RealModScene
professor_jonny

FATXplorer

your console would go well with an extender kit totaling 6tb of shear heaven,downside is the panels not matching your plastic

http://mag.divineo.cn/magento/xbox-360/x-tender-2.html

I wanted one of those, but then read about the guy taking fmcb code and modifying it but not releasing any code. Not only that but it seemed shady trying to get one. But they do look sexxxxy!

Damn, double posted.

Edited by quattrogamer

They work quite well however mine have issues with the alloy hdd mounting plate,not sure if it's the sata adapters causing it or not.I have to insulate the hdd from the mount plate (i assume its an earth problem) or the hdd will have boot corruption,drive boots but the onscreen writing is partially missing,once the hdd is isolated there's no issue.If the electrics stuff out on the front panel the control unit can be substituted with a rotary switch or some other device.The bit at the front with the push buttons is the control panel & is quite small,the price isn't worth what they're charging for it i think however it is only money..lol..

i bought them from a modder here in nz who got them from that website

edit: you know what i miss not being able to buy smartXX 3 modchips thankfully i have two

I like the phats cause you can install Free HDD Boot and run them long after the laser goes out. I got the 50xxx cause I wanted IR remote.

You can always smb share off the PC.. Works pretty good too, that's why I like slims, built in network haha, especially since the network adapter for phats cost like $40-50 nowadays haha

You can always smb share off the PC.. Works pretty good too, that's why I like slims, built in network haha

Yeah, that works well. Better than USB anyway. Not ideal for my case though, I don't like using up all that space on my lappy and don't like the extra routing to run it from my airport disc.

Edit: I think I didn't do it because I'd have to run the software from my win7 VM through my Mac to my network disc. FHDB was much easier... and OPL loses some functions

edit2: I bought my network adapter from gamestop for 75¢

Yeah, that works well. Better than USB anyway. Not ideal for my case though, I don't like using up all that space on my lappy and don't like the extra routing to run it from my airport disc.

Works very well.. Just a bitch to setup tho hahaha.. As it is very picky.. Gotta have it slus****.** and shit haha

Edit: I think I didn't do it because I'd have to run the software from my win7 VM through my Mac to my network disc. FHDB was much easier... and OPL loses some functions

I believe you can get a router with a USB port, and just run the list of games off a spare external.. No PC needed ;-) read about people having success with it.. Just haven't tried it lol

Plus they have codebreaker that works with OPL as I have used that lolol

• Like 1

I believe you can get a router with a USB port, and just run the list of games off a spare external.. No PC needed ;-) read about people having success with it.. Just haven't tried it lol

Plus they have codebreaker that works with OPL as I have used that lolol

Possibly, but like I said FHDB fit the bill. It comes built into 1.93? And later. But SMB doesn't give you vmc support iirc.

Possibly, but like I said FHDB fit the bill. It comes built into 1.93? And later. But SMB doesn't give you vmc support iirc.

There is virtual mc support in opl 9

There is virtual mc support in opl 9

I know, I use it. But I don't think it supports it over SMB

Edit: it may, my memory is fuzzy since I haven't been in the ps2 scen for a minute. But you can't beat the speed of internal hdd. Never a stutter on cutscenes.

I know, I use it. But I don't think it supports it over SMB

I'm pretty sure it does AFAIK/remember lol.. I could be wrong.. My ps2 has been collecting dust since my PC HDD crashed a few months ago haha

Edit: I got a 64mb mem card, as those are like ~$8 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JA81WQE/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1434081955&sr=8-2π=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=ps2+memory+card&dpPl=1&dpID=514kF33FTgL&ref=plSrch

I'm pretty sure it does AFAIK/remember lol.. I could be wrong.. My ps2 has been collecting dust since my PC HDD crashed a few months ago haha

Edit: I got a 64mb mem card, as those are like ~$8 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JA81WQE/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1434081955&sr=8-2π=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=ps2+memory+card&dpPl=1&dpID=514kF33FTgL&ref=plSrch

I think the only thing I use my mc for anymore is system data/ULE data. So 8MB is more than enough. Got to be careful with those mc's too, there's a lot of 64MB clones out there that cause headaches. Guess they can't reproduce magicgate or something.

I think the only thing I use my mc for anymore is system data/ULE data. So 8MB is more than enough. Got to be careful with those mc's too, there's a lot of 64MB clones out there that cause headaches. Guess they can't reproduce magicgate or something.

I've heard about the problems.. But mine works awesome.. With freemcboot on it.. But I guess it is a hit/miss thing.. Lol and for less than $10 it ain't that much of a problem

Legit 8mb ones at used store is $5 and could be just as fucked up..

But I ran out of room quick on 8mb.. Lolol

Edit: the link I posted was for a 128mb one for $8

• Like 1

mine was a slim.. but "freeMcboot" applies to phats/slims(and installs on a mem card).. up to the VERY last versions.. as development ended, and $ony put out a version or 2 afterwards..

and my chip was a ModBo 4.0 i believe.. lol

and "freemcboot" will hotswap to any of the same region PS2's.. just pop in mem card and bam.. modded ps2

FreeMCBoot only works on older models tho, the latest PS2 model don't support it :(

FreeMCBoot only works on older models tho, the latest PS2 model don't support it :(

yeah i know.. like i said, sony popped out a few versions after dev stopped with it.. lol

I like the phats cause you can install Free HDD Boot and run them long after the laser goes out. I got the 50xxx cause I wanted IR remote.

Plus the fats aren't limited to usb 1.0 for the hard drive interface..

Plus the fats aren't limited to usb 1.0 for the hard drive interface..

Not sure, I thought all phats were USB 1.1 and newer slims used 2.0. I tried that setup and ditched it quick because of cutscene stutter (God of War anyone?). Internal HDD on IDE has no stutter.

Not sure, I thought all phats were USB 1.1 and newer slims used 2.0. I tried that setup and ditched it quick because of cutscene stutter (God of War anyone?). Internal HDD on IDE has no stutter.

all ps2 is usb 1.1.. they are cheap asses in the old days haha

• Like 1

all ps2 is usb 1.1.. they are cheap asses in the old days haha

it has nothing to do with being cheap, USB 2.0 didnt exist when they designed the PS2. The newer versions didnt get usb 2.0 because it was the same hardware with a smaller form factor, kinda like the 360 phat vs the 360 slim, essentually they are the same, only difference is that now they can consolidate the CPU and GPU into one chip, which would have cost more when released to do. The only other differences are board layouts, but they all support the same hardware(For the most part).

• Like 3

yeah i know.. like i said, sony popped out a few versions after dev stopped with it.. lol

Actually, it has nothing to do with the dev stopping it, Sony just changed the JIG method on those models from the MU ports to something else... the reason for them to do that was probably FreeMCBoot being released...

• Like 3

Actually, it has nothing to do with the dev stopping it, Sony just changed the JIG method on those models from the MU ports to something else... the reason for them to do that was probably FreeMCBoot being released...

yeah, 

Can i install FMCB on any PS2 model?

All consoles made before mid 2008  work with FMCB. The new Slim SCPH-9xxxxx models with a Date code of 8C and a BIOS v230  dont work with FMCB. All models after this version also will not work with FMCB.

but with the work of pcsx2, might be better to just get a decent pc, and play in hi-def with the hi-res mods