RealModScene
felida

[Tutorial] HUD modification

They're in the Plugins\ folder... don't remember exact path, but... they're NOT part of the Aurora skin at all, they're part of the FSD Plugin

Okay thanks Swizzy

Thanks XUIWorkshop working now without errors :)

And my onther question is what File i must be Open for Modding HUD??

Is it Hudscene from extractet Skin??or what exactly??

You are looking for a bunch of .xur files in the plugins dir of aurora.

• Like 1

You are looking for a bunch of .xur files in the plugins dir of aurora.

You mean this files?

post-26634-0-53618300-1461256876_thumb.png

when i try open the files come a error

post-26634-0-41221600-1461257038_thumb.png

You open them with XUI Tool, save as XUI, then you can load them with XUI Workshop

Sent from my SM-G903F

You open them with XUI Tool, save as XUI, then you can load them with XUI Workshop

Sent from my SM-G903F

That is backwards, you open them with XUI Workshop, and save them as XUI, then edit them with XUI tool....

As for the problem at hand...

I dont remember exactly, but I think the extension files on XUI workshop app have to be loaded in the correct order for it to work. The extensions for xui workshop work, mine are for xui tool. if I remember correctly. it has been a long time since I worked on this project, and even then I only did it, because no one could figure it out.

because opening the HomeTabSignedIn.xui says xui tool does not respond and freezes?
sorry for my english (translator)

3 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

did you add my XUItool extensions?

if you download them from this tutorial, look at the tutorial, do not know if it is some specification of the pc?

4 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I believe felida included my version in this tutorial. It has been a long time since I worked on this, or even thought about it.

You have an edited note in original post lol.. but yeah been forever since I've touched skin stuff myself haha

On 6/3/2015 at 11:04 PM, felida said:

Hello, I try to translate novaHomeTabSignedIn and novaHomeTabSignedOut into Spanish but I can not go from xui to xur, in the video it does not show that process, only how it is edited.
I'm sorry for my English

novaHomeTabSignedIn.xui

novaHomeTabSignedOut.xui

38 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Intenta usar el taller XUI para crear los archivos XUR.

I convert it to .xur through Xuitool but when I pass them to the HDD they are not recognized, I verify if the file is not damaged and when I open it with XuiWorkshop it generates an error, I think I'm doing something wrong but I can not find the solution yet.

1 hour ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Are you using the extensions at the beginning of this thread?

1.png.1569fdcd25bda772c492cff94cb1c74a.png

2.png.b58c501ca513b6824a674c4a9d2289b3.png

3.thumb.png.bc727f9689dd6e3f02bd91584141e426.png

Until this part I thought I had done it correctly, but in the end when they go to Hdd '' Aurora \ Plugins \ HudScene '' is not recognized for the xbox, after this I come to the conclusion that something I'm doing wrong ... .

4.png.6a80fe043361e02145287ae3382ee6fe.png5.png.9b675a2e737c6730789633a802add7dc.png6.png.f0bca7006032adfac0be4e8f128dfdc2.png

After passing the file to .xur it is damaged and it is impossible to give it the correct use.
I hope to have given to understand and I am sorry if I am not writing correctly, thank you very much for the support. :)

On 5/14/2018 at 12:01 AM, VictorELDios said:

1.png.1569fdcd25bda772c492cff94cb1c74a.png

2.png.b58c501ca513b6824a674c4a9d2289b3.png

3.thumb.png.bc727f9689dd6e3f02bd91584141e426.png

Until this part I thought I had done it correctly, but in the end when they go to Hdd '' Aurora \ Plugins \ HudScene '' is not recognized for the xbox, after this I come to the conclusion that something I'm doing wrong ... .

4.png.6a80fe043361e02145287ae3382ee6fe.png5.png.9b675a2e737c6730789633a802add7dc.png6.png.f0bca7006032adfac0be4e8f128dfdc2.png

After passing the file to .xur it is damaged and it is impossible to give it the correct use.
I hope to have given to understand and I am sorry if I am not writing correctly, thank you very much for the support. :)

I tested and everything went well here.

How about the new HUD into Aurora 0.7b i have an error at try it to open files.

I have used Xui Workshop and it open the files propertly if i save it as .xur then UI Tools opens fine but marks some dependencies missing inside some parts of the hud.

I have tryed attatched files to add it into UI Tools but do not fix the problem, i have tryed libraries inside Xui Workshop and same error happens.

At the end i have decided to ask in here if some one knows how to edit HUD Aurora 0.7b files to not broke anything, i have seen all tutorials and i think i miss something in the proccess or any, i want to know about this or if is an OS problem i use Windows 10 PRO. All other tools works fine and i have shared the translation i make (i have some errors inside the proccess due bad files compilation of the tools shared into threads, but i use Aurora 0.7b so i think many things are changed this time).

I have opened some files in the past to modify the HUD and all goes fine following tutorials due all information is very clear.

Someone has tested the new HUD Files ? ( I mean Aurora 0.7b files)

Thanks @gavin_darkglider i have worked with it, the way i worked is via Xui Workshop the i save the contents as xui file and the i opened with XBox 360 SDK and it works and i have changed some parts and at the end i have exported binary files overwritten old ones. All seems to be ok.

The problem is when i run Aurora then all is seems to do not work and takes default M$ contents inside HUD instead the new ones modified by HUD Scene.

I have tryed to search with hex editor FD values and change it to BA as some video says to do and there are no references of that data, if i put original files all seems to be ok again, but if i load new modified files as i sad before all seems to be original parts and Reboot does a Restart same as restar and Xbox menu (First element) goes to M$ dashboard.

I will work more on it and if found a right way to make it works i'll let you know, thanks in advance bro :)

Have you tried converting the xur to xui, then rebuilding a new xur and testing that? It should be the same and work. if it doesnt, run a binary diff comparison on the 2 xur files, and find out what the differences are.

1 hour ago, Whiteneo said:

Thanks @gavin_darkglider i have worked with it, the way i worked is via Xui Workshop the i save the contents as xui file and the i opened with XBox 360 SDK and it works and i have changed some parts and at the end i have exported binary files overwritten old ones. All seems to be ok.

The problem is when i run Aurora then all is seems to do not work and takes default M$ contents inside HUD instead the new ones modified by HUD Scene.

I have tryed to search with hex editor FD values and change it to BA as some video says to do and there are no references of that data, if i put original files all seems to be ok again, but if i load new modified files as i sad before all seems to be original parts and Reboot does a Restart same as restar and Xbox menu (First element) goes to M$ dashboard.

I will work more on it and if found a right way to make it works i'll let you know, thanks in advance bro :)

the reason why it does not work when testing in your xbox is because you should not use accents above the letters

@gavin_darkglider Yes i have compared the three files with hex editor, but now i have compared with a binary editor at first glance i see headers are different one besides another.

I have attached an image with file comparision with first and second files, The second one is original file and first one the compiled file, i try to do some other things now to see what is going on because it is weird i have worked in the past and all works fine :)

@Fabricio Messias De Godoi nope i have not uses special chars this time, only in translation and some files yeah, but not on sign in and sign out ones, the weird thing is that the popup menú is working fine do not show any error or crashes. I have reviewed the three files the first time and i see there are some differences.

Addittionally when you try it to open files with UI Tools from SDK it won't open the files, but if you save it with XUI Workshop then files can be opened by this both tools, then i have exported as binaries and there is the difference i think some headers or there must be new files to work with this new files, i have worked in the past with FS dashboard and all works fine, even i have used files with special chars and all works so fine.

Addittinally i have edited original aurora files and all works fine, the are some translation parts missing but all works fine, so i have readed more and see there is a translation tool so i have decided yesterday to make my own translation, i do it and share the files before i have tested into my aurora due some errors, but it was solved with upgraded tools to compile only, translation parts works fine anyways, only if you make a compilation with another tool even size is different i have seen a 254kb within the new one 298kb so that seems to be ok at first glance and yeahp it works.

I think that i need some new files to work with this files to make it works.

Anyway i will review deleting all files where i use special chars and only will change as the video Aurora home to Aurora home 123...

Thanks again and i am working on it :)

compare.png

Ok thanks to all now i have discovered how to solve the issue.

The problem was on file headers so i have decided to use another way to save the files so i have maded some tests and more to see what is going on in here.

1.- Download M$ xbox 360 development kit.

2.- Download XUI Workshop  (I have maded a new compilation that should work fine without errors nor changes to do).

So now i have the new HUD files from aurora 0.7b

Add the libraries to XUI Workshop and this same libraries to your UI Tools as this tutorial say)

Open the file with XUI Workshop and save it as xui file. (Original was xur)

Open this new xui file with UI Tools installed with M$ SDK. Modify the file at your owns and finally save it.

Now this new file can be opened by the two softwares (This is very important and the tricky one).

- At the first of all you can only open HUD files with XUI Workshop but not with UI Tools.

Next to do is open the file to use with XUI Tools, and save it as xur file.

- After this the files must be equal as the beginning, only canopen with XUI Tools, but not with UI Tools.

* If you save it with UI Tools as xur then this error happens, only this file can be opened by UI Tools but in XUI Tools it crashes and mark a window error like this

6.png

So if this happens when you set your files into your aurora it won't mark any error or anything but it won't be recognized :)

So at this point you have your correct saved files and have to work if you follow this quick tutorial :)

I've seen with another aurora versions the same happens due some quick tests i make.

Finally i wish to thank all phoenix team and this forum to make this space to share some information.

My next aportation must be a new skin for Aurora 0.7b but this next one will take me some time to do due i have no free time this next days but i will try to work on next weekend :)

On 6/2/2015 at 7:17 AM, drnefarious said:

76a27781fe9de35ac43e8f31b46487d2.png

Administrativo:

8a1cea2cb4fef66699920495a49fd4c6.png

d350d6bd30e89728f84d1a61cc5eb31b.png

Guardado y reiniciar pc

this was my solution, when saving, an export window appears to binaries and it is saved as .xur and this can no longer be opened with XuiTools but with XuiWorkshop, greetings!