RealModScene
ethanvenzin

Help please with Dragon Age Inquisition

Help please I can't seem to play DAI with titlr update 6 it just won't start for some reason

I tried to delete cache and my save datas but it doesn't work

now I have to restart but I can't even launch the game with title update 6 the screen just goes black

help please

• Like 2

Help please I can't seem to play DAI with titlr update 6 it just won't start for some reason

I tried to delete cache and my save datas but it doesn't work

now I have to restart but I can't even launch the game with title update 6 the screen just goes black

help please

play on TU5.. or get the CORRECT MEDIA ID TU 6

Do you have any plugins loaded (for dashlaunch) or do you have the FSD plugin loaded? try disabling those...

Also try updating the kernel to the latest version see if that makes a difference

So your NOT getting the screen loop? it just goes black?  Thought i heard/and dealt with everything with this game.....but never heard of that one.  If its the loop, unload the FSD plugin.........Black screen is totatlly wierd, even with no/wrong TU it should boot, just not load the saves.  I'll ask around but this is a first for me and this game.  Even with DLC ive never heard of just a black screen........

The loop is a common issue....wow, something new with this game weekly..LoL.

So your NOT getting the screen loop? it just goes black?  Thought i heard/and dealt with everything with this game.....but never heard of that one.  If its the loop, unload the FSD plugin.........Black screen is totatlly wierd, even with no/wrong TU it should boot, just not load the saves.  I'll ask around but this is a first for me and this game.  Even with DLC ive never heard of just a black screen........

The loop is a common issue....wow, something new with this game weekly..LoL.

Black screen could mean that the game is crashing the console during startup, which could be related to incorrect kernel, you normally only get the updates from xbox live, and there you'll always be on the latest kernel, there won't ever be this problem, so they might not be checking the kernel requirements after the TU has been applied... if it even have any such information (?)

If the game tries to access features that don't exist in the current kernel it'll crash the console, it doesn't always end up being something Dashlaunch can deal with for you (which is what it does when you see the message about fatal exception)

• Like 1

10-4..i think...is why we need to update kernal for some new games, right?  Makes alot of sense...LOL.  ;-)  

10-4..i think...is why we need to update kernal for some new games, right?  Makes alot of sense...LOL.  ;-)

Exactly, if the game tries to access something that isn't there, it handles it by crashing the console... it doesn't handle it because they check for this kind of stuff already before the game is authored

And games ship with atleast the version required for it to run on the disc, digital copies never have this issue as you have to be on xbox live to download the game which also means you have to update to the latest kernel...

• Like 1

I have updated my kernel,it's 17150 

If i try to launch it nothing happens,usually there is bioware logo and shit stuff,but this nothing happens just black screen

but i'm able to use the guide button to get back to the dash etc.

i haven't tried unloading plugins but i'll try later thanks guys

Then i am out of ideas for the moment, most issues with TU's would fall under kernel being incompatible (too old), the TU being corrupt/incompatible (but that would mean it should be ignored rather then actually loaded)

Some plugins also cause issues with some games, the most common one to cause issues is XBDM, it's known to cause all kinds of issues, another partially common is faulty trainers (one that patches things it shouldn't be patching) the FSD Plugin was also known to cause problems for this particular game under particular circumstances...

The one thing left to try would be to unload Dashlaunch, but it haven't caused any issues for ages...

Well,maybe I'll try unloading xbdm because I didn't unload it before thanks,I'll try it later when I can

dammit why did I deleted my save

So if it was working before try working backwards & undo any changes or mods you did. my game works just fine however it's original & unmodded

My game info

T ID: 45410997

M ID:4C274E0C

Ver:0.0.0.14

Disc 2

TU:0

edit: this assumes you've installed the game correctly or you haven't got a stuffed iso (what do comments say from the dl page) or damaged files when transferring

Well,maybe I'll try unloading xbdm because I didn't unload it before thanks,I'll try it later when I can

dammit why did I deleted my save

it's the freestyle plugin.. not any dashlaunch plugins, as i have 3 running, to include xbdm. freestyle/link plugin causes the loop.. have to unload it everytime.. lol

Disc 2 - T ID: 45410997 M ID:4C274E0C

TU6: titleid-45410997 mediaID-4955B754
works flawless.. 
zkgyz5.jpg

Still can't get it to work but anyway i'll figure it out later thanks guys everyone who replied

did you make sure you title update wasn't broken?? it is around 1gb..

Could it be the region not being spoofed?  if its 'just' the loop (bioware over and over) then yes, its the FSD plugin, np.  But sounds like another issue to me....but i know nothing, LoL.

HELLO ,  Me too i have the same Problem BUT ;I HAVE DECIDED NOT PLAYING any DLC of THIS GAME EVEN  SHADOW OF MORDER   !!!

Could it be the region not being spoofed? if its 'just' the loop (bioware over and over) then yes, its the FSD plugin, np. But sounds like another issue to me....but i know nothing, LoL.

No region needs to be spoofed?? If you have region free game?

HELLO ,  Me too i have the same Problem BUT ;I HAVE DECIDED NOT PLAYING any DLC of THIS GAME EVEN  SHADOW OF MORDER   !!!

Ok...dont know why your not using DLC, but your call.  What is your problem, loop, black screen, or what?  Im still kinda lost on this thread.  If its the loop unload the FSD plugin.  For DLC to work for me on Dragon Age, i had to use a GoD also, or DLC wouldnt show up.

No region needs to be spoofed?? If you have region free game?

At this point, im at a loss, so dont know which region his game is from, he never stated in OP.......so a 'black screen' is new to me (splash screen loop is common), and i thought ive had just about every issue with this game.  Are you running xex?  Maybe somehow a file got corrupted.....we need more info then i have black screen....if we are to help (is it the loop or not?!?! LoL).

At this point, im at a loss, so dont know which region his game is from, he never stated in OP.......so a 'black screen' is new to me (splash screen loop is common), and i thought ive had just about every issue with this game.  Are you running xex?  Maybe somehow a file got corrupted.....we need more info then i have black screen....if we are to help (is it the loop or not?!?! LoL).

lmao.. true.. he never did specify a region.. and yeah, i have the splash screen loop if i don't disable the "freestyle plugin".. press start, boom, logo.. lol

and as far as the DLC stuff.. you might have to remove the media checks from the xex.. dunno how this xex is coded.. as this is the first time any errors have shown up.. because of the plugin.. afaik

• Like 1

Thanks guys i have finally fixed it,it's my bad actually when i cannot play that's maybe because i was using disc 1's xex files,and i changed it and downloaded a new title update because the old one didn't work and it finally working the only issue i got is the loop thing,but that's not really a problem thanks guys

• Like 1

Thanks guys i have finally fixed it,it's my bad actually when i cannot play that's maybe because i was using disc 1's xex files,and i changed it and downloaded a new title update because the old one didn't work and it finally working the only issue i got is the loop thing,but that's not really a problem thanks guys

disable/unload the freestyle plugin.. that causes the loop issue

I have Inquisition installed to external HDD xex and after loading screen I get bootloop tu7 media id: 4C274E0C

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk