RealModScene
felida

[Tutorial] Skin Tutorial

i've decided to make a 7:30 min long video explaining certain things, to help those creating skins. as my other posts just tackled minor things.

Changing loading screen:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5378-changing-the-loading-screen/

Why so many frames?:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5379-why-there-are-alot-of-frames-in-the-skins/

Thanks to Swizzy, Gavin_darkglider, Team Phoenix, and everyone else who has helped!!! and begal for his tut on animating BG's..

the stuff i type in cmdprompt is: xuipkg /r /o <skinname>.xzp *.*

Now the major Tut:

• Like 13

Dont forget to thank skin master begal. :)

found it.. sorry lol updated op

Dont forget to thank skin master begal. :)

Not sure I even come close to qualifying for "master" LOL ,, everyday I learn more and more that reminds me im still a noob :p

Nice job on these tut's felida ;) 

• Like 3

Not sure I even come close to qualifying for "master" LOL ,, everyday I learn more and more that reminds me im still a noob :p

Nice job on these tut's felida  ;)

You have made more skins then anyone I know of for the xbox, which makes you a master in my book. :) Take the compliment and like it. lol. :)

• Like 4

Nice job on these tut's felida  ;)

thanks m8.. no problem in that.. as it was a learning experience in doing them too!! lol

Thanks for the helpful video! Will help those grasp the basics!

no problem man.. figured this was easier as Swizzy suggest i document stuff for other people to see.. not every technique.. but pretty much covers the basics..

• Like 2

Thank you sooo much for these vids!!! Will help us n00bs out alot, and keep the pm's down.  Thanks!!

Thank you sooo much for these vids!!! Will help us n00bs out alot, and keep the pm's down. Thanks!!

People can pm me, I'll just send em to here, I'm out of the "skin game".. But you're welcome

• Like 1

and where do we got tools for it???

You need xzptool from this site to extract the base skin..

Then you need to edit this extracted skin to your liking and in order to do that you need to have XDK which you can find on www.google.com

Then when you have finished editing the skin you need to repack/rebuild the skin using xzptool.

Then in between many other softwares may be used depending upon your editing requirements ...

• Like 1

Hi there.

I'm just trying to change the loading screen in XUI tool. I know how to insert my new image, size it, etc., set the keyframes, but they don't stay set. I export as binary, but when I reload, my keyframes are blank again.

Any ideas, guys?

(Sorry for the x-post, but  the "changing the loading screen" thread has been dead for more than a year.)

Hi there.

I'm just trying to change the loading screen in XUI tool. I know how to insert my new image, size it, etc., set the keyframes, but they don't stay set. I export as binary, but when I reload, my keyframes are blank again.

Any ideas, guys?

(Sorry for the x-post, but the "changing the loading screen" thread has been dead for more than a year.)

I can use teamviewer to help.. but yeah other option would be to see a video of what you mean

I can use teamviewer to help.. but yeah other option would be to see a video of what you mean

Okay, I'll find a screen recorder and go through it step by step. 

Thanks for the help.

Okay, I'll find a screen recorder and go through it step by step.

Thanks for the help.

My ez video is free.. and can upload to youtube for ya as well http://ezvid.com

Here's my video. I started from Step Zero - unpacking the .xzp file. I hope you can see what I'm doing. More than that, I hope you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I feel like an idiot.

https://youtu.be/_7pSZvHg2BQ

I can't figure out how to embed it either... maybe I need to use raw BBcode, but anyway... there's my video.

Thanks for the help. You rock.

Here's my video. I started from Step Zero - unpacking the .xzp file. I hope you can see what I'm doing. More than that, I hope you can tell me what I'm doing wrong. I feel like an idiot.

https://youtu.be/_7pSZvHg2BQ

I can't figure out how to embed it either... maybe I need to use raw BBcode, but anyway... there's my video.

Thanks for the help. You rock.

i am unable to re-create your error mate.. maybe the version of xdk you got has bugs in it??

EDIT: as for the youtube thing, if it is the actual www.youtube.com/.... address.. it will automatically bring in the video, the short links aren't supported like that

• Like 3

i am unable to re-create your error mate.. maybe the version of xdk you got has bugs in it??

Damn. Ah well. I'll search around for a newer/different version of the XDK. It's not like I've got anything better to do - ha!

Thanks for trying, anyway.