RealModScene

LiNK Chat Poll  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should I continue the development of LiNK Chat?

2. 2. If yes, what feature would you want to see added the most?

• Console Notifications (new message alert)
    • Deeper Console Integration (gamertag, gamerscore, etc.)
    • Game-specific Functions (Call of Duty functions such as on-screen text)
    • I voted no.
  3. 3. If no, why not?

• I wouldn't use it.
    • I don't like the idea.
    • It's not an official Phoenix/Aurora/Nova project.
    • I voted yes.

with disabling security work your app xd

Copy 'n' paste the actual exception message please? it helps ALOT

Swizzy

************** Texto de la excepción **************

System.Net.WebException: Error en el servidor remoto: (401) No autorizado.

en System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)

en System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)

en System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)

en ClientMain.GetUserInfo(String Host)

en ClientMain.Button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

with disabling security work your app xd

Swizzy

************** Texto de la excepción **************

System.Net.WebException: Error en el servidor remoto: (401) No autorizado.

en System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)

en System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(Uri address)

en System.Net.WebClient.DownloadString(String address)

en ClientMain.GetUserInfo(String Host)

en ClientMain.Button3_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

That error means that Leumonic forgot to add sending of credentials :p (or they're not correct)

That error means that Leumonic forgot to add sending of credentials :p (or they're not correct)

it gives that error when it can't connect.. but disabling the security of webui works.. and he removed the plugin requirements too.. and swizzy.. new xebuild is out lmao

• Like 1

it gives that error when it can't connect.. but disabling the security of webui works.. and he removed the plugin requirements too.. and swizzy.. new xebuild is out lmao

Yes, i know, did you check homebrew-connection? >_>

• Like 1

Yes, i know, did you check homebrew-connection? >_>

nah.. i seen the posts here lol by chrishockey.. as i was busy testing out LiNKChat.. lol

Cool Idea, Dont really know if I want to be reaching for the computer when in the middle of a game to respond though. :( Welcome to the dev scene though, Probably would be a bit better if you could scrap the webui part though. If it connects to link, there is no reason why you couldnt just have it connect to link, with out the xbox, using your api key. ;) might be worth looking into. :) It might get more use that way, especially after nova is released. ;)

• Like 1

Cool Idea, Dont really know if I want to be reaching for the computer when in the middle of a game to respond though. :( Welcome to the dev scene though, Probably would be a bit better if you could scrap the webui part though. If it connects to link, there is no reason why you couldnt just have it connect to link, with out the xbox, using your api key. ;) might be worth looking into. :) It might get more use that way, especially after nova is released. ;)

good idea with the API key.. lol

there is no room xd

You could also do for website, if you would not need to download anything, or integrate with the webroot

good idea with the API key.. lol

Actually, using the Web UI gives me access to your Unity API key, Unity username, whether you have LiNK/Unity enabled, profile name, profile image, XUID, gamerscore, and what controller you're signed into. It's really helpful to utilize it. I'm going to be adding security authorization for LiNKChat so you can keep your WebUI security enabled.

I also really like the idea of modifying the webUI to add a live-chat type service into it. However, the PC option lets me do a LOT more with it, in terms of integration.

• Like 2

I'm in. Setup was simple enough. I think removing the need for XRPC and neighborhood SDK was a good call. Just to complex for a lot of users. I've been looking forward to the new Nova plugin since the tease. I used to be a big xlink user even way back in the original xbox days which required a computer so that isn't a huge deal . Just a thought if it were possible to integrate into a website with a nice mobile version voice to text on a phone or tablet could possibly alleviate the need for slapping a keyboard around. Good luck with development! I'll be keeping an eye on it.

sorry about the quality.. as screencapture/screenshots dont capture the notifications 21kyoo4.jpg

I'm in. Setup was simple enough. I think removing the need for XRPC and neighborhood SDK was a good call. Just to complex for a lot of users. I've been looking forward to the new Nova plugin since the tease. I used to be a big xlink user even way back in the original xbox days which required a computer so that isn't a huge deal . Just a thought if it were possible to integrate into a website with a nice mobile version voice to text on a phone or tablet could possibly alleviate the need for slapping a keyboard around. Good luck with development! I'll be keeping an eye on it.

xrpc is needed for some stuff, like the notification of new msgs! but SDK "dependancy" is removed

So I've released a public version (including the client, the custom server (useful for later), and the plugins needed to make LiNKChat work, as well as a README to get everything set up. To get the official version of LiNKChat that I will be providing support for, please go to http://linkchat.ml/ and download it!

• Like 3

I actually do think it requires the XDK again, but I'll try to find a way around it.

• Like 1

I actually do think it requires the XDK again, but I'll try to find a way around it.

Just make sure it doesn't try connecting to the console by default, that should be sufficient for it to work without the XDK for those that don't have the XDK ;)

• Like 1

Or make a temporary plugin the app can interface with. Might talk to Maester Rowen about this to make an aurora plugin just for this like the Coverflow editor. ;) Still think it should connect directly to unity, and then it may be able to act like smartglass for rgh. ;)

Or make a temporary plugin the app can interface with. Might talk to Maester Rowen about this to make an aurora plugin just for this like the Coverflow editor. ;) Still think it should connect directly to unity, and then it may be able to act like smartglass for rgh. ;)

Such a plugin would be loaded in the CFEdit slot until 0.6b, if Nova isn't already included with 0.6b ;)

• Like 1

Just make sure it doesn't try connecting to the console by default, that should be sufficient for it to work without the XDK for those that don't have the XDK ;)

the requirement is for the notifications on XB.. the whole XDK requirement is optional now.. just without it, no notifications thru XB..

b3lqfr.jpg

in no way im trying to deter NOVA production, it is just nice to see someone is trying to help out there, WITH the mindset, that this will be unused once NOVA is live :smiling:  

and i also understand the idea about the malicious intent.. as some have already stated

and it doesn't allow chatting THROUGH the xb, like nova will.. just sends xnotifications.. 

you could create an XML with the texts of the application and notification to translate?

More will be added nef.. I've talked to Vituous69/leumonic about sharing the source with Gavin and whatnot.. To maybe get better ideas/features.. But as they have both stated, might not go too far when nova gets released.. As both Gavin/leumonic have said.. Nova will pretty much dominate over this.. But maybe.., and leumonic has stated, anyone will be able to continue the work on this when he is done.. So don't think that just because there isn't something there now, that it won't be ;-) but that would be up to who/if someone does pick it up

• Like 1

Gotta say this is awesome!!! Even though NOVAs coming, its GREAT to see something like this finally made!!!  Great job m8!!!  I dont have box online or i'd join up just to test............

This is too kool....thanks again!!!