temps, as i use the fan speed setting  :turned:

just note: that higher fan speed causes less life out of the fan..

• Like 2

set the target temps in xebuild/jrunner/dashlaunch... or set the fan speed to 60-70 in those same programs.. i run my fans at 70, but you'd might choose lower for less noise

also, changing the thermal paste would be a good idea, as "stock" has proven to be shitty lol..

Personally i do NOT recommend setting a static fanspeed, it's WAY better to just lower the temperatures instead...

• Like 1

Personally i do NOT recommend setting a static fanspeed, it's WAY better to just lower the temperatures instead...

yeah, i can see why, hence my note that it will lower the "fan life".. but i love how my temps never reach higher than 55º lol

Ditto with the using auto temp control, besides fans are cheaper to replace than an xbox.I would recommend tho there be plenty of air space at  the front,sides & back when xbox placed in a cabinet,you don't want recirculated already heated air.Not to mention keeping it away from other heat sources including against walls that get sunshine as they'll act like radiators,actually stick it in a running fridge when your gaming & let us know how it goes while your at it use some bags of dry ice as well & pack em against it as you can't have enough cooling is my motto :evil:

edit: thinks to self better add a disclaimer: Condensation drips may cause short circuit damage

Ditto with the using auto temp control, besides fans are cheaper to replace than an xbox.I would recommend tho there be plenty of air space at  the front,sides & back when xbox placed in a cabinet,you don't want recirculated already heated air.Not to mention keeping it away from other heat sources including against walls that get sunshine as they'll act like radiators,actually stick it in a running fridge when your gaming & let us know how it goes while your at it use some bags of dry ice as well & pack em against it as you can't have enough cooling is my motto :evil:

huge as gap for what reason?? lolol.. i was expecting a pic or something funny at the bottom.. but alas..

Not all the heat gets exhausted directly out the back,it goes up & sideways inside a cabinet , & mine is larger than most as it's not a tv cabinet , even it traps a fair amount of heat,hate to think what it'd be like in a genuine tv cab.I also use a pedestal fan in summer to get the air moving out back,personally i'd rather have it sealed in a cab with an extractor fan in a top corner & a not too big hole down the bottom in an opposite corner.It would draw in colder air from the bottom & exhaust out the top,if done correctly it will create a vacuum condition. Similar conditions are created in a fan bake oven,there's noticeable resistance when opening the door

lol at the let down

Not all the heat gets exhausted directly out the back,it goes up & sideways inside a cabinet , & mine is larger than most as it's not a tv cabinet , even it traps a fair amount of heat,hate to think what it'd be like in a genuine tv cab.I also use a pedestal fan in summer to get the air moving out back,personally i'd rather have it sealed in a cab with an extractor fan in a top corner & a not too big hole down the bottom in an opposite corner.It would draw in colder air from the bottom & exhaust out the top,if done correctly it will create a vacuum condition. Similar conditions are created in a fan bake oven,there's noticeable resistance when opening the door

lol at the let down

nah i meant your post after "disclaimer" lol.. as there is a HUGE gap there.. figured it was a picture or something, but nothing shows..

and i know about the differences between positive pressure vs negative.. 

What is a average fan life....??? Nd what happens when the fan dies or simply..... FAILS!!!!

same thing as ANY fan, quits blowing/sucking air.. lol.. as far as the life.. years? all depends on the hours the motor is rated for honestly.. as there is 1st edition phat consoles still with original fans working... all depends on who had it/took care of it..

when a fans bearings are on their way out you'll know it ,they tend to make a right racket