RealModScene

LiNK Chat Poll  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should I continue the development of LiNK Chat?

2. 2. If yes, what feature would you want to see added the most?

• Console Notifications (new message alert)
    • Deeper Console Integration (gamertag, gamerscore, etc.)
    • Game-specific Functions (Call of Duty functions such as on-screen text)
    • I voted no.
  3. 3. If no, why not?

• I wouldn't use it.
    • I don't like the idea.
    • It's not an official Phoenix/Aurora/Nova project.
    • I voted yes.

and when you have no room in linkchat can I create?

I can not create a room in the public chat link :( do not know if by my internet is via radio because no open router port

Maybe the server is down? (if it crashed i don't think it'll automatically restart at this point)

Maybe? For this purpose xbox live has a status website. Maybe we could need this too but we dont have that much services xD

Maybe? For this purpose xbox live has a status website. Maybe we could need this too but we dont have that much services xD

Well, this isn't really the same thing, nowhere near the same...

We've got multiple people with multiple servers running on different locations, if we would've put up a "is the service online" thing for LiNK it'd still be quite redundant as that would be running on the same server, if the server is down, so will the info page ;)

And this chat software doesn't quite run the same way either, i believe it's made to run on a windows PC, not Linux or anything like that (meaning, not really a server thing, more of a home pc server)

Well, this isn't really the same thing, nowhere near the same...

We've got multiple people with multiple servers running on different locations, if we would've put up a "is the service online" thing for LiNK it'd still be quite redundant as that would be running on the same server, if the server is down, so will the info page ;)

And this chat software doesn't quite run the same way either, i believe it's made to run on a windows PC, not Linux or anything like that (meaning, not really a server thing, more of a home pc server)

This.

However, the server can basically run on ANY machine. It's coded in .NET, but it uses 2.0 so it can run on literally any Windows machine, and almost any Linux box, so long as you can run Wine or something similar.

• Like 2

A new version of LiNKChat has been released! It now supports logging into your dashboard's WebUI (no more disabling security) and also allows custom rooms to be added. Users can now host their own private chat rooms. :)

• Like 1

in my case I add a private room and not much happens

It does not happen anything to create a private room here -_- as already said my internet allows me not to open the router's ports if you can make take the need to open the doors I thank here in Brazil we have problems like this

in my case I add a private room and not much happens

It does not happen anything to create a private room here -_- as already said my internet allows me not to open the router's ports if you can make take the need to open the doors I thank here in Brazil we have problems like this

that wont help.. you can get a free VPN.. and that WILL.. but no one can do jack about your ISP m8

okĀ ok more to create a room no one she thinks

vocƃĀŖ poderia chamar-se o seu ISP e pedir-lhes para abrir as portas, mas honestamente ninguƃĀ©m, mas vocƃĀŖ pode fazer isso .. e eles devem, a menos que haja uma razƃĀ£o especƃĀ­fica que rotina .. em seguida, ir com a rota VPN

Ā 

you could call up your ISP and ask them to open the ports, but honestly no one but you can do that.. and they should, unless there is a specific reason they wont.. then go with the VPN route

• Like 1

then they ask to disable the router and change the static IP on xbox but I have done it and did not open the doors because my net and radio

There is nothing anyone, anywhere, that can do anything for you.. ISP is the only ones, or get a VPN.. ;-)

Or use your port that you play on LiNK with.. As you DO play on link, and you have to have open ports for that.. ;-)

And the ISP can open multiple ports

There is nothing anyone, anywhere, that can do anything for you.. ISP is the only ones, or get a VPN.. ;-)

Or use your port that you play on LiNK with.. As you DO play on link, and you have to have open ports for that.. ;-)

And the ISP can open multiple ports

Actually, opening ports for link is only required if you're hosting...

Actually, opening ports for link is only required if you're hosting...

Makes sense.. Lol..

Change your ServerSettings.xml file to reflect a new name for your room. It might help sort out of confusion.

Change your ServerSettings.xml file to reflect a new name for your room. It might help sort out of confusion.

Might want to write a quick generator for that ;)

Also keep in mind that Windows 10 can still have issues with various things...

• Like 1

This.

However, the server can basically run on ANY machine. It's coded in .NET, but it uses 2.0 so it can run on literally any Windows machine, and almost any Linux box, so long as you can run Wine or something similar.

Wine no longer supports .NET, try the Mono package instead, which is made specifically to emulate .NET Framework. something like "mono program.exe" at the command line, and it will run it natively without emulation. ;)

If you guys have TeamViewer, I'd be willing to jump on and help you set up your rooms manually.

• Like 3

Thanks

Are you out of your goddamn mind?!?!?!?! DO NOT post the ID and password in a public thread! send it in a PM! (Teamviewer allows ppl to connect to your computer and control it remotely)

• Like 3