RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
gavin_darkglider

Xbox 360 Benq Drive wont Read discs at all

im not saying your ignorant or anything, just showed the products released WAY before what you have ;-) and there is even a molex connector in your pix.. 

Anyone can make an adapter cable using the header pdf released by Speedy22 Matter of fact I just made this as proof of concept.

The molex is used for EIDE drives....

post-56760-0-57592200-1433759657_thumb.png

Anyone can make an adapter cable using the header pdf released by Speedy22 Matter of fact I just made this as proof of concept.

true.. not saying that they cant either..  back on topic of what you asked about the flag:

the ORIGINAL ways of doing it was using XB to power the drive, until CK's were release because the XB flagged itself for ban without the DVD drive connected.. to combat people flashing their drives. and RGH doesn't care if the drive is connected or not.

true.. not saying that they cant either..  back on topic of what you asked about the flag:

the ORIGINAL ways of doing it was using XB to power the drive, until CK's were release because the XB flagged itself for ban without the DVD drive connected.. to combat people flashing their drives. and RGH doesn't care if the drive is connected or not.

Yeah like in this tutorial here http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/complete-benq-flash-tutorial.813974/

Gavin, I do think that the TuT that Blakey made with the wire patch would probably fix your eject tray issue, not sure about the rest of it though.

Anyways, gnite everyone.

You don't need to spoof a Liteon/Benq swap after 13xxx update, all you need to do is load the new firmware for the drive you're installing (important!) and just copy the key, once flashed it'll work without getting flagged :)

• Like 1

You don't need to spoof a Liteon/Benq swap after 13xxx update, all you need to do is load the new firmware for the drive you're installing (important!) and just copy the key, once flashed it'll work without getting flagged :)

Good to know, I was under the impression that the OSIG needed to match. if only I had my flashing stuff now, I would change the key on the liteon drive and call it a day. I dont get why the benq doesnt work after changing the laser, or more why the disc stops spinning before the laser kicks in. with the liteon drive, the disc will keep spinning.

Good to know, I was under the impression that the OSIG needed to match. if only I had my flashing stuff now, I would change the key on the liteon drive and call it a day. I dont get why the benq doesnt work after changing the laser, or more why the disc stops spinning before the laser kicks in. with the liteon drive, the disc will keep spinning.

It has to be a match prior to 13146, but after 13146 it doesn't matter as much due to the reflash, they can't update the OSIG in the keyvault without breaking the signature, and they really don't want to resign it as that'd give us the private keys so we could resign ourselves :)

So, they simply disabled the OSIG check after 13146 :D (i only know it works with Liteon & BenQ consoles, might work with samsung/Hitachi also, but i'm not 100% sure, either way... Liteon/BenQ are interchangeable without spoofing for 13146+)

• Like 2

Then I guess I will put the liteon drive back together, and attempt to flash it using one of the old PCs around my friends house, so the keys match the current KV. I can pretty much guarantee that the PCB has gone out on the sata side of things, as I put all the same parts in the liteon drive I have sitting here, and it worked, at least to play a movie. It is acting like the Xbox isnt seeing the drive. :( other than that it ejects/injects the tray propperly.

• Like 1

Off topic..... I just saw your sig about the john mathews... friggin awesome lol! I hope he dosn't make his way here  :shock:

• Like 1

Yeah, that guys arrogance, and bad advice always pissed me off. lol. I will give him credit, he got better, but it only took him 2000 posts before he started giving decent advice, and he knows I am a mod here, and he doesnt like me much, so I doubt he will. lol. ;)

• Like 2

i have used Xbox to power drives for years never been flagged just don't be online when you do of course and until you flash the drive with the proper dvd key .......no games ...if it's rgh like you said can't you flash it with Usb

i have used Xbox to power drives for years never been flagged just don't be online when you do of course and until you flash the drive with the proper dvd key .......no games ...if it's rgh like you said can't you flash it with Usb

You cant actually flash the dvd drive with usb on any console, but with an RGH you can swap the key in the keyvault, so it will recognize the games without flashing the drive.

Wrong, you've always flagged your console, but doing so once is considered "ok" by microsoft as it can be a error in the check or something... but, if you go online that info is sent to them, if you then reset that flag, or it increments and you go online again, they'll probably ban you...

• Like 3