RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
begallegal1

[Skin] Background Slideshow - choose your own background slides! *New V2 10 slides*

Background Slideshow 

Skin for Aurora 0.5b

→  VIDEO CLIP â†

Screenshot taken during background transition lol :p

SlideFade_zps76yff94i.png
Skin background image fades between 1 of 5  images you choose!! 

You get a new background about every 10 seconds !! 

Instructions For Use:
1. Name 5 images as follows - Bkg1.png, Bkg2.png ,Bkg3.png, Bkg4.png ,Bkg5.png

2. Put them in your "Aurora\Backgrounds" folder.

(if you need a tool to bulk rename or convert your backgrounds to .png THIS does the job well)

NOTES: If you swap backgrounds while Aurora is running you will need to "Restart" the program from the system menu for the images to reload.

due to opacity of the images during transition it is recommended that you use a gradient or other neutral image as your "default" set background, this should avoid any unintended images from being seen through the slideshow transitions

Also added wrapping file browser lists, otherwise skin is same as default.

If there is much interest in this skin I can easily make a better v2 and include , more total images in the "slideshow", extend the time each image shows, add support for .jpg pics,...let me know your suggestions!?!?

Overall this is more or less just another proof of concept skin to show what can be done with external backgrounds, so others can make more out of it if they would like ;)

Example backgrounds pack

Example_Bkgs_SlieshowSkin_begal.rar

Skin

backgroundSlideshow_begal.rar

******************************************************************************************************************************************
****************************** VERSION 2 - 10 slides ********************************

Same as above just add your backgrounds Bkg1.png - Bkg10.png ;)

10%20slides_zpsbthyqdju.png

City Lights Example Background Pack

City Lights Bkg Example_begal.rar

10 Image Slideshow Skin w/default image

backgroundSlideshow10_begal.rar

10 Image Slideshow Skin w/out default image

backgroundSlideshow10_nodefaultbkg_begal.rar

• Like 13

Great work!!!... Maybe we could edit the same image, so the transitions will seem a video , for example, going from dawn to night. The style of a movie stop motion...

Thank you for share!!!!

• Like 3

Great work!!!... Maybe we could edit the same image, so the transitions will seem a video , for example, going from dawn to night. The style of a movie stop motion...

Thank you for share!!!!

Yes that's a great concept! , this would be a good starting point to make a really cool time lapse scene :D
  • Like 1

I love it...  I Downloaded some pic's , converted them and also renamed them.

I put them in the "Backgrounds" folder with my other Background pic's...

But where do I put the  "backgroundsildeshow.xzp" file???

I thinkk I put it in the wrong place becuse it isn't doing the slide show...

Also do I have to delete the other Background pic's that are in the folder???

I love it...  I Downloaded some pic's , converted them and also renamed them.

I put them in the "Backgrounds" folder with my other Background pic's...

But where do I put the  "backgroundsildeshow.xzp" file???

I thinkk I put it in the wrong place becuse it isn't doing the slide show...

Also do I have to delete the other Background pic's that are in the folder???

backgroundsildeshow.xzp goes in your "Skins" folder , then you must select that skin in the skin menu (Press B "view" , scroll to "skin" tab, press "change" , select the skin you want , "restart" Aurora from the "system" menu )

And no you should not have to delete any other background pictures you have to use this as the picture names have to be specific for them to read properly

hope that helps :)

• Like 3

backgroundsildeshow.xzp goes in your "Skins" folder , then you must select that skin in the skin menu (Press B "view" , scroll to "skin" tab, press "change" , select the skin you want , "restart" Aurora from the "system" menu )

And no you should not have to delete any other background pictures you have to use this as the picture names have to be specific for them to read properly

hope that helps :)

Thank You... That did It... Now I have a Gears of War Slide Show on my RGH'd GoW Console...

AWESOME!!!

• Like 1

Once again the skin champ brings out something new.. Lol I'd pick it apart, but I'm out of the skin game ;-) as I have RL stuff..

• Like 1

Once again the skin champ brings out something new.. Lol I'd pick it apart, but I'm out of the skin game ;-) as I have RL stuff..

Haha, no doubt........ I do have 2 questions tho.  Does this kill the 'animated backgroud'?  A couple of the pics i have you could really see the animation (smoke), but now there is no animation effect. 

Also when using my own BGs....when it cycles from the last pic to the first, it flashes up the 2nd BG for a second (not a big deal, just wondering if im the only one.)

Did i do something wrong, am I the only one?  Do i need to move the bg scene to the bottom if adding to my skin (I have it in the same place you do, right above the default background).  LoL..... Thanks, this is awesome!!

Haha, no doubt........ I do have 2 questions tho.  Does this kill the 'animated backgroud'?  A couple of the pics i have you could really see the animation (smoke), but now there is no animation effect. 

Also when using my own BGs....when it cycles from the last pic to the first, it flashes up the 2nd BG for a second (not a big deal, just wondering if im the only one.)

Did i do something wrong, am I the only one?  Do i need to move the bg scene to the bottom if adding to my skin (I have it in the same place you do, right above the default background).  LoL..... Thanks, this is awesome!!

This won't work with the default background, which is why he's putting on top, that covers the background and puts this in it's place ;)

• Like 2

OIC...ok so the animation is in the original background scene (so the default bg is used)........thanks for this info, and i fixed it!!! 

Thanks begallegal1 for this and Swizzy (for the info)!

Edited by 2Ceedz
  • Like 1

Which settings ? which codes or text?

Ok, if you mean the white/green splash (loading) screen:

1. Extract Skin (.xzp)

2. Open Aurora_Loading.xur with Xui Tool (In the extracted .xzp folder).

3. Edit desired background.

4. Repack (recreate) .xzp file.

5. Transfer to Aurora/skins folder on box, Enjoy!!

OR you can download this one I made for you, JIC you dont know skinning. (just the one in the OP with your pic during boot):

backgroundSlideshow.xzp(unpacked).zip

• Like 1

Hitting homeruns begal!!! Very nice job. I would be interested in more backgrounds if you ever release it. :)

• Like 1

I didn't take the time to even check till you mentioned it, but yes is does seem to kill off the animated bkg.

and I did get that weird flash of another image one time during testing, when my default background was set to an image that was not in my slideshow I noticed it. During each transition there is a point where both "old" and "new" image are at 50% opacity, this allows the default set background show through for a split second, I will likely pack updated versions of this skin w/out the default image to avoid this issue unless the user has a set image then of course they will have to clear the setting for optimal results with the slideshow.

as a note to this initial version I will add in the OP that it is recommended for your "default" set background image to be a gradient or other neutral type image.

Hitting homeruns begal!!! Very nice job. I would be interested in more backgrounds if you ever release it. :)

thank you kindly, good to see you :) made a 10 slide version for ya quick, will keep adding until/unless it starts to cause any issues due the large length of frames (10 slides = 6000 frames) 

Added 10 slide version to OP! ;)

for anyone interested in my next skin project here's a tiny sneak peek :p

http://gyazo.com/6bdeee3d29471bc2f8c152cf1c3962c4

• Like 2

I didn't take the time to even check till you mentioned it, but yes is does seem to kill off the animated bkg.

and I did get that weird flash of another image one time during testing, when my default background was set to an image that was not in my slideshow I noticed it. During each transition there is a point where both "old" and "new" image are at 50% opacity, this allows the default set background show through for a split second, I will likely pack updated versions of this skin w/out the default image to avoid this issue unless the user has a set image then of course they will have to clear the setting for optimal results with the slideshow.

as a note to this initial version I will add in the OP that it is recommended for your "default" set background image to be a gradient or other neutral type image.

Added 10 slide version to OP! ;)

for anyone interested in my next skin project here's a tiny sneak peek :p

http://gyazo.com/6bdeee3d29471bc2f8c152cf1c3962c4

Awesome!!! I fixed the Animated BG...thought i was stupid for not getting it the first time.  Just move your scene into the bg scene, above the original bg...then animation works with your slideshow.....will play with the loop of the first image to see if i can fix, make sure my default is one in the scene or not set.

10 slides? Now i need more pics, LoL!  Skin looking good!!! Thanks!!!

• Like 1

Awesome!!! I fixed the Animated BG...thought i was stupid for not getting it the first time.  Just move your scene into the bg scene, above the original bg...then animation works with your slideshow.....will play with the loop of the first image to see if i can fix, make sure my default is one in the scene or not set.

10 slides? Now i need more pics, LoL!  Skin looking good!!! Thanks!!!

Awesome, if you don't mind I would like to implement that fix , credits will be given of course.  Very nice to have others toying with this stuff to get things like that corrected, as I have said in a few of my threads on these concept skins , i'm not spending loads of time on each for various reasons, though I should have thought enough to fix that one, but didn't think much about it as I was using images that would not really benefit from it, so that goes back to it's very nice to have others input, thanks ;)

Np m8, no creds needed..i just thank you for sharing your great ideas with us!!  Thanks m8! 

• Like 1

Ok m8, maybe i did something, but just noticed this.  when you move your scene into the 'wallpaper' scene, it 'fixes' the animation, but.....ive just noticed when the pics transition, there is a faint square or line showing through the transitioning pics.  I swear i didnt see this til last night, but upon trying to fix..it seems i cannot.  Does anyone else have this issue?  If you dont move the scene, the transitions are smooth, with no lines/boxes showing...but once i move to 'fix' the animations, i get 'bleed through'....i guess.  Dont know where its coming from, as nothing is ''there'' in the main.xur.  I'll keep playing, but if someone could help me confirm, it'd be appreciated!!

Ok m8, maybe i did something, but just noticed this.  when you move your scene into the 'wallpaper' scene, it 'fixes' the animation, but.....ive just noticed when the pics transition, there is a faint square or line showing through the transitioning pics.  I swear i didnt see this til last night, but upon trying to fix..it seems i cannot.  Does anyone else have this issue?  If you dont move the scene, the transitions are smooth, with no lines/boxes showing...but once i move to 'fix' the animations, i get 'bleed through'....i guess.  Dont know where its coming from, as nothing is ''there'' in the main.xur.  I'll keep playing, but if someone could help me confirm, it'd be appreciated!!

Ok, i kinda figured it out, but have NO clue how to fix...... ;-( Im super-n00b.  When you move the 'slides' scene into the bg/wallpaper scene....and upon transitioning pics.....the 'black bar' im seeing is above the pic......took awhile for me to see the faded images below the 'black bar/box' as my CF is there.  Ive tried every basic thing i can think of to fix, as it works fine as long as its not in the 'wallpaper/bg' scene.  When previewing and reviewing through Xui Tool, everything looks to transition fine.  Maybe someone with more experience can help.......Just seems weird that it works fine until moved.. (and im seeing nothing for me to edit to move/resize.....not that i can tell its doing it until on my machine.) 

I'd really like for both these elements to work together in my skin, the slideshow working with animations on pics.  I guess its not a deal breaker, but was hoping someone could help me figure this out..........

Thanks!!