RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
professor_jonny

homebrew title id?

I noticed that some of the homebrew/ emulators does not have titleid information stored in the xexfile and because of this they don't pull cover art from unity I believe.

I have noticed some people have manually upped covers for thomebrew programs and set title id which that is not related to the one actually stored in the xex file (made up a random id).

I have made up some covers for homebrew not currently listed in unity but I don't know how to go about uploading it as most of the homebrew has 00000000 as the title id and I don't want to make up my own id's and just post them on unity as others have.

The homebrew has sort of been hard to pull covers automatically because of the titleid's and I'm happy to change the id's of the games and upload the covers to pull data automatically off unity.

I have searched high and low and downloaded every emulator and homebrew I could find and I have made covers where they were not available, if made up id's for them all patched them in the xexfiles and created covers it is just going to sort out my covers and mess up unity.

If I were to do this and provide a downloadable package would you host it on your xbins downloads area then others could just download it to their box scan and be all done.

I get sick of editing art for every Xbox I sell and I'm just looking to make it better automated for homebrew like it is for official games.

any ideas comments?

• Like 2

Nobody has made up their own TitleId for homebrew, they're used as keys in the database, and therefor they're incremented...

Homebrew should download covers based on the folder name instead of TitleID when TitleID is not available...

To get homebrew added, you just tell me the name of the homebrew and some search terms and i'll add them for you...

so you are saying if I change the folder name they may pickup I have just unpacked the zip files from xbins with their original naming?

how would I find out the folder names they scrape I guess it is just the title name on unity ?

These are the ones I have trouble scraping covers and a few search terms:

scummVm360  (scumm)

reminiscence360    (flashback)

raw360     (another world)

q3_360  (quake 3, team arena)

ppsspp  (play station portable, psp)

pce360   (pcengine, nec pcengine)

jazz    (jazz jack rabbit)

fakeanim

exult360          (exult, ultima 7)

cpx3360         (Capcom play system 3, system 3)

bor360              ( beats of rage)

xna creators club  (xna studio, xna offline)

XBermuda360        (Bermuda,  Bermuda syndrome)

windows media centre  (mce, media centre, media centre extender)

vj360   (virtual jaguar, Atari jaguar)

milky tracker

rick360    (rick dangerous)

pcsxr_360   (playstation, ps1)

RetroArch-360     (retro arch, libretro)

Cheers Jono

All of those items are already in Unity except fakeanim and windows media center (and they shouldn't be anyways). The only one that's on your list that doesn't show up is the ppsspp (maybe, I didn't see it), the rest are just waiting for you to upload your covers to Unity or use what's there. Just do your search on unity and rename according to the results. You can always rename again later after you've loaded the new artwork.

I did try renaming the folders as per the title names on unity but that did not work but renaming the titles in unity did after renaming them it did automatically pick up the covers.

I did try renaming the folders as per the title names on unity but that did not work but renaming the titles in unity did after renaming them it did automatically pick up the covers.

Obviously, you have to remove the game from the database, rename the folder and do a new search, homebrew names are taken from the folder the default.xex resides within...

• Like 1

I defiantly did that I named all the folders as per the titles name on unity then did a rescan but that did not work.

renaming the emulators in auroa from the info display as they are named on unity and refreshing the info did fix the problem.

I know how to fix the odd one that does not pick up now without using the assets editor.