RealModScene
ko12upted

LiNK WORK AROUNDS

THIS IS MY FIRST POST I WILL KEEP IT SHORT AND TO THE POINT.

Update to the latest version of Freestyle and Lobby problems are fixed.

!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT IF YOUR GAME SAYS NAT/STRICT IT WILL NEVER CHANGE YOUR GAMEING EXPERINCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST FORGET ABOUT STRICT NAT IT MEANS NOTHING ONLY REASON IS BECAUSE YOUR NOT CONNECTING TO LIVE PORTS OR LIVE WE ARE USING A SYSTEM LINK METHODSO IT WILL ALWAYS READ STRICT NAT NO MATTER WHAT. OKAY NEXT PART.

For everyone trying to join a room and you only see a white screen or lobby box even though there are people logged in.

DONT PRESS ANYTHING IF YOU SEE THE WHITED OUT LOBBY BOX (J/K) Press X to refresh the lobby and it wont crash.

Second this is my work around to get into a room with people Logged into it You have to find a lobby with 0 people then join

after that you have to offset your rooms in example.

Lobby 1 1/32 skip

Lobby 2 0/32 (Join This one)

Lobby 3 2/32 skip

Lobby 4 32/32 (Then you can Join This one)

skip

join

skip

join etc

For those who cant see ANY Games CHECK ALL OF YOUR ROUTER PORTS ARE THEY FORWARDED second IF YOU DONT HAVE THE SAME TU AS OTHERS YOU WONT GET INTO ANY GAMES. please JUST DOWNLOAD THE TU takes like 5 minutes or something. Also make sure the tu is working BLACK OPS 2 will tell you in the top right hand corner under multiplayer what your at 7.0-1 IS THE FIRST BARE BACK no Tu is applied.

HOW TO DOWNLOAD TU

GO INTO THE XBOX GAMES AREA THEN PRESS Y ON THE GAME YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD A TU FOR THEN SCOLL TO MANAGE TITLE UPDATES ONCE THERE PRESS Y AGAIN TO DOWNLOAD. ONCE THE TU'S ARE DOWNLOADED CHECK THE MOST RECENT ONE.

OH ( Side Note) I *ACUIRED A GAME cough cough Halo 4 if anyone else has also *Acuired the same game as i have you will notice that the tu will not download and it wont patch at all. SOOOO you need to search for the default HALO 4 CD 1 DEFAULT.XEX and replace yours with that one.

Now as far as game region DO YOU SELVES A FAVOR AND DOWNLOAD X360GAMEHACK google it please i dont have alot of time to be posting random links for lazy goober heads.

USAGE:

RUN AS ADMIN I DONT KNOW IF THIS MAKES A DIFFRENCE BUT I DO IT ALL THE TIME.

Then All you have to do is browse to the game directory then check retail game not dev/kit Then click fix now you have REGION FREE.

IF EVERYONE LISTENS TO THIS POST I THINK LiNK WILL BE MUCH BETTER....

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

SINCERELY

K012UPT3D

P.S: TO ALL THE DEVELOPERS OF FSD THANK YOU FOR THE TIME AND EFFORT AND SORRY FOR THE SNOBS.

Thank you Ko12upted,

Now i see that my problem with BO2 and LINK is related to TU.

I have downloaded all the 3 TUs using FSD and applied the most recent one but it´s not working. My multiplayer menu shows 7.0-1.

Does anyone have any idea why my TUs are not being applied? My game was placed external (USB01:) and in the GOD format.

Edit1.: I checked with file explorer that "HDD1:/content/titleid/0000b000" has the TU file downloaded by F3. 8((

CREATIVEBR...

I ALSO HAD THIS PROBLEM SOLUTION IS VERY SIMPLE FIRST WILL YOU PLEASE CHECK INSIDE THE FILE MANAGER UNDER YOUR GAME PATH OF COD BO2 AND LOOK FOR THE DEFAULT.XEX AND THERE SHOULD BE ONE MORE XEX UNDER IT MAKE SURE THERE ISNT A DEFAULT.XEX.ORIG FILE IF THERE IS YOU HAVE TO DELETE THE DEFAULT.XEX AND THE OTHER ONE I AM SORRY I FORGET WHAT THE NAME OF IT IS SOMETHING.XEX.ORIG IF YOU HAVE THAT ALSO DELETE THE .XEX NOT ORIG AND RENAME ALSO.

IF THE FILES ARE FINE I WOULD LIKE YOU TO GO ON YOUR XBOX AND LOOK AT THE BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER WHAT IS YOUR IP REMBER IT IF YOU CANT SEE IT PRESS ONE OF THE ANALOG STICKS DOWN IF IT SAYS SCREEN SHOT PRESS THE OTHER ONE. NOW GET YOUR COMPUTER AND WRITE THAT IP ADDRESS INTO YOUR URL AND TYPE F3HTTP AS USER AND PASSWORD. LOOK FOR XBOX 360 GAMES AND CLICK THE FIRST OPTION UNDER IT. SCROLL THROUGH THE GAMES LIST AND LOOK FOR BO2.

ONCE YOU FIND THE BO2 GAME YOU NEED TO REMEMBER THE TITLE ID AND THE MEDIA ID OF YOUR GAME.. NOW GO ONTO XUBC.NET TYPE IN THE TITLE ID OF YOUR GAME INTO THE SEARCH NOW LOOK ALONG THE SIDE DO YOU SEE YOUR MEDIA ID OF YOUR GAME IF NOT I HAVE A SOLUTION AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

IF YOU SEE YOUR GAME MEDIA ID PLEASE DOWNLOAD THAT TITLE UPDATE AND PLACE IT MANUALLY INTO THE CONTENT FOLDER 0000000000 ETC ONCE YOUR INTO THE CONTENT FOLDER LOOK FOR 0B0000 PLACE THAT TITLE UPDATE IN THERE.

YOU SHOULD NOW BE GOOD IF NOT HERES MY FIX FOR YOU

http://www.mediafire.com/?v170y3e1gtx250i REPLACE YOUR FILES WITH THESE THEN RELOAD THE GAME AND QUIT THEN DO THE TITLE UPDATE FROM DASH HAVE FUN

SINCERELY

KO12UPT3D

Strict Nat Type doesnt allow us to play system link? but they told me BO2 always says Nat is Strict :C

even with nat strict showing I still find games no problem

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

SORRY TO CONFUSE WHO EVER HAS READ THIS POST YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A STRICT NAT BUT YOU CAN STILL CONNECT PERFECTLY THE REASON IS YOUR NOT USING XBOX LIVE PORTS SO THE GAME READS STRICT BECAUSE WE ARE ALL USEING A SYSTEM LINK METHOD BASICALLY JUST FORGET ABOUT THE STRICT NAT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR PERFORMANCE IN GAME BUT YOUR PORTS WILL EITHER ONE OF TWO THINGS LET YOU PLAY OR WONT SO OPEN THEM UP.... ONCE AGAIN SORRY FOR THE MISPRINT OKAY EDITED THE POST ONCE MORE SORRY ABOUT THE CONFUSION

SINCERELY

KO12UPT3D

CREATIVEBR...

I ALSO HAD THIS PROBLEM SOLUTION IS VERY SIMPLE FIRST WILL YOU PLEASE CHECK INSIDE THE FILE MANAGER UNDER YOUR GAME PATH OF COD BO2 AND LOOK FOR THE DEFAULT.XEX AND THERE SHOULD BE ONE MORE XEX UNDER IT MAKE SURE THERE ISNT A DEFAULT.XEX.ORIG FILE IF THERE IS YOU HAVE TO DELETE THE DEFAULT.XEX AND THE OTHER ONE I AM SORRY I FORGET WHAT THE NAME OF IT IS SOMETHING.XEX.ORIG IF YOU HAVE THAT ALSO DELETE THE .XEX NOT ORIG AND RENAME ALSO.

IF THE FILES ARE FINE I WOULD LIKE YOU...

SINCERELY

KO12UPT3D

Hi KO12UPT3D,

I deleted all the 3 TUs and downloaded them again. Set the last one as active and the magic finaly worked.

This time i notice the TU file was placed at the CACHE folder.

Thanks a lot for the help.

CreativeBR

fsd cannot download tu for bo2 so you have to download manually.i did and i get version 22.0.-1 but my room problem is still same

wrong it does if your set up right

CREATIVEBR...

IF THE FILES ARE FINE I WOULD LIKE YOU TO GO ON YOUR XBOX AND LOOK AT THE BOTTOM LEFT HAND CORNER WHAT IS YOUR IP REMBER IT IF YOU CANT SEE IT PRESS ONE OF THE ANALOG STICKS DOWN IF IT SAYS SCREEN SHOT PRESS THE OTHER ONE. NOW GET YOUR COMPUTER AND WRITE THAT IP ADDRESS INTO YOUR URL AND TYPE F3HTTP AS USER AND PASSWORD. LOOK FOR XBOX 360 GAMES AND CLICK THE FIRST OPTION UNDER IT. SCROLL THROUGH THE GAMES LIST AND LOOK FOR BO2.

ONCE YOU FIND THE BO2 GAME YOU NEED TO REMEMBER THE TITLE ID AND THE MEDIA ID OF YOUR GAME.. NOW GO ONTO XUBC.NET TYPE IN THE TITLE ID OF YOUR GAME INTO THE SEARCH NOW LOOK ALONG THE SIDE DO YOU SEE YOUR MEDIA ID OF YOUR GAME IF NOT I HAVE A SOLUTION AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.

IF YOU SEE YOUR GAME MEDIA ID PLEASE DOWNLOAD THAT TITLE UPDATE AND PLACE IT MANUALLY INTO THE CONTENT FOLDER 0000000000 ETC ONCE YOUR INTO THE CONTENT FOLDER LOOK FOR 0B0000 PLACE THAT TITLE UPDATE IN THERE.

YOU SHOULD NOW BE GOOD IF NOT HERES MY FIX FOR YOU

http://www.mediafire...v170y3e1gtx250i REPLACE YOUR FILES WITH THESE THEN RELOAD THE GAME AND QUIT THEN DO THE TITLE UPDATE FROM DASH HAVE FUN

SINCERELY

KO12UPT3D

My Game Ä°s Ä°nstalled And Content/000000/415608C3 and there is no default.xex. What can i do ?

My Game Ä°s Ä°nstalled And Content/000000/415608C3 and there is no default.xex. What can i do ?

Okay your game wont install to content/0000/ your game path is somewhere else bud like hdd1: Xbox 360 games the CONTENT PATH IS FOR YOUR TUS AND EXTRA CONTENT ADD ONS SUCH AS MAPS ETC. So you need to check the correct path here easiest way to find it goto settings then content and then manage your game paths look and see where your paths are set it will either say USB OR HDD once you find out that information look for the game there. inside Content/0000/415608C3 should be another folder something to the line of 00B0000 inside there is where your TUS WILL GO im not on my box right now so i dont exactly know the 00B0000 number its off the top of my head. Hope this helps.

SINCERELY

KO12UPT3D

fsd cannot download tu for bo2 so you have to download manually.i did and i get version 22.0.-1 but my room problem is still same

Did you do the fsd3 LiNK check? Are you passing all of the tests? Do you see game lobbies with players in them? lots of questions still need answering.

i can play gears of war 3 with LiNK.it works fine, i can join rooms and play with the others

Okay bud this will be my final post and best of wishes you get things working. I know you can play gears of war no problems heres the thing not everyone is up to speed on their updates keep this in mind look in lobbies for tu 3 updates or 22.0. etc lobbies. Now best i can tell you keep joining diffrent games containing zero people then trying to rejoin the ones with tu3 till you get in. i know this method works the last game i play today was 32 in lobby and 32 in game no bots sure it lagged bad but i still got in and played. ALSO NOTE THAT IF A HOST HAS A BAD CONNECTION YOUR CONNECTION WILL SUCK TOO. so why dont you host a game with bots then when you notice a bunch of users playing then host with none i have also done this in the past. good luck bud. WHAT REGION IS YOUR GAME?

SINCERELY

KO12UPT3D

Technically your wrong but right. IF THE GAME WAS ACQUIRED BY OTHER MEANS THEN BURNING YOU COULD SAY IT WONT DOWNLOAD TUS...... THE REASON BEING IS THE DATA IS CORRUPT MEDIA ID WONT MATCH THE GAME DISC ID ETC. So for now you need to do what you have said to make it work.

wrong it does if your set up right

You are right but wrong if the media id doesnt match the disc id then the dashboard will download the disc id content but wont patch because the media id is wrong sorry to let you in on this but it has happened to me twice.

FOOOD FOR THOUGHT ANYONE HERE TRY TO PLAY SYSTEM LINK GAME BETWEEN TWO BOXES? WELL GUESS WHAT YOU STILL HAVE NAT STRICT NO MATTER WHAT TRY IT AND SEE. HERES SOME INFORMATION I PULLED OFF THE WEB.

Xbox LIVE requires the following ports to be open:

• Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
WHAT PORTS DO WE USE? AND ARE WE CONNECTED TO LIVE? XBOX LIVE GAMES ARE DESIGNED TO USE XBOX LIVE PORTS MAKE SENSE?

MAYBE THIS WILL HELP SOMEONE OPEN PORTS

Depending on the router model, find the appropriate configuration page for port forwarding. Look for menu items "Port Forwarding", "Exposed Host", "Virtual Server", "NAT", "DMZ" or something like that.

If you find something like "Port Triggering" or "Port Mapping", this is not what you're looking for. But you're very close. Instead of "Triggering" or "Mapping" look for "Forwarding".

You should get to a configuration page, that asks for incoming port, protocol and internal IP address.

You will need to forward the following ports to the static IP of your Xbox console, that you set up earlier (and made a note of. In our example this was the 192.168.1.23)

Now forward the following ports to that IP:

• UDP 53
  • TCP 53
  • TCP 80
  • UDP 88
  • UDP 3074
  • TCP 3074
Sometimes a router allows a protocol setting for "both" TCP and UDP combined. If so, choose that to save you some work and create only a single rule for ports 53 and 3074. BUT IN OUR IN CASE THE PORTS SHOULD BE 3071 AND 3072

BASICALLY IN A NUT SHELL NO XBOX LIVE WE ALWAYS WILL BE RESTRICT

SINCERELY

KO12UPT3D

When you say: "Then All you have to do is browse to the game directory then check retail game not dev/kit Then click fix now you have REGION FREE". I should uncheck dev/kit, and check retail game to get a region free game? Is it realy necessary to run properly the game? Why?

Thanks

Well this is what i do, I can not verify that ntsc or pal games will link to each other but my game was ntsc and i found that with this method i could join more games.

Yes you should uncheck dev/kit unless you own a developers kit.

CONCEPT IDEA IS TO BROADEN YOUR CHANCES OF JOINING GAMES. BASICALLY MY THEORY MIGHT BE WRONG BUT IF IM NOT THEN THIS WILL HELP

EXAMPLE:

SAY I HAVE NTSC AND YOU OWN A PAL DISC "ARE THESE GAMES COMPATIBLE TOGETHER"? SO REGION FREE MEANS ANY GAME CONSOLE CAN PLAY THIS DISC AND ITS NOT LIMITED TO PAL OR NTSC IT CAN PLAY WITH BOTH CONSOLES. WHICH JTAG OR RGH ALREADY DO WE ARNT LIMITED BUT IM NOT SURE IF THE SOFTWARE IS LIKE WINDOWS VS MAC THESE SYSTEMS ARE INCOMPATIBLE MAYBE THE GAMES CANT PLAY AGAINST EACH OTHER.

ITS JUST A THEORY AND IT WORK FOR ME SO I DECIDED TO POST THIS FOR EVERYONE TO TRY AND MAYBE IT WILL HELP OUT.

SINCERELY

KO12UPT3D

When you say: "Then All you have to do is browse to the game directory then check retail game not dev/kit Then click fix now you have REGION FREE". I should uncheck dev/kit, and check retail game to get a region free game? Is it realy necessary to run properly the game? Why?

Thanks

'

yep uncheck dev/kit if you dont have one

My UDP ports keef failling in the link test. TCP ports are ok, what can I do? Also, my games are region free, but keek getting unable to join session in BO2, and unable to connect in MW3. Did what you said about the TUs, and also the default.xex thing, but still nothing. I think I'm going to give up....

My UDP ports keef failling in the link test. TCP ports are ok, what can I do? Also, my games are region free, but keek getting unable to join session in BO2, and unable to connect in MW3. Did what you said about the TUs, and also the default.xex thing, but still nothing. I think I'm going to give up....

do you have pingpatch and devlink enabled in dash launch? Have you set up port forwarding on your router?

do you have pingpatch and devlink enabled in dash launch? Have you set up port forwarding on your router?

Yes an yes!