RealModScene
Swizzy

Aurora Asset Editor v1.1 Released

all dll's are in folder, I even ran from rar file just to be sure and it says I have C++ 2010 redistributable package already installed. I tried turning off antivirus/firewall but still no joy. surely it wouldn't be the fact that I'm using x64 windows?

You need to have the x86 version of the C++ Redist, even if you have x64 windows...

Other then the possible causes i mentioned it could also be directx 9 needing to be installed: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Download/details.aspx?id=34429

If it's still not working, i have no idea what the error is, as it doesn't really say anything about it, perhaps looking in the system logs will yield a better answer

You need to have the x86 version of the C++ Redist, even if you have x64 windows...

Other then the possible causes i mentioned it could also be directx 9 needing to be installed: http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/Download/details.aspx?id=34429

If it's still not working, i have no idea what the error is, as it doesn't really say anything about it, perhaps looking in the system logs will yield a better answer

yeah, it has me baffled too. installing x86 version of the C++ Redist didn't help either. I'll leave it and maybe someone else might have same problem and come across a solution. but thanks for what looks like a good tool

EDIT: forgot to mention the first version of the tool works fine. but I guess that's due to fact it doesn't have as much features

2nd EDIT: I got it solved by installing .NET framework 4.5 Hope this helps someone in future

• Like 2

Aurora Asset Editor not working for me. I have downloaded the latest version. When I import the Game Cover asset file from the aurora database via ftp and open by the Asset Editor, it wont show up the original cover. However, when i chose a new cover and save the asset file and copy it back to the right folder, the game case turns total black. My new cover does not show up. Plz help...

I have tried both versions of Aurora Asset Editor: not working...

Aurora Asset Editor not working for me. I have downloaded the latest version. When I import the Game Cover asset file from the aurora database via ftp and open by the Asset Editor, it wont show up the original cover. However, when i chose a new cover and save the asset file and copy it back to the right folder, the game case turns total black. My new cover does not show up. Plz help...

I have tried both versions of Aurora Asset Editor: not working...

Do you have DirectX9 Installed? do you have C++ 2010 Redistributable x86 installed? these are required for it to be able to read/write the actual data

• Like 1

Great tool - Is there some way to find which directory in the Data folder (e.g. 00000000_000000A7) a specific game's assets are in, or do I need to check all 1000+ one at a time?

The first number corresponds to the TitleID, the second is the DatabaseID, using this tool you can (using FTP) get a list of all games in your DB

It this project active?

I've started to make some updates.

I used FSD with gadabama, for quite time now, but it is time for Aurora. When using FSD i was using gadabama for local assets update and it worked well, but sometimes gadabama was a pain in the ass, to a degree that it even won't start at all. I even had some question here on forum about editing FSD database to add games without even connecting the xbox HDD to console, to first update the db and then updating assets using gadabama.

So i was pleased that Aurora Asset Editor is in c# and open source, i can do any modification i want. Really thx for this project.

My goal is now the same functionality as with gadabama, local, fast, click and forget, mass game assets update from online data, on pc from local data on xbox connected disk. (assets and database update) FTP is not an option for me, to many hassle.

So for now i have made a fork, the only one, so you can find it simply.

My goal is to add the local functionality + some neat simple additions, for now there is new local asset tab, that reads the content.db from disk, saving window size, chosen online data source, locale settings etc.

Soon the local tab will be able to do one click update all games asset at once. The goal is to make gadabama like gui for game asset edit/preview, not just table, and also update the db with description or title edit.

Most of the code is copy paste from original project with my modifications, i tend to keep the original source modification to as low as possible, but sometimes there are things tightly integrated with some functionality like FTP or xbox market data downloading, so i just modify as low lines as i can, this is better than coping the whole function just to change one line.

Maybe we could make a pull request in future. Thats it for now.

It this project active?

I've started to make some updates.

I used FSD with gadabama, for quite time now, but it is time for Aurora. When using FSD i was using gadabama for local assets update and it worked well, but sometimes gadabama was a pain in the ass, to a degree that it even won't start at all. I even had some question here on forum about editing FSD database to add games without even connecting the xbox HDD to console, to first update the db and then updating assets using gadabama.

So i was pleased that Aurora Asset Editor is in c# and open source, i can do any modification i want. Really thx for this project.

My goal is now the same functionality as with gadabama, local, fast, click and forget, mass game assets update from online data, on pc from local data on xbox connected disk. (assets and database update) FTP is not an option for me, to many hassle.

So for now i have made a fork, the only one, so you can find it simply.

My goal is to add the local functionality + some neat simple additions, for now there is new local asset tab, that reads the content.db from disk, saving window size, chosen online data source, locale settings etc.

Soon the local tab will be able to do one click update all games asset at once. The goal is to make gadabama like gui for game asset edit/preview, not just table, and also update the db with description or title edit.

Most of the code is copy paste from original project with my modifications, i tend to keep the original source modification to as low as possible, but sometimes there are things tightly integrated with some functionality like FTP or xbox market data downloading, so i just modify as low lines as i can, this is better than coping the whole function just to change one line.

Maybe we could make a pull request in future. Thats it for now.

I haven't worked on this project for a couple of months, i did start working on a new project for Database Editing tho, it just got a little bit boring to deal with that and i got other things to do, so i put that project aside

I'm happy that someone decided to improve it/add things to it :) feel free to make a pull request when you feel like you've finished something you'd like to sharing with the rest of the world

Ok, thx for the support, i really appreciate.

To be honest, i don't think full database editing is needed, just the basic stuff, title and description, so when i add it, then it would be only that fields.

Adding new game fully offline on hdd only is a bit tricky, as i would need to get somehow more info, like title id, media id etc. without using Aurora scan first, but i will deal with it later.

Having a problem connecting everytime I click Test Connection I get a Timed Out, Aurora is running I can connect via flashfxp, so I know the connection is there.

Running windows 10

Having a problem connecting everytime I click Test Connection I get a Timed Out, Aurora is running I can connect via flashfxp, so I know the connection is there.

Running windows 10

Make sure your firewall isn't blocking the application

Looks like a great tool! Thanks!

I'm connected to the xbox 360 - when I click on "test connection" I get: "connection to aurora revision 1025 established..."

But when I click on "get available assets", the tool is working ("please wait...." etc.) but then I get: "there was an error, check error.log for more information..."

In the log there's something about "System.Data.SQLite.dll". What is that?

Thanks!

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out - I needed Microsoft Visual C++

• Like 1

friends only problem the application does not leave open if not connected to the internet, at least I will not open if I connect to the internet greetings

solo un problema amigos la aplicacion no deja abrir si no se esta conectado a internet, al menos a mi no me abre si no la conecto a internet saludos

friends only problem the application does not leave open if not connected to the internet, at least I will not open if I connect to the internet greetings

solo un problema amigos la aplicacion no deja abrir si no se esta conectado a internet, al menos a mi no me abre si no la conecto a internet saludos

It should run as long as you have DirectX 9.0c, Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable aswell as .NET 2.0 (or was it 4.0? can't remember which target i used for this one) the dll's that are in the rar are required for it to work, if you don't have them it'll not function...

Perhaps there's a problem with the way it grabs the Xbox Locales? i think i fixed that tho... maybe i did that in the version i didn't release in compiled form yet?

Yeah, I don't think it was ever compiled and released. Last time we spoke about it gavin was willing to compile it for me, but I passed since it was only a minor inconvenience.

Hello again friends as they bothering again as well and installed the net fram 4 all updates also DirectX 9.0c, Visual C ++ 2010 Redistributable x86 and nothing if the PC is not connected to the Internet does not open the application. fram 2 clarify the net I could not install because I have windows 7

Sin%20t%C3%ADtulo.png

Hello again friends as they bothering again as well and installed the net fram 4 all updates also DirectX 9.0c, Visual C ++ 2010 Redistributable x86 and nothing if the PC is not connected to the Internet does not open the application. fram 2 clarify the net I could not install because I have windows 7

Yeah, I just disconnected my network adapter and it crashes the app on my Win10 Virtual Machine. It looks like Swizzy fixed this about 7 months ago, but that version has not been compiled and released yet. If you want to try compiling it yourself, check his github page. Otherwise you will have to wait for him to release the new version.

edit: I tried to compile it, but got an error that I don't know how to get past, lolz. 

Screen%20Shot%202016-01-14%20at%205.15.4

Hi, i get this error:

System.Net.FtpClient.FtpCommandException: Connection interrupted
   en System.Net.FtpClient.FtpClient.CloseDataStream(FtpDataStream stream)
   en System.Net.FtpClient.FtpDataStream.Close()
   en System.Net.FtpClient.FtpSocketStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   en System.Net.FtpClient.FtpDataStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
   en AuroraAssetEditor.Classes.FtpOperations.DownloadContentDb(String path)
   en AuroraAssetEditor.Controls.FtpAssetsControl.<GetAssetsClick>b__13(Object o, DoWorkEventArgs args)

Anyone know something about it?

It means something interrupted the FTP connection, probably your firewall/antivirus, possibly you were using Wifi and for whatever reason it lost the connection briefly

Thanks for this!  My question is what is the proper size/dimensions for the cover image?  I tried to make one & it keeps getting cut off on the left side.