RealModScene
felida

[Tutorial] Changing the Loading Screen

Hello, there have been plenty of questions as to how to change stuff in the skins for Aurora, so i figured i'd make a small video explaining the process(in a small way). ps- im no video guy/tut maker, just thought i'd share ;-)

• Like 5

So you change for every frame the picture. I dont know why we have several frames there in the animation. There is no transition effect i guess.

• Like 1

So you change for every frame the picture. I dont know why we have several frames there in the animation. There is no transition effect i guess.

there isn't, but you CAN add it ;-) maybe i'll make a video showing how to do that next??

• Like 2

Can I replace the original Aurora Loading Screen Image with a custom one? I had a custom screen set up in FSD 3. Like replacing splash screen or splash.dds? 

Also which format should the image be?

What should be the resolution?

Which tool to edit?

I know to extract from XZP tools...any other software needed?

Thanx in advance...

it needs to be PNG and 1280x720

There's nothing more to it then just replacing the image in the xzp...

that is the "easiest" way.. but that would replace the image in the "about tab" also..

Best way to do it would be to set it to a different picture in XUItool..

make sure to get all 4 frames(or 2 if not using the "alt logo") and set the image in "imagepath"

4zxfsm.jpg

• Like 1

What exactly is the name of the file that I need to replace, after I have extracted the Aurora Skin.xzp ?

Is it "Aurora_Loading.XUR" ?

post-43024-0-13786300-1436625783_thumb.png

What exactly is the name of the file that I need to replace, after I have extracted the Aurora Skin.xzp ?

Is it "Aurora_Loading.XUR" ?

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

you open loading.xur.. and look at my picture here that i posted..

• Like 1

that is the "easiest" way.. but that would replace the image in the "about tab" also..

make sure to get all 4 frames(or 2 if not using the "alt logo") and set the image in "imagepath"

4zxfsm.jpg

Bro, the severe problem with XUI Tools is it cant load XUR file....

post-43024-0-77645500-1436627124_thumb.png

Otherwise, I would have definately used XUI Tools...

What do you mean by this bro, "but that would replace the image in the "about tab" also.." ?

Which about tab bro?

Bro, the severe problem with XUI Tools is it cant load XUR file....

attachicon.gif2.png

it CAN load xur files...

Swizzy, plz clarify; do i need to extract skin by xzp tools first or not. If yes, then which particular file should i replace....?

Thanx... appreciate you support buddy...

I if i want to put it as loading screen...(Ofcourse after resizing)...

I should replace it with which file in the skin folder...?post-43024-0-27723900-1436628754_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

But my software is not loading them...

Plz share a link; so that i can have a fresh download...

Thanx

You need the XDK for full functionality... the XDK isn't legal to share... so, you'll get no links from here... sorry...

• Like 1

Its OK buddy; actually thankyou for pointing out in right direction...

So XDK is like downloadable content; after installing it in my PC, XUI Tool will work properly; right?

4zxfsm.jpg

Sorry for bothering you repeatedly, but Bro I am planning to make a tutorials for changing custom loading screen (Only background Image; no logo) and for Fakeamin; which include converting the format of any video to specific and information about the appropriate software used. So that all other users on Moddscene; will face no problem and you guys will have to worry 2 topics less. lolz. Just want to play my part...

So felida, if I just want a simple image file (PNG format and 1280x720) as loading screem; so i choose 2 frames and just set image path, and then save; thats all right?

Just one more little thing, is there ant way to change the font, size, color, position of the text which is displayed at the bottom of the page on the Loading Screen of Aurora...?

You need the XDK for full functionality... the XDK isn't legal to share... so, you'll get no links from here... sorry...

Ok bro... just tell me what is XDK, it full form and what version or update should I find on net; I mean what am I searching for on internet?

So felida, if I just want a simple image file (PNG format and 1280x720) as loading screem; so i choose 2 frames and just set image path, and then save; thats all right?

Just one more little thing, is there ant way to change the font, size, color, position of the text which is displayed at the bottom of the page on the Loading Screen of Aurora...?

You select all 4 frames and make the change...

Yes, you select the text and make your changes :)

Ok bro... just tell me what is XDK, it full form and what version or update should I find on net; I mean what am I searching for on internet?

the XDK is also known as "Xbox 360 Software Development Kit", or "Xbox 360 SDK", basically... it's what the game developers use to make games, it contains all tools needed specifically for Xbox 360

• Like 1

font is changed in the skin.xml.. color is changed in a different part.. position of the text is changed when you click the "loadingstatustext" a bar will show up and you can move the position

• Like 1

Any Help plz...

are you trying to make your joker as the loading screen?? be sure to move it into the skin folders "images".. you can't have it outside of the structure.. otherwise it will not work

for example:

Default\Images\(put your file here)

in relation to your video.. it would be "Default.xzp(unpacked)\Images"

• Like 1

Hi guys.

I realize this is a long-dead topic, but I need some help.

My keyframes won't stay set. I put in my new image, size it, change it's layer order, set all 4 keyframes, save as binary... success... but when I reload it, my keyframes are no longer set. My image is still there, but the keyframe boxes are blank.

WTF is going on?

I hope someone still has alerts set for this topic. I know it's been a long time.

-Dito

(ps: first post, long-time reader and admirer of the work that happens here.)