RealModScene
grampasso

Aurora Multidisc support

I know this is a bit old thread, but seems to no one found or know why the disk swap doesnt working on Aurora, I believe I have found an answer.

I was putting together an xbox RGH for a friend and I came across the same problem.

The problem is that if you start the xbox with Freestyle Dash as the main menu, the swap plugin does not work on Aurora Dash, and vice versa.

It is necessary to choose which Dash you want to use through Dashlaunch / Paths / Default, and Reboot the Xbox.

If the games folders and subfolders were working in Freestyle Dash, then there is no need to make any changes in this regard.

I personally use it as follows:

Eg      hdd:/ Games/ Dead Space 2/ Disc 1 

hdd:/ Games/ Dead Space 2/ Disc 2

Both "Disc 1" and "Disc 2" folders inside a single folder with the name of the game.

Hope it helps someone.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for this and perfect timing, as I'm just now setting up my RGH.

Do I need to adjust the scan depth of my games path from 2 to 3 to make this work with the multidisc folder hierarchy you listed?

On 2/19/2020 at 2:41 PM, Bluefunoodle311 said:

Thanks so much for this and perfect timing, as I'm just now setting up my RGH.

Do I need to adjust the scan depth of my games path from 2 to 3 to make this work with the multidisc folder hierarchy you listed?

set the scan depth to 9.. that way it will always go deep

On 2/18/2020 at 10:33 AM, RoYama84 said:

I know this is a bit old thread, but seems to no one found or know why the disk swap doesnt working on Aurora, I believe I have found an answer.

I was putting together an xbox RGH for a friend and I came across the same problem.

The problem is that if you start the xbox with Freestyle Dash as the main menu, the swap plugin does not work on Aurora Dash, and vice versa.

It is necessary to choose which Dash you want to use through Dashlaunch / Paths / Default, and Reboot the Xbox.

ok so i am gonna answer you specifically to this.. you are kinda wrong here while being right as well..

the reason is you more than likely have FSD's plugin running, then swapping to aurora.. instead you should unload the FSD plugin, then swap to aurora, then enable the nova plugin..

and everything will run correctly, essentially you are going extra steps to achieve the exact result

Hi guys I have a problem with the game dead space 2 ... xbox 360 i use the xex menu program and when i finished disc 1 it calls disc 2 knowing that the game i have is complete and often you transfer automatically ... but now i have not tried a lot and i used aurora program  And anything but nothing I can't play disc 2 ... Did anyone help me ... I found one solution which was that I was looking for a save game chapetre 7 but I did not find that either is there any help please

On 5/8/2020 at 12:10 PM, Ibra54 said:

Hi guys I have a problem with the game dead space 2 ... xbox 360 i use the xex menu program and when i finished disc 1 it calls disc 2 knowing that the game i have is complete and often you transfer automatically ... but now i have not tried a lot and i used aurora program  And anything but nothing I can't play disc 2 ... Did anyone help me ... I found one solution which was that I was looking for a save game chapetre 7 but I did not find that either is there any help please

have you tried booting the second disc? and loading your save file??

multi disc games have a folder structure that needs to be followed in aurora/FSD

soo, is it normal for games to have two files in dash?

if so which disc do i have to launch first?

Edited by Altf
to add more stuff