RealModScene
Maulus

Mod advice required please

Dear reader,

Due to the release of the xbox one and the warrenty on my xbox 360 Slim gone i thought it would be time to start modding the living crap out of it....well sort off...so i bought myself an xk3y, disassambled the xbox only to find out i got the Hitachi FW 0502, wich like you all know can not be readed from the pc for its BIN file, oh joy, this is where the fun starts. Searching the inet made it quite clear i need to get myself an RGH pcb....and after reading some more i noticed one key difference in all of the coolrunners, they do not go with the Corona mobo, and guess what.......thats right i got the Corona version 1.

Now there are so many things you can buy to mod the crap out of the xbox i no longer know what is required, to make my xk3y work, the following questions thus came to mind.

- Which Coolrunner do i need?

- Do i need to buy myself the QSB upgrade board aswell?

- i am kind of good with the hardware less on the software is this easy to do?

- after grabbing the files needed from processor does the xbox still need the timed resets to make the xk3y work or can i simply desolder the whole shabang and keep the original dashboard?

-i am not playing online (mainly because i refuse to pay for xbox live) do i need the NAND board never the less?

I hope you guys can give me some info about this.

Here follow some specs of the xbox

- xbox 360 slim Aug. 2011

- most recent dashboard

- Hitachi FW0502 dvd drive

- for now unmodified

• Like 2

While your waiting have a browse of the tutorial section,there's a sticky there the 4th one down.There's another non sticky further down to mod from scratch

Hello, thank you for that, how ever it wasn't clear to me thats why i posted here sounds dull i know but there is so much information there that i got lost. The question about the software has been resolved though.

And one came back in place: it seems to me like i wont need the Xk3y if i install the RGH this is correct?

Hello, thank you for that, how ever it wasn't clear to me thats why i posted here sounds dull i know but there is so much information there that i got lost. The question about the software has been resolved though.

And one came back in place: it seems to me like i wont need the Xk3y if i install the RGH this is correct?

correct.. xk3y is only for emulating the DVD drive.. RGH makes it so you dont need discs.. and any rev c will work on your corona.. dunno where u read it wouldn't(winbond mobo's need cr4, yours DEF isn't winbond).. and your nand-x will read from it.. without the need of a 4g r/w kit, and you also don't need the postfix adapter either.. you should be good to go on that.. but yes read the tuts.. and since TX shut down their forums.. most of the pix and stuff is scrapped.. 

but you COULD rgh it for the dvd info, and uninstall it to use the xk3y(stock dash), or just use the RGH as is.. which would be better.. as xk3y is frowned upon because people use it for "live".. but all really your personal preference..

i'd suggest stick with RGH.. but you don't have to follow my advice..

but to put it in the form of your questions:

1. Any rev C or "clone"

2. QSB are not rquired, that is a personal preference

3. Software is easy, get xebuild http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/9-homebrew/

4. Once you have the dvd info, no the RGH isn't needed for Xk3y

5. I assume you mean "Demon"? and no.. 

Thank you very much this helped out a lot!!!

I considerd your advice of using the RGH, how ever i would probbly only use it to play downloaded games of an external HDD, and watch some movies i reckon, the other mods are more cosmetics like other LEDs in the Ring of light and sorta things, mabye even a nice watercooler ;)

Thank you very much this helped out a lot!!!

I considerd your advice of using the RGH, how ever i would probbly only use it to play downloaded games of an external HDD, and watch some movies i reckon, the other mods are more cosmetics like other LEDs in the Ring of light and sorta things, mabye even a nice watercooler ;)

you mean, you'll probably use your "legitimate" copies on your external hardrive? as piracy talk IS NOT allowed ;-)

but RGH has more capabilities than just that, such as the emulators?? custom dash's/skins.. 

and Xk3y requires you to have iso's on external anyhow.. which would be pointless not to have the RGH, since you do not want to play on live?? as that is what the xk3y is targeted towards?

Indeed i did mean the illigal stuff i only do legal..........

I did some reading up and i start to see the extras of the RGH, i reckon i just sell the xk3y instead and solder me that RGH chip in. I just reckonned the key was easier but i need the RGH anyway so beter to keep that in then!!

Does the warning "dont be on the latest dashbord" still matters for the RGH?

Cheers mate!!

Indeed i did mean the illigal stuff i only do legal..........

I did some reading up and i start to see the extras of the RGH, i reckon i just sell the xk3y instead and solder me that RGH chip in. I just reckonned the key was easier but i need the RGH anyway so beter to keep that in then!!

Does the warning "dont be on the latest dashbord" still matters for the RGH?

Cheers mate!!

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5391-xebuild-115-xebuild-gui-2096-17349-kernel-support-added/

latest dash compatible ;-)

@tomma66

what he was asking i believe was if he could be on the latest dash after RGH, instead of being behind.. which is yes.. as Xebuild/Dashlaunch for 17349 was released by Swizz @ HBC, and Chrishockey re-posted here, use the link i posted to update ;-)

Nah i was asking for the original xb dash :) since many stated "not have the newest dash installed befour you solder in the RGH chip"

Thanks all for the advice, time to sell the the xkey and get me a cool runner rev c. You all have been a great help by deciding. :)

rev c will work on your corona.. dunno where u read it wouldn't(winbond mobo's need cr4, yours DEF isn't winbond)

What bullshit is this?

Corona needs a CPLD/Coolrunner/RGH Chip with a Crystal on it, Rev c didn't have that, CR3 Lite did... (or is my memory flunked?)

Also, Winbond consoles don't need a special chip, all they need is special patches...

Wait...what? So i need a CR3 lite? Instead of a CR rev c?

And what is with the winbond?

Cheers

Wait...what? So i need a CR3 lite? Instead of a CR rev c?

And what is with the winbond?

Cheers

You need a chip with a crystal on it, it doesn't have to be a TX Chip

Coolrunner Rev C don't have a crystal on it, but you can buy one and install manually... this applies to ALL coolrunners...

look at this picture, you'll see the crystal pointed to by a pencil:

maxresdefault.jpg

Okay, so i installed the Xkey never the less only i had to make some one extract the dummy.bin file.

kind of pissed off because iam getting the E64 error now.......DAMN YOU MICROSOFT I HATE YOU! (doesn't matter if it is or isn't theyre fault i just made it theyre fault)

So now that iam pissed off about this iam going to extract the damned xkey sell it and buy myself the permanent RGH like i needed to do in the first place!

i need:

CR3 Lite (or clone), i need to NAND-x programmer and its lil cable. QSB is a personal choice....why would i want it?

E64 means that the xk3y is having a issue, which is normal when you put a dummy.bin for a Slim Hitachi?!

You put these files there:

0502.txt <--- Empty file

dvd.txt <--- Containing your DVDKey

cpu.txt <--- Containing your CPUKey

fcrt_enc.bin <--- Containing a encrypted copy of your fcrt.bin (basically raw extract) this one might be enc_fcrt.bin aswell (my memory is a bit flakey on that one)

Personally i hate QSB's because of the risk of a short underneath it, if there's a short under it you won't see it but it'll cause you a major headache, on top of that, QSB's aren't particularly easy to remove if something happens...

They're meant to be a quick way to do the installs with everything mapped out on a small PCB instead of using wires, but i find that they don't save particularly much time... for me, they cause more headaches then they help make things faster :p

What bullshit is this?

Corona needs a CPLD/Coolrunner/RGH Chip with a Crystal on it, Rev c didn't have that, CR3 Lite did... (or is my memory flunked?)

Also, Winbond consoles don't need a special chip, all they need is special patches...

Don't they also need the postfix adapter?

Don't they also need the postfix adapter?

Only Corona v3, v4, v5 and v6 (those without the POST trace)

Ok so i finaly found a CR3 lite, but i got to read and rewrite the NaNd what is the tool used for that called?

Ok so i finaly found a CR3 lite, but i got to read and rewrite the NaNd what is the tool used for that called?

JRProgrammer or NAND-X (the later is faster then JRProgrammer, but costs more and works with more software then JRProgrammer)

Is there a big difference between the JR prommaer and the jr programmer v2?

Besides i only have 2 choices...NAND-X isn't available anymore just the 2 mentioned above

And would i be okay with soldering a RevD clone? It does have an oscillator build in so i reckon yes

Is there a big difference between the JR prommaer and the jr programmer v2?

Besides i only have 2 choices...NAND-X isn't available anymore just the 2 mentioned above

And would i be okay with soldering a RevD clone? It does have an oscillator build in so i reckon yes

NAND-X is available from select stores

The difference is that JRProgrammer v2 have more features then v1, but they don't really matter for you ;)

• Like 1

How about the rev D clone that a proper one? Its the same as a rev C but wih an oscillator on it.

How about the rev D clone that a proper one? Its the same as a rev C but wih an oscillator on it.

I NEVER advice anyone to buy a clone, well, one that is a known clone anyways... i can tell you to buy other chips such as Squirt 1.2/1.2b or so... but, i will never tell you to buy a china clone... you don't know what quality it is, maybe it works today but not tomorrow, or it doesn't work at all when you get it...

Lol Every reaction brings more question...:p the hell is Squirt? I know it from......well yea that....but as a chip?