RealModScene
professor_jonny

FATXplorer

Hi guys,

I'm not too Shure if many are aware here but eaton from eaton works will to expand FATXplorer to work with original xbox harddisks after results from a poll of the community.

more info can be found on his official release thread here:

http://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/2015/06/09/2-5-4-now-available/

thanks for the news.. but way kind of late in the game.. as who has pata(ribbon) connections anymore? 

i guess late is better than never..

thanks for the news.. but way kind of late in the game.. as who has pata(ribbon) connections anymore? 

i guess late is better than never..

lol remember that s/pata enclosure unit for $12 that I mentioned in Gavins post?

:thumbup:

I'll try it out and let you know.

Hi guys,

I'm not too Shure if many are aware here but eaton from eaton works will to expand FATXplorer to work with original xbox harddisks after results from a poll of the community.

more info can be found on his official release thread here:

http://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/2015/06/09/2-5-4-now-available/

FATxplorer wasn't made to mount classic xbox consoles and I no luck on my end with a physical attempt. More info on what it can do here http://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/information/

Traditionally people just did it via FTP so good luck on that man.

lol remember that s/pata enclosure unit for $12 that I mentioned in Gavins post?

:thumbup:

I'll try it out and let you know.

lmao.. true.. but this proggy is a "paid" app.. and doesn't even support this featuer YET.. lol

lmao.. true.. but this proggy is a "paid" app.. and doesn't even support this featuer YET.. lol

It would be nice if it did.

It would be nice if it did.

yeah.. but i'd just as soon FTP it.. haha less work.. unless i was feeling froggy about getting an OG xbox(they are only like $20) and doing some mods to it..

yeah.. but i'd just as soon FTP it.. haha less work.. unless i was feeling froggy about getting an OG xbox(they are only like $20) and doing some mods to it..

Be glad to help you mod that any day. That's my Alma mater.

Xbox_zpsmztlj6qt.png

• Like 1

The thing is FATXplorer is able to mount the drive in windows like any other usb and as you can imagine it transfers at sata speeds for me where good old ftp on the Xbox at best case is 11mbps with the ftp overhead on top of that.

If you are copying on a few files sure ftp is the way to go but if you are copying on coinops mega pack for example  and  a few movies it can take hours to do this will be way better.

Of note with the correct sata to ide adaptor you can use a modern sata drive in the Xbox just nothing over 2TB it is hard to get ide drives reasonably priced these days.

If like me you mod lots of original Xbox consoles for friends and family and fit 1 and 2tb drives it can be very time consuming to copy on content and set them up, this just makes things easier.

yes sure it is a paid app but I bit the bullet and purchased it and it has been very valuable for me as a modding tool for the 360.

if it is as good on the Xbox as the 360 storage devices I will be happy!!

I have sent Eaton some binary dumps of Xbox drives to play with and hope to see some progress soon, but that is up to him and his available spare time.

He has all the toys to play with as one would say.

If you are copying on a few files sure ftp is the way to go but if you are copying on coinops mega pack for example  and  a few movies it can take hours to do this will be way better.

That's an 8 hour job on ftp. Anything that can speed it up is welcome. That said I will bow out of anything else related to CO or BP discussion unless it's on his site. Too much drama can ensue.

You do realize that fatx support has been available natively in linux for years now. lol. On the original xbox, you had to know the sector layout to mount the partitions, but on the 360 they didnt go through all the hastle. also ftp is slow, but if you use xbox 360 neighborhood, and xbdm.xex, network file transfers are faster. ;)

The thing is FATXplorer is able to mount the drive in windows like any other usb and as you can imagine it transfers at sata speeds for me where good old ftp on the Xbox at best case is 11mbps with the ftp overhead on top of that.

If you are copying on a few files sure ftp is the way to go but if you are copying on coinops mega pack for example and a few movies it can take hours to do this will be way better.

Of note with the correct sata to ide adaptor you can use a modern sata drive in the Xbox just nothing over 2TB it is hard to get ide drives reasonably priced these days.

If like me you mod lots of original Xbox consoles for friends and family and fit 1 and 2tb drives it can be very time consuming to copy on content and set them up, this just makes things easier.

yes sure it is a paid app but I bit the bullet and purchased it and it has been very valuable for me as a modding tool for the 360.

if it is as good on the Xbox as the 360 storage devices I will be happy!!

I have sent Eaton some binary dumps of Xbox drives to play with and hope to see some progress soon, but that is up to him and his available spare time.

He has all the toys to play with as one would say.

Party buffalo does the same and it's free

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

I'm sold on fatXplorer, all other programs have caused issues for one reason or another.  Sometimes one size of drive won't work or they are just super buggy and crap out in the middle of a transfer.  Don't get me wrong, they work just fine for small things like xexmenu and whatnot, but throwing a terabyte of info onto a fatx drive?  Forget about it.  FatXplorer is stable as hell and the time and aggravation that it has saved me has been worth every penny I spent for the app.  Anyone who wants to do mass  data migrations onto a fatx file system should look into buying this app.

I've got three XB classic's that I still need to do a teardown on, clean them up and hopefully get them going. FatXplorer has proven itself to be an invaluable program, I remember before doing that I was using GODspeed and Horizon. Now its just FatXplorer and Filezilla. ^_^

I'm about to mod a ps2 Slim in a few days, kinda feel like hoarding a vintage collection of modded systems.

I'm about to mod a ps2 Slim in a few days, kinda feel like hoarding a vintage collection of modded systems.

haha.. softmod it.. SUPER easy to freemcboot a ps2.. i got lucky and got a PS2 from used store, that had a modchip already hahahaha, cost $25

Good score..lol.. what was it a fatty or slim

mine was a slim.. but "freeMcboot" applies to phats/slims(and installs on a mem card).. up to the VERY last versions.. as development ended, and $ony put out a version or 2 afterwards..

and my chip was a ModBo 4.0 i believe.. lol

and "freemcboot" will hotswap to any of the same region PS2's.. just pop in mem card and bam.. modded ps2

• Like 1

mine was a slim.. but "freeMcboot" applies to phats/slims(and installs on a mem card).. up to the VERY last versions.. as development ended, and $ony put out a version or 2 afterwards..

and my chip was a ModBo 4.0 i believe.. lol

and "freemcboot" will hotswap to any of the same region PS2's.. just pop in mem card and bam.. modded ps2

Thats what I'll be installing into it. ModBo 4.0 The challenge looks really fun ^_^ I gotta get it running first though. THe PSU arrvived today and it reads no power so I'm going to run a trace on it to see where the power fails.

Thats what I'll be installing into it. ModBo 4.0 The challenge looks really fun ^_^ I gotta get it running first though. THe PSU arrvived today and it reads no power so I'm going to run a trace on it to see where the power fails.

it is kind of a challenge.. some points are TINY lol.. but depends on the mobo version too..

it is kind of a challenge.. some points are TINY lol.. but depends on the mobo version too..

This one is a SCPH-75001 It's going to be a real challenge. I've already seen the install guide on it. Of course I won't attempt it until I know for a fact that this console works normally first.

This one is a SCPH-75001 It's going to be a real challenge. I've already seen the install guide on it. Of course I won't attempt it until I know for a fact that this console works normally first.Didn't know you were looking, I upgraded to a 50001 so I have a spare 

If I knew you were looking, I might have helped. Since I upgraded to a 50001, I have a spare 39001 and 70001. 70001 slim has a clear case and fmcb mem unit. 39001 has a bad optical out port, but has a network adapter for fhdb.

It's been years since i played on my  ps2

read it & drool biatches :p

1 is a brand new slim with a core duo (for backup when the other packs a sad) SCPH90002 CB (frak'd if i know what the CB is for)

my other is also a black slim that was new (the guy stuffed it up & replaced my mobo & new chip)  with the grey mobo (not original to this console) unknown chip i've never bothered to open it ; however it can read re-writable discs where the stupid core duo can't.

As for games i have that'd just be showing off & that's just the genuine retail ones :p

edit: i still think the fats were the better consoles i did have one till it packed up

edit 2: @quttro

your console would go well with an extender kit totaling 6tb of shear heaven,downside is the panels not matching your plastic.

http://mag.divineo.cn/magento/xbox-360/x-tender-2.html

i still think the fats were the better consoles i did have one till it packed up

I like the phats cause you can install Free HDD Boot and run them long after the laser goes out. I got the 50xxx cause I wanted IR remote.

• Like 1