RealModScene
Chrishockey55

Dashlaunch 3.15 : 17349 kernel support added

With dashlaunch setup to have "noupdater=true" you'll be unable to update from gamediscs (the console doesn't even know the update is there)

Yes, you can downgrade using both updsrv and a nandflasher, both of them simply overwrite the existing nand data with the NAND built using xeBuild

Yeah, they're NEVER forwards compatible, each new kernel requires a new dashlaunch version...

Until there is an official xeBuild release for the new kernel, there's no new dashlaunch (they're always released at the same time)

The best you can do is downgrade to 17349, that's the latest officially supported kernel, and right now there is nothing that requires 17489 other then Xbox Live, which isn't supported by anyone on this site anyways

hi man thanx for the dashlaunch , i really appreciate the effort

but i just like RMS Freshman just updated my jtag console to 17489 (finally because of my corona 4 gb motherboard . i think you know what i'm talking about)

anyway i can tell you that it is the final version i mean it had been released and used since the 17th september

but still can't find the compatible dashlaunch . so i think i'll just wait

and what is about the 17489 and xbox live ?? that seems interesting

cheers

hi man thanx for the dashlaunch , i really appreciate the effort

but i just like RMS Freshman just updated my jtag console to 17489 (finally because of my corona 4 gb motherboard . i think you know what i'm talking about)

anyway i can tell you that it is the final version i mean it had been released and used since the 17th september

but still can't find the compatible dashlaunch . so i think i'll just wait

and what is about the 17489 and xbox live ?? that seems interesting

cheers

Nobody on this forum is named "RMS Freshman", that's a status/title, i didn't make Dashlaunch... i make xeBuild GUI, Simple 360 NAND Flasher and a few other things...

I don't know what you're talking about, as i haven't heard of any specific problems with 17489, mainly due to the official version isn't public yet and the testers haven't had any problems as far as i know...

Nobody on this forum is named "RMS Freshman", that's a status/title, i didn't make Dashlaunch... i make xeBuild GUI, Simple 360 NAND Flasher and a few other things...

I don't know what you're talking about, as i haven't heard of any specific problems with 17489, mainly due to the official version isn't public yet and the testers haven't had any problems as far as i know...

wow this is embarrassing sorry i didn't know that as you can see i just signed in , and thanks for xebuild and simple 360 nand flasher it is really some good stuff

and i'm not talking about the 17489 but flashing the corona 4gb in general cause xeBuild dosen't support corona 4gb (can't determine nand size)and eve if we force it to it will screw your dvd driver

and i found the latest version (17489) in some tutorials and i managed to get it work properly (i have no problems too)

but stil waiting 4 the dashlaunch (do you have any idea when it gonna be realeased )

and the xbox live thing you didn't say anything about it :unsure:

cheers 

and i'm not talking about the 17489 but flashing the corona 4gb in general cause xeBuild dosen't support corona 4gb (can't determine nand size)and eve if we force it to it will screw your dvd driver

and i found the latest version (17489) in some tutorials and i managed to get it work properly (i have no problems too)

but stil waiting 4 the dashlaunch (do you have any idea when it gonna be realeased )

and the xbox live thing you didn't say anything about it :unsure:

cheers

That's incorrect, xeBuild GUI don't support handling 4GB Coronas, but... it doesn't mess with your DVD drive at all, however... in some cases you need to use "-a nofcrt" aswell in order for the drive to work (if you have had it flashed/replaced this may be required for it to work, with some drives it causes problems instead of solving the problem, that's why it's an optional patch)

Infact, if there's a problem it'd be a xeBuild problem and not xeBuild GUI since all the GUI really does is copy your NAND to the data folder and tell xeBuild what to do with it, you can easily change things around on your own (what it should tell xeBuild)

The 17489 may appear to be working as you expect it to, however there may also be problems you haven't encountered yet, there also tends to be a patched dashlaunch out and about which causes even more problems for the new kernels before the official stuff is released...

I can't tell you when it'll be released, we're doing testing right now and we have other things to do aswell... on top of that, 17489 isn't required by anything yet... therefor there's really no need to release it... (it's only required to mess with Xbox LIVE which we do NOT support)

That's incorrect, xeBuild GUI don't support handling 4GB Coronas, but... it doesn't mess with your DVD drive at all, however... in some cases you need to use "-a nofcrt" aswell in order for the drive to work (if you have had it flashed/replaced this may be required for it to work, with some drives it causes problems instead of solving the problem, that's why it's an optional patch)

Infact, if there's a problem it'd be a xeBuild problem and not xeBuild GUI since all the GUI really does is copy your NAND to the data folder and tell xeBuild what to do with it, you can easily change things around on your own (what it should tell xeBuild)

The 17489 may appear to be working as you expect it to, however there may also be problems you haven't encountered yet, there also tends to be a patched dashlaunch out and about which causes even more problems for the new kernels before the official stuff is released...

I can't tell you when it'll be released, we're doing testing right now and we have other things to do aswell... on top of that, 17489 isn't required by anything yet... therefor there's really no need to release it... (it's only required to mess with Xbox LIVE which we do NOT support)

ok then, thans for your help

i'll just downgrade to the 17349 , until the final release 

good luck with your work

cheers

With dashlaunch setup to have "noupdater=true" you'll be unable to update from gamediscs (the console doesn't even know the update is there)

Yes, you can downgrade using both updsrv and a nandflasher, both of them simply overwrite the existing nand data with the NAND built using xeBuild

I really appreciate your work and time, thanks for all your help. Currently I am on Stock Dash and Dash Launch v3.15 is not working on 17489 so I can't change the setting now, I will do it in the new version of Dash Launch. I have only two options left either downgrade my dash to 17349 or wait for updated version of Dash Launch. I have decided to wait for updated version of Dash Launch, till then I will manage with Stock Dash and Xex Menu, my kid usually play games from DVD so there won't be any problem for him as well. Thanks once again :thumbup: :thumbup:

hi there. im using modded xbox 360 (kernel) so i using pirated dvds to install and play games in my xbox 360. one problim happened to me while update my kernel to 17349 (or any modern kernel version) . some of games changed to demo games (was full games before i update to  17349) so it cost me money to buy the full games.and once i turn it back to old kernel built (like 16767) the games changed to full games so i dont know what happened here cuz i new to xbox 360.

hi there. im using modded xbox 360 (kernel) so i using pirated dvds to install and play games in my xbox 360. one problim happened to me while update my kernel to 17349 (or any modern kernel version) . some of games changed to demo games (was full games before i update to  17349) so it cost me money to buy the full games.and once i turn it back to old kernel built (like 16767) the games changed to full games so i dont know what happened here cuz i new to xbox 360.

They weren't unlocked properly... that's what happened...