RealModScene
xDRAGONxLuky

[NOVA] Ping patch limit (Eliminate 99% of lag on link)

To answer a few more things.

1) Rating was removed due to excessive abuse, it didn't work and people were getting temp bans for nothing

2) xDragonxLukyx or whatever, you need to work on tone. I didn't even read the last post, due to caps and other word choice in the begining. I found it offensive without even reading it. I often have the same issue with how i type, but yeah thought i would let you know.

3) We won't be controlling rooms by ping. Period.

4) As for leader, when a new leader is set, he has leader until he leaves at which point the original room leader has priority then it goes to who was in the room longest.

I thought about shutting it down as it gets exploited and hacked a lot, i don't have a lot of time, and its a lot of work. I don't make money its a lot of work, and fun sometimes, but its not a job, and sometimes it feels like it.

yeah sorry i was thanking all the devs for all their work in caps because i want to really stress out that i am truely thankfull for what u guys have done for us.

and god damn hackers always have to ruin all the fun :(

yeah sorry i was thanking all the devs for all their work in caps because i want to really stress out that i am truely thankfull for what u guys have done for us.

and god damn hackers always have to ruin all the fun :(

If it wasn't for hackers none of this would've been possible in the first place...

It's just the black hat hackers that ruin the fun for everyone else because they suck :)

• Like 1

4) As for leader, when a new leader is set, he has leader until he leaves at which point the original room leader has priority then it goes to who was in the room longest.

I thought about shutting it down as it gets exploited and hacked a lot, i don't have a lot of time, and its a lot of work. I don't make money its a lot of work, and fun sometimes, but its not a job, and sometimes it feels like it.

We really appreciate your work!

Is "4)" an upcoming feature or is it implemented already? Cause when I played in a room one time, I was kicking someone and somehow my console froze while I was in the HUD, so I had to restart it. When I entered the room, someone who "just" entered the room became the leader and not someone who was in there for about a hour already. Just wanted to mention this.

As I said, I respect your and your team's hard work!

We really appreciate your work!

Is "4)" an upcoming feature or is it implemented already? Cause when I played in a room one time, I was kicking someone and somehow my console froze while I was in the HUD, so I had to restart it. When I entered the room, someone who "just" entered the room became the leader and not someone who was in there for about a hour already. Just wanted to mention this.

As I said, I respect your and your team's hard work!

4)  is how it will be when it gets there.

so i have 0% chance that this will be implemented because there are not enough developers.

so i will wait until nova will come out and than i will try my luck again.

i am 100% sure this would solve all the issues we have in bo2

the things i will ask after nova comes out:

- option to make smaller private rooms (option for 10, 18, 32 max players)

- the same as room leadership there would be room host. the person who creates the room givs the leadrship to the one that will kick and the title of room host to the one that would host (this is just for nova to know who is hosting). when a person would want to join he would be pinged, and if his ping is above x (we could test a bit to see what is the highest ping that does not induce to much lag, for example 180ms), he would not be able to join.

This is why the forum has game matching threads. maybe make regional private rooms as a temporary fix.

This is why the forum has game matching threads. maybe make regional private rooms as a temporary fix.

i have asked i think 5 people that usually host and they told me that when you select region (when creating a room) it does nothing. it just displays the region name in the rooms name. otherwise this would be amazing. and maybe an option to select more than one region would also be great. 

regarding the forum, i even tryed to make a fb group since i know that most of the players i play with are mostly active there and it did not work out :(

and thank you for the constructive reply (would press thanks, but  have none left)

Why would you think a region lock or block would work,when quite clearly governments can't

i have asked i think 5 people that usually host and they told me that when you select region (when creating a room) it does nothing. it just displays the region name in the rooms name. otherwise this would be amazing. and maybe an option to select more than one region would also be great. 

regarding the forum, i even tryed to make a fb group since i know that most of the players i play with are mostly active there and it did not work out :(

and thank you for the constructive reply (would press thanks, but  have none left)

I'm talking about manually opening a thread in the region you live in on the forum here  http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/forum/42-matchmaking/ in the matchmaking section stating what games you play and where you're located. Then with the users who reply to you, add them to your friends list, and have whomever has the greatest bandwidth host the game and everyone else connect to them.

Why would you think a region lock or block would work,when quite clearly governments can't

Refer to the answer above its not anything special at all.

• Like 1

is there a way to change the ping patch limit? instead of disabling it for example if we would be able to change the value from 30ms to 250ms?

if i understand correctly the host constantly pings everyone that is connected to his game and if the player has a higher ping than 30ms he gets disconnected. so why cant we just change the value to 250 instead of disabling it?

is there a way to change the ping patch limit? instead of disabling it for example if we would be able to change the value from 30ms to 250ms?

if i understand correctly the host constantly pings everyone that is connected to his game and if the player has a higher ping than 30ms he gets disconnected. so why cant we just change the value to 250 instead of disabling it?

The host doesn't need pingpatch, it's the actual players that do...

So is it possible to just change ping limit number? Why dont we do that? And set it to 300ms or something? If someone has more than 300ms ping to the host than he will drag down the connection and lag. Its better for everyone that he goes to a different host. And setting it to 300 is really so no one can complain.

If this would be implemented even hosting in public room would be fun.

Me and most of my friends (actually all the players with headset that i play with) love to have an open room, because you meet new people and its loads of fun. The problem is that people with bad connections are joining all the time (mostly Brazil people) and we have to kick all the time. Lately system link is having issues and it turns off the console when you press system link. This happens to everyone i know and the frequency of it varys. Because of that no one wants to kick anymore, because of the fear that xbox will shut down.

To minimize kicking players (and reducing load to the server) i think 2 options would help:

1. we turn on ping patch limit and change the limit from 30ms to lets say 300ms (so if you have 1 bar you would get disconnected)

2. my other idea is to have a shared block list. For example i send a request for shared list to few of my friends and if they accept we would have a shared list. This means if i block someone, he would automatically be blocked on all my friends list with whom i share the list. This would allow us to have open rooms again.

So an example on how this would work: i send the share request from xboxunity site to lets say 9 other friends. from now every time one of my friend blocks someone, the person would be blocked by all people sharing the list. So we make a room and it doesnt matter which one of my friends is the leader, because we all have an up to date list of people with really bad connection. It takes a lot of time to block all the lagy people and thats why we dont have a good block list, but if we could share a list and every member blocks few people the list would be up to date all the time.

And again i do not enjoj blocking people and we do not do it because we want to. We block only the people that have a really bad connection and are making the game impossible to play (and cheaters). Because of the lack of such features we are forced to lock down the rooms and there fore making it impossible for new players or players that dont play that often but have good connection to join.