RealModScene
Stoyan K

Important Link bug with rooms

When somehow the people in one room bacame 33 ( where normally are 32 max ) , this bugs the room and crashed all the games running in this room. Its good to be fixed.

• Like 2

Any idea how they do that? this issue was fixed a while back when we were informed about it being done using xboxunity...

today so far it laged on me 3 times. everyone in the room lags out. but the players come back. its been doing this for the last few weeks of me playing on LiNK. i tho it was cuz of all the new dev stuff like linkchat and nove link being tested worked on...

LinkChat has nothing to do with RMS, Xboxunity or Link other then it being made targetting Link users

Nova is being tested by the developers only at this point, and NOVA runs on LiNKv2 and not LiNKv1 which means it shouldn't be having much of an effect on LiNKv1

Most of the lagg issues should be the connection between you and the others as you're connected to eachother, the server is only responsible for letting everyone know who are in each room

LinkChat has nothing to do with RMS, Xboxunity or Link other then it being made targetting Link users

Nova is being tested by the developers only at this point, and NOVA runs on LiNKv2 and not LiNKv1 which means it shouldn't be having much of an effect on LiNKv1

Most of the lagg issues should be the connection between you and the others as you're connected to eachother, the server is only responsible for letting everyone know who are in each room

ok, lol, idk, then whats going on with the lagouts.. 

As swizzy stated.. Def ain't "linkchat" as you only need to be on Xbox to sign in, you can the totally shut down Xbox, and stay on linkchat.. And chat away.. That app doesn't even play on any unity/RMS server, but the room hosts PC..

I saw this 33 players thing many times, once even 35 players :D.

Another bug I know is this:

When you close the game/shutdown your xbox without leaving the room on xboxunity.net or by pressing Y in the system link menu, you will be still kicked out of the room, but if you return to the game and try to enter this same room later through xboxunity.net, it will show you "part" instead of "join", even though you aren't in this room anymore. This is just a little thing, but I just wanted to mention it.

Thanks

Any idea how they do that? this issue was fixed a while back when we were informed about it being done using xboxunity...

Thanks, for answering, but I mean...I am not imaginating myself, and it is a real problem, which is happening now. : ) I never ever write in forums, just for nothing, or just for more posts with unnecessary words.  : )   Lagging out is completely different thing, which is our problem and can't be fixed by Link creators. : )

The problem is: When people became 33 , all the games in the room, drops out their users. And we can join again when the normal 32 user count is back.

Thanks, for answering, but I mean...I am not imaginating myself, and it is a real problem, which is happening now. : ) I never ever write in forums, just for nothing, or just for more posts with unnecessary words.  : )   Lagging out is completely different thing, which is our problem and can't be fixed by Link creators. : )

The problem is: When people became 33 , all the games in the room, drops out their users. And we can join again when the normal 32 user count is back.

Yes, but the user count shouldn't be possible to go up into 33+ which is the weird part... you have no idea how ppl join a room that's full? that'd help a ton in narrowing down where the actual problem is...

Adding to swizzy's post about lag it is also caused by the game itself (have you never seen a game lag offline in single player mode) & the xbox.As well as differing internet connections including the time of day,internet throttling etc,etc

Yes, but the user count shouldn't be possible to go up into 33+ which is the weird part... you have no idea how ppl join a room that's full? that'd help a ton in narrowing down where the actual problem is...

What if this happens when users are 31 and both people push join in the same time ( I didn't write the source code of Link, so how could I know where the problem is ? ). So in the end you telling me that this is not fixable and it is not problem with Link?  And it is not happening from the beggining of Link existence, so it is not related to our equipement.

Yesterday this happened 5 times for two hours in the middle of the games, for anyone in the room ofcourse, not only for me ( and ofcourse everytime I check, when that happened, the user count was 33 for this exact moment). I will repeat myself, that i am NOT talking about lag dropouts. I am a pc engineer, so please don't treat me like a random kid, because I know what I am talking about.

The problem is not reported enough, because many people don't know where to report it, because they don't see the 33 people problem, because they don't mind and because they think, that this is server/lag dropouts..

tbh. i think it will not be fixed to one of the devs find out how its done or nova link drops.. i agree. its fucking bullshit sent i am back playing on LiNK. but you can not fix something or less you know hows its done..

Alright, here are some ways I know, some of them may be fixed already:

-enter a full room with xboxunity.net (I think this has been fixed)

-enter a full room with another TU, quickly change the TU and go back to the game. If its done

fast enough then you will still be in the room.

-the TU thing also works if you are in an other game I think. For example if you wanna enter a 32 players room in COD BO2, you can go to an other game that has system link, like Red Dead Redemption for example, and enter the room you wanted to join through xboxunity.net. Then just return to the game you actually wanted to play.

As I sayed, these thing might be fixed already, but it would still be nice if you can check it.

What if this happens when users are 31 and both people push join in the same time ( I didn't write the source code of Link, so how could I know where the problem is ? ). So in the end you telling me that this is not fixable and it is not problem with Link?  And it is not happening from the beggining of Link existence, so it is not related to our equipement.

Yesterday this happened 5 times for two hours in the middle of the games, for anyone in the room ofcourse, not only for me ( and ofcourse everytime I check, when that happened, the user count was 33 for this exact moment). I will repeat myself, that i am NOT talking about lag dropouts. I am a pc engineer, so please don't treat me like a random kid, because I know what I am talking about.

The problem is not reported enough, because many people don't know where to report it, because they don't see the 33 people problem, because they don't mind and because they think, that this is server/lag dropouts..

I never said the sole issue is lag dropouts? and the post you quoted was about getting more information about the whole issue, i haven't coded LiNK either, nor do i have access to it's code... i'm merely trying to get a grip as to where the devs should begin looking to fix the issue

We've fixed one such issue which was with xboxunity.net afaik

Honestly, i have no idea who anyone here really is, what they work with etc. i don't know who you are in real life, therefor i can only respond to the threads the same way i do with anyone else... And quite frankly, you could be the Barack Obama or whatever i wouldn't give a rads ass, i'd still respond in the same way...

• Like 1

thinking aloud

Should stoyan or somebody make a video of it incl game,tu used & any other relevant stuff to help the devs nail it ?.As it appears there maybe another bug & quite possibly the fix before may have opened up another coding issue;it happens fix a bug here 100 more open up over there,saw it on a doco about video game coding,sometimes leaving the bug there is better than fixing it as it may open up a stack more

thinking aloud

Should stoyan or somebody make a video of it incl game,tu used & any other relevant stuff to help the devs nail it ?.As it appears there maybe another bug & quite possibly the fix before may have opened up another coding issue;it happens fix a bug here 100 more open up over there,saw it on a doco about video game coding,sometimes leaving the bug there is better than fixing it as it may open up a stack more

good thinking. lol

Happened at least three times again in the middle of the games. The equipement is nothing special, no need for videos. : ) Game: Black Ops 2 , TU 18, latest dashboard, latest dashlaunch. Nothing special in launch.ini and no plugins used. And after the "Conection Lose" is written, i fastly push the guide button, then system link, to see the 33 user count, that bugged the games. And ofcourse no games are shown and the hosts have to make the games again. But it is not happen only on my end, but everybody's.  : )  This problem begin to happen from one or two months. I think that everyting was alright before 2015.

I think, that if we ( or somebody in touch with Link creators )  report this bug to them, they will find what cause it. My theory is that this happen when two users push simultaneously join button, when users are 31, and the program can't decide, whom to bring in and then show 33.

The fact remains the same, until we know how people are joining a full room, we cant track down the bug. :( video proof that it is happening wont help us track down the bug. if i had to take a guess, i would say that the problem is possibly when people go back to the dash, the room reports them not signed in any more, but then when they join the game again, it reconnects them to the room, even if it is full. dont have access to my xbox to test this currently. :(

Happened at least three times again in the middle of the games. The equipement is nothing special, no need for videos. : ) Game: Black Ops 2 , TU 18, latest dashboard, latest dashlaunch. Nothing special in launch.ini and no plugins used. And after the "Conection Lose" is written, i fastly push the guide button, then system link, to see the 33 user count, that bugged the games. And ofcourse no games are shown and the hosts have to make the games again. But it is not happen only on my end, but everybody's.  : )  This problem begin to happen from one or two months. I think that everyting was alright before 2015.

I think, that if we ( or somebody in touch with Link creators )  report this bug to them, they will find what cause it. My theory is that this happen when two users push simultaneously join button, when users are 31, and the program can't decide, whom to bring in and then show 33.

That's highly unlikely to happen this frequently, as a computer tech you should know that computers do things very quickly, and having humans clicking the same button within a few milliseconds of eachother isn't very likely to happen...

Some of the issues mentioned above are things that are quite likely to cause it, but, right now we're probably not going to fix those, mainly due to LiNKv1 being dropped in a not too distant future, LiNKv2 will likely solve these bugs anyways...

That's highly unlikely to happen this frequently, as a computer tech you should know that computers do things very quickly, and having humans clicking the same button within a few milliseconds of eachother isn't very likely to happen...

You talking about me or him, as I didnt see anything about this guy being a tech? I understand that computers do things quickly, but I have also noticed that if I switch from a game I was playing on link, with out leaving the room, go play a different game, and then come back to the game I am still in the room, as long as I didnt play on link in the game I switched to. ;) I never checked unity to see if it logged me out of the room i was in to begin with, then auto logged me back into the room when I started the game again. If it is the latter, it is a possiblity to what is causing the issue.

You talking about me or him, as I didnt see anything about this guy being a tech? I understand that computers do things quickly, but I have also noticed that if I switch from a game I was playing on link, with out leaving the room, go play a different game, and then come back to the game I am still in the room, as long as I didnt play on link in the game I switched to. ;) I never checked unity to see if it logged me out of the room i was in to begin with, then auto logged me back into the room when I started the game again. If it is the latter, it is a possiblity to what is causing the issue.

imho PC Engineer is the same as a computer tech :p

I am a pc engineer, so please don't treat me like a random kid, because I know what I am talking about.

• Like 1

imho PC Engineer is the same as a computer tech :p

: ) Users need at least 1-3 seconds joining a room. But If its not needed for them to push in the same milisecond, but instead in this 1-3 seconds time period, this will be not so rare. What if Link can't make the time difference in these seconds, and can't just "open the gate" only for the first one pushed? : )

: ) Users need at least 1-3 seconds joining a room. But If its not needed for them to push in the same milisecond, but instead in this 1-3 seconds time period, this will be not so rare. What if Link can't make the time difference in these seconds, and can't just "open the gate" only for the first one pushed? : )

yeah, but, once your request has been processed the information updates, so... milliseconds... each request does their checks...

yeah, but, once your request has been processed the information updates, so... milliseconds... each request does their checks...

I hope then Link does it right. : ) We will continue to search then, what might cause it. Thanks for the responses, swizzy!