RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Vinà cius Gaspar Conrado

Unformatted MU Corona v2 4G solution without convert to 16mb corona

Hi! I have a corona v2 4G and i power on the console, and saw the internal memory was unformatted and then not format
i ve read very and very topics, speaking for just go that way and no use memory anymore. I ok! but i have know
because today my console in 17150 dash...and in future this cause any problem ? on xebuild if i mark 'disable onboard MU' or 'Disable NAND MU' and write the 17349 dash, my console go on normally ? or not power on because dont have MU NAND ? which are these option i have mark for solve this problem without convert for a corona 16 mb or this is the only solution for my problem ? Thanks! sorry my bad english i am a brazilian ;p

• Like 2

Hi! I have a corona v2 4G and i power on the console, and saw the internal memory was unformatted and then not format

i ve read very and very topics, speaking for just go that way and no use memory anymore. I ok! but i have know

because today my console in 17150 dash...and in future this cause any problem ? on xebuild if i mark 'disable onboard MU' or 'Disable NAND MU' and write the 17349 dash, my console go on normally ? or not power on because dont have MU NAND ? which are these option i have mark for solve this problem without convert for a corona 16 mb or this is the only solution for my problem ? Thanks! sorry my bad english i am a brazilian ;p

i'll repost what Swizzy has said about this: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4435-freeze-with-internal-memory-unit/#entry34599 

jpizzle: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4435-freeze-with-internal-memory-unit/#entry34583

basically set it to disable, and you'll be fine.. as using the internal MU on 4gb consoles is not recommended

• Like 2

very thanks!!! this is a pity that I only know that now, always used the internal memory, i  didn't know was i could lose the console, also seen what can happen with the original console non rgh equal to cechl ps3 which models have the Samsung NOR making the rsod, I have one where I had to make the switch from NOR by Spansion since corrupted on turn off the console, I hope my nand not be corrupted to the level of losing my console, from here I never use the internal memory, i so mad for researched this until the see trouble, and not before :(. Microsoft and Sony, make money saving this parts that cause these problems for us users...

very thanks!!! this is a pity that I only know that now, always used the internal memory, i  didn't know was i could lose the console, also seen what can happen with the original console non rgh equal to cechl ps3 which models have the Samsung NOR making the rsod, I have one where I had to make the switch from NOR by Spansion since corrupted on turn off the console, I hope my nand not be corrupted to the level of losing my console, from here I never use the internal memory, i so mad for researched this until the see trouble, and not before :(. Microsoft and Sony, make money saving this parts that cause these problems for us users...

yeah.. lol.. but that is capitolism.. seems like EVERYTHING breaks, the week after the warranty runs out.. lolol

• Like 1

You could easily convert it to a with out removing the 4gb nand, just a matter of moving some resistors, and installing a dual nand device of some sort, for this purpose, I would go with the squirt one because it is just a nand chip on a board with easy solder pads.

• Like 2

In Brazil is very complicated found a tech and expensive, i pay in this console (New) R$ 1799,00 (USD 572,30) , the double value of PS4 in US...here all is very expensive...the ps4 here in pre sale R$ 4000,00 (US 1272,49)...I hope my console dont brick :(

In Brazil is very complicated found a tech and expensive, i pay in this console (New) R$ 1799,00 (USD 572,30) , the double value of PS4 in US...here all is very expensive...the ps4 here in pre sale R$ 4000,00 (US 1272,49)...I hope my console dont brick :(

if it is working fine, then it should be fine.. as long as you do the patch to keep from writing to it again.. and use a HDD for storage

• Like 1

if it is working fine, then it should be fine.. as long as you do the patch to keep from writing to it again.. and use a HDD for storage

I go open the console, because he too say 'plim' the sound of eject alone (dont open the drive, but the sound yes), i research this problem on forums and i have isolate the flat of sensor with tape, after this i go make a nand dump, and patch with option 'nointmu' on xebuild gui 2.096 and update my dash to 17349, and just go that way for no use this anymore ;) thanks all for help!!!

yeah.. lol.. but that is capitolism.. seems like EVERYTHING breaks, the week after the warranty runs out.. lolol

Yes is the true...the technology advanced all days, and he's need we breaks ours equipments for he's make money, i have a cellphone Sony Xperia z2, the battery is lacrated, for me its sufficient, but the battery life anotherday go's down, or i open the glass, and change the battery, (the battery very difficulty for found), or i buy other cellphone...

Hey Guy's! today i download the xebuild 2.096, and i got the nand dummp via xell reloaded (LAN), after this i create a new updflash.bin on a usb stick, power on the console via eject, but the xell say MMC Console Detected: Skipping uda...blabla... i buy this console on 15574 and upgrade the dash to 17150 via xell...the same form before...but now i got this message...for why ????

Hey Guy's! today i download the xebuild 2.096, and i got the nand dummp via xell reloaded (LAN), after this i create a new updflash.bin on a usb stick, power on the console via eject, but the xell say MMC Console Detected: Skipping uda...blabla... i buy this console on 15574 and upgrade the dash to 17150 via xell...the same form before...but now i got this message...for why ????

You cannot have flashed it using XeLL in the past, XeLL has NEVER supported writing to MMC consoles...

yes i do this before...for game the farcry 4...i have to update the flash and i do with tab tutorial from xebuild 2.095...add the corona4g on the line...this form i updated my rgh...this message never appear to me...is serious

i have the log my past update with xebuild 2.095

==================================

Swizzy's xeBuild GUI version 2.095

Log Started: Thursday 01/01/2015 21:39:32

*** Some console information ***

CB Version: 0

ERROR: Unable to decrypt KV using specified CPUKey!

This means the log will NOT contain information from your keyvault, it can be caused by etheir badkey or badblock/corrupt keyvault

Using xell-reloaded for Glitch hack

Including dashlaunch... Done!

Including custom dashlaunch settings (launch.ini)... Done!

Copying nand to data directory, this may take a while... Done!

Checking if SMC is Glitch or Retail...

Dumping current SMC... Done!

Checking SMC...

SMC is Glitch patched! it will be used the way it is...

Disabling FCRT.bin check...

Disabling HDMI Handshake blockage (no longer waiting for HDMI Handshake to finnish during boot)...

Parameters sent to xeBuild:

-noenter -t glitch2 -c corona4g -d data -f 17150 -b DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA -p <key removed> -a nofcrt -a nohdmiwait output.bin

Building nand using xeBuild (this may take a while):

---------------------------------------------------------------

xeBuild v1.14.693

base path changed to C:\Users\ViNi\Downloads\xeBuild_GUI_2.095\files

---- { Image Build Mode } ----

building glitch2 image

output.bin image built, info:

Kernel : 2.0.17150.0

Console : Corona

NAND size : 48MiB MMC (system only)

Build : Glitch (v2)

Xell : power on console with console eject button

Serial : <serial removed>

ConsoleId : <id removed>

MoboSerial: <serial removed>

Mfg Date : 03/12/2013

CPU Key : <key removed>

1BL Key : DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA

DVD Key : <key removed>

CF LDV : 1

KV type : type2 (hashed - unchecked, master key not available)

xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.

Moving output to your destination directory... Done!

Cleaning data and temporary directories... Done!

****** The app has now finished! ******

i used no xell kkkk used simple 360 nand flasher i go try now

:( i udpdate via simple 360 nand flasher but stay in 17150 dash and the internal memory stay unformatted...i want hide from system...the internal memory blocked my nand write ??? here the log of xebuild gui 2.096:

Swizzy's xeBuild GUI version 2.096

Log Started: Saturday 13/06/2015 20:00:19

*** Some console information ***

ERROR: Unable to get CB version!ERROR: Unable to decrypt KV using specified CPUKey!

This means the log will NOT contain information from your keyvault, it can be caused by etheir badkey or badblock/corrupt keyvault

Using xell-reloaded for Glitch hack

Including dashlaunch... Done!

Including custom dashlaunch settings (launch.ini)... Done!

Copying nand to data directory, this may take a while... Done!

Checking if SMC is Glitch or Retail...

Dumping current SMC... Done!

Checking SMC...

SMC is Glitch patched! it will be used the way it is...

Disabling FCRT.bin check...

Disabling HDMI Handshake blockage (no longer waiting for HDMI Handshake to finnish during boot)...

Parameters sent to xeBuild:

-noenter -t glitch2 -c corona4g -d data -f 17349 -b DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA -p <key removed>  -a nofcrt -a nohdmiwait -a nointmu  output.bin

Building nand using xeBuild (this may take a while):

xeBuild v1.15.709

base path changed to C:\Users\Usuario\Downloads\xeBuild_GUI_2.096\files

---- { Image Build Mode } ----

building glitch2 image

done! fsroot found ok!

output.bin image built, info:

Kernel    : 2.0.17349.0

Console   : Corona

NAND size : 48MiB MMC (system only)

Build     : Glitch (v2)

Xell      : power on console with console eject button

Serial    : <serial removed>

ConsoleId : <id removed>

MoboSerial: <serial removed>

Mfg Date  : 03/12/2013

CPU Key   : <key removed>

1BL Key   : DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA

DVD Key   : <key removed>

CF LDV    : 1

KV type   : type2 (hashed - unchecked, master key not available)

xeBuild Finished. Have a nice day.

Moving output to your destination directory... Done!

Cleaning data and temporary directories... Done!

****** The app has now finished! ******

this means it's in read-only mode... you need to fix that

http://forum.homebrew-connection.org/index.php?topic=144.225

In this topic you speak the corona v2, v4 and v6 is MMC. Wich these version are my ? if a buy sd tool r/w kit an i solder to my board i fix this ?

the difference between v2, v4 and v6 isn't very big, v2 have the small Phison MMC Controller, v4 and v6 both lack the post_out point and uses a MMC memory unit instead, v6 is "Xbox 360 E"

The dump cannot tell you which one it is, and it doesn't matter... they're all basically the same anyways...

Maybe you can get it working with a hardware flasher, i don't know...

the difference between v2, v4 and v6 isn't very big, v2 have the small Phison MMC Controller, v4 and v6 both lack the post_out point and uses a MMC memory unit instead, v6 is "Xbox 360 E"The dump cannot tell you which one it is, and it doesn't matter... they're all basically the same anyways...Maybe you can get it working with a hardware flasher, i don't know...

Very thanks Swizzy ;)

My board not have a phison, have a bga 4gb hytrashnix kkkk, i think my is v4 (xbox 360 e in brazil is named xbox ultra slim or super slim)

I just go that away, if he is gone i go send for a tech convert in a 16mb, but i am curious about the 17349 update, microsoft fresh the hd on usb with total capacity, this make a difference for us e rgh? The games how battlefield 4 require,for high textures now dont require internal hd, or just the limit of 32 gb change to 2 tb? For me 17150 for 17349 changes??? Has anyone game require this update mandatory????

Very thanks Swizzy ;)

My board not have a phison, have a bga 4gb hytrashnix kkkk, i think my is v4 (xbox 360 e in brazil is named xbox ultra slim or super slim)

I just go that away, if he is gone i go send for a tech convert in a 16mb, but i am curious about the 17349 update, microsoft fresh the hd on usb with total capacity, this make a difference for us e rgh? The games how battlefield 4 require,for high textures now dont require internal hd, or just the limit of 32 gb change to 2 tb? For me 17150 for 17349 changes??? Has anyone game require this update mandatory????

there is no real need to update, unless you have a USB drive, but as far as i know, no game requires that dash as of now.

não há nenhuma necessidade real de actualizar, a não ser que você tenha um drive USB , mas, tanto quanto eu sei , nenhum jogo requer que traço a partir de agora .

• Like 1

It's a much greater task to remove then install a new BGA MMC, besides, you have to find one with the exact same specs...

It's much better for you to just strip the MMC and install a NAND (converting your 4GB corona to a 16MB corona) This also lowers the risks of things going wrong ;)

It's a much greater task to remove then install a new BGA MMC, besides, you have to find one with the exact same specs...

It's much better for you to just strip the MMC and install a NAND (converting your 4GB corona to a 16MB corona) This also lowers the risks of things going wrong ;)

I have a Corona v2 4gb and The phison controller or Nand itself is bad.  Swizzy, do you know where I can find a good tutorial for converting it to 16mb nand?

The hardware part is the hard part, you need to remove the phison and the accompanying NAND on the bottom of the board) then you need to change the resistor/cap configuration to match a 16mb corona and install the 16mb NAND where the phison chip was located (there are pins for it there)

Once you've done that, you build a new image using xeBuild GUI and simply select corona, this image will be "clean" meaning there is no badblock management done, so you'll have to manually remap the blocks to match the NAND you installed... then just flash it...

Sent from my SM-G903F