RealModScene
Boezelman

Just bought Kinect, need system update?

Hello all!

I'm sure it's a nob question but I can't seem to find a straight answer.

My gave my Xbox to my mom and bought her a Kinect.

Now the system need a xbox live update?

The xbox uses a 16197.0 dash and FS3

Any 1 who can guide "us" through the steps to install a kinect sensor?

Then get the system update so it installs the Kinect and Avatar Data. Ensure your system update matches your dashboard

Plug in Kinect and it'll automatically guide you through the steps if you have not done it before.

Ok, I can't connect to Xbox live so i need to install a dashupdate from usb right?

I thought installing a "stock" update would destroy my rgh, but I guess that will only happen if I try to install a newer version?

yes, but make sure you DO NOT install a newer system update, you WILL kill your xbox.

If your Kernal is 16197 then get the $SystemUpdate_16197.zip from that link i provided for you.

You ONLY need this update if kinect ask you to get the update and that your avatar is all grey.

Yeah buddy, you may need to check Dashlaunch or edit your launch.ini file to ensure updates are allowed.

Simply change noupdater = true to noupdater = false

Then change it back, as new games may have a newer systemupdate on disc.

PS. If someone did your xbox and installed the RGH, ask them for a copy of your updflash.bin file.

You'll need this if you ever need to update or downgrade your kernal (Safe systemupdate). I can do it for you unless you know someone else who is willing to do it for you, but only do it if you ever get a game that requires a newer version or MS make a better dashboard.

PS. If someone did your xbox and installed the RGH, ask them for a copy of your updflash.bin file.

You'll need this if you ever need to update or downgrade your kernal (Safe systemupdate). I can do it for you unless you know someone else who is willing to do it for you, but only do it if you ever get a game that requires a newer version or MS make a better dashboard.

you can get that at anytime using a thumb drive

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2