RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
felida

[Tutorial] WHY there are ALOT of frames in the skins

So you change for every frame the picture. I dont know why we have several frames there in the animation. There is no transition effect i guess.

Here is your answer ;-) and to show everyone why ;-) @Swizzy here is your "documentation" you suggested ;-)

• Like 7

If there are questions, lemme know, i'll pop out another video to show why/the process.. can't wait to see what y'all produce and share ;-)

can you upload the modified file please?

same stuff is in my 3 skins man, just kind of redundant to post something i've done posted 3 times??? darkened green has the animated logo intro, my darkened red has an animated BG on main screen, feel free to pick them apart!!! and of course, all 3 have the music in em too ;-)

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5335-skin-darkened-red/

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5332-skin-darkened-green/

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5320-skin-darkened-blue/

• Like 1

I understand those green frame boxes better now. Pretty slick to see in action like that. Watched your other video just before this (newer one I think) and it said to delete the xui before packaging. I thought if you extracted first then exported binary you didn't get a xui, only the xur. Anyways, thanks for sharing love learning how to tweak things to my liking.

I understand those green frame boxes better now. Pretty slick to see in action like that. Watched your other video just before this (newer one I think) and it said to delete the xui before packaging. I thought if you extracted first then exported binary you didn't get a xui, only the xur. Anyways, thanks for sharing love learning how to tweak things to my liking.

Yeah, if you only do export binary or whatever, you only get XUR... if you "save" you get XUI's aswell, the XUI files are useless for the skin itself, once compiled (XUR == compiled XUI)

you should watch the actual 7 minute video, explains ALOT more, unless you already watched that lol.. but yeah i made these 2 small ones to explain a lil bit.. then decided, to make the longer one

• Like 2

Yeah, saw that. Great tutorial! Had trouble seeing what you were typing in the cmd prompt, so that's why I figured it might be easier to to export binary. I'm still learning everyday, so videos like these are GOLD for me, lolz

• Like 1

Yeah, saw that. Great tutorial! Had trouble seeing what you were typing in the cmd prompt, so that's why I figured it might be easier to to export binary. I'm still learning everyday, so videos like these are GOLD for me, lolz

i typed "xuipkg /r /o text.xzp *.*" as exporting won't pack it up.. but just gives you the .xur that is used in the skin

"test.xzp" is the filename of the skin ;-)

and you can thank SWIZZY for that, as i forgot which thread i seen it on, and yeah m8.. i learned all my skin stuff in 1 day, but i learn by trial and error..

to extract the skin, you type "xuipkg /u <skinname>.xzp" for example "xuipkg /u default.xzp" will extract the default skin

• Like 3

Ah, OK. Thanks for that.

NP, all you have to do is ask m8!

i typed "xuipkg /r /o text.xzp *.*" as exporting won't pack it up.. but just gives you the .xur that is used in the skin

"test.xzp" is the filename of the skin ;-)

and you can thank SWIZZY for that, as i forgot which thread i seen it on, and yeah m8.. i learned all my skin stuff in 1 day, but i learn by trial and error..

to extract the skin, you type "xuipkg /u <skinname>.xzp" for example "xuipkg /u default.xzp" will extract the default skin

There's a graphical tool to do so aswell, i might make a open source xzp packer/unpacker, it's a very simple format :p

The XZP code is already completed: https://github.com/Swizzy/XuiTools/blob/master/XuiTools/XuiPkg.cs just need to make a frontend really :p

• Like 3

There's a graphical tool to do so aswell, i might make a open source xzp packer/unpacker, it's a very simple format :p

true.. the xzp tool.. but that allows you to keep the xui in the skin.. which apparently isn't an intended function, hence why i made the suggestion in my video, to delete it ;-)  holy shit you're fast.. i quoted you, you pop it out... lmao

Nice, ive been using xzp tool, and seems to be working fine for packing & extracting.........

Nice, ive been using xzp tool, and seems to be working fine for packing & extracting.........

Yeah, it doesn't really matter which one you go for...