RealModScene
Swizzy

Aurora Asset Editor v1.1 Released

A Little over a week ago i released Aurora Asset Editor v1.0, now i'm back with a new version for you, the new version features FTP support aswell as the ability to load/convert FSD's .assets to Aurora, i also added support for grabbing assets from xbox.com and xboxunity.net same as Aurora does (when it comes to images atleast)

If you need information on how this application works, check the original release thread: http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5282-aurora-asset-editor-a-graphical-editor-for-auroras-asset-files/ for more information

Here's a changelog of what has changed since v1.0:

v1.1

+ Added support for reading FSD Assets file(s) and converting to Aurora assets - Thanks for updating the dll to read dds MaesterRowen

also thanks for helping me with the structure of these files, without you this app wouldn't have existed!

+ Added saving all assets in one go - Thanks for the suggestion felida!

+ Added support for downloading Assets from xbox.com and/or Xboxunity.net

+ Added an icon thanks to RAP7HOR

+ Moved all processing to a background thread and added a busy indicator to make the application not freeze and such...

+ Added FTP Support, you can now load/save your assets directly from your network using FTP (requires that you are actually running Aurora for it to work)

v1.0

+ Initial release

Here are some screenshots of the new features in action:

Search of xboxunity.net by Keywords (useful for homebrew):

post-1436-0-81510500-1431889686_thumb.pn

Search of xboxunity.net by TitleID:

post-1436-0-38491700-1431889689_thumb.pn

Search of xbox.com by TitleID:

post-1436-0-49069900-1431889691_thumb.pn

FTP Support:

post-1436-0-35616500-1431889693_thumb.pn

AuroraAssetEditor_v1.1.rar

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

dam that was a fast update. good work guys

Most of these features have been available during the week, for anyone that knows how to compile it that is (as it's open source and i've been uploading the new changes to the github repository as i went)

** edit: **

Also, the first version was more me wanting to throw it out there to see how the community would react, i didn't want to spend alot of time working on something that'd ultimately be trashed... i kinda already knew it was going to be a successful application as it's kind of been requested for some time already in various forms (well, not this application specifically but, something like it, or that 360 Content Manager/GaDaBaMa would be updated to support Aurora)

Seeing as there was alot of positive feedback for the first version, and i was bored, i decided to build some of the stuff that i had planned earlier, i also decided to follow some of the suggestions people had made :) There's also no point in holding it back once it's done, now is there? ;)

Edited by Swizzy
  • Like 7

Does this give you the opportunity to rename the game as CALL OF DUTY@ to Call Of Duty with out all the caps

Does this give you the opportunity to rename the game as CALL OF DUTY@ to Call Of Duty with out all the caps

Nope, this doesn't handle the database at all, it's still all about the assets (covers, screenshots, banners, icons, backgrounds etc. etc.)

Ok, so it does handle the database in that it reads it for the FTP support, in order to help you identify the title you're editing... other then that, there's nothing for the Database in this...

Ok thanks for reply swizzy and great work to all involved. :-)

Ok thanks for reply swizzy and great work to all involved. :-)

I have plans for an application that will let you edit the Database aswell tho, meaning, you'll be able to change the Title of games, you'll be able to change the description and everything else that's worth changing :)

• Like 4

Yeah, Swizzy and I were chatting about how to implement this feature last night, I sent him the code behind the cheat manager to show him how I implemented the DB stuff. :)

• Like 1

you're the best Swizzy!! many look forward to the next version  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks!!! Updated my .db last night... save ALOT of time getting pics...great update m8!! Thanks!! 

• Like 2

friend who is not passed this version does not work me in aurora 5b also review the previous Might be what happens

amigo no se que pasa no me funciona esta version en aurora 5b tampoco la anterior podrias revisar haber que es lo que pasa

friend who is not passed this version does not work me in aurora 5b also review the previous Might be what happens

amigo no se que pasa no me funciona esta version en aurora 5b tampoco la anterior podrias revisar haber que es lo que pasa

Can you tell me what you're trying to do that doesn't work? do you have any error messages or a error.log file?

I cannot help you unless i know where the problem is, for me it works perfectly fine with 0.5b

• Like 1

I miss the perfect cover as I always do the 4 files when step aurora is not I get the cover me is the cover the same without caratula've tried several games and the same is not passing me up had I take a tutorial in the previous version of the program and it worked perfect now I do not work any of the two or neither this nor previous version

espanish: he echo un cover perfecto como siempre hago los 4 archivos cuando los paso a aurora resulta que no me sale el cover me queda el cover igual sin caratula he probado con varios juegos y lo mismo no se que pasa yo hasta habia echo un tutorial  en la version anterior del programa y funcionaba perfecto ahora resulta que no me funciona ninguno de los 2 ni la version anterior ni esta tampoco

• Like 1

Wierd, Are you saving? it works fine for me here... try using the FTP feature?

Just got a chance to try this out yesterday. Works great, I was able to put banners and backgrounds on all my original xbox games (I had already edited the db to include synopsis). The only things I noticed were that there seems to be a timeout that happens if you leave the app for a while or when you first start it. By that, I mean that I have to click get all assets twice, the first click fails. The other thing I noticed is that it's kind of a pain to have to type in all the TitleID and the DatabaseID when saving assets to FTP. Those are by no means show stoppers, as the application works just fine, it's just something I noticed that slowed down the workflow. 

Thank you all for your work on this app, it amazes me what you can do.

Just got a chance to try this out yesterday. Works great, I was able to put banners and backgrounds on all my original xbox games (I had already edited the db to include synopsis). The only things I noticed were that there seems to be a timeout that happens if you leave the app for a while or when you first start it. By that, I mean that I have to click get all assets twice, the first click fails. The other thing I noticed is that it's kind of a pain to have to type in all the TitleID and the DatabaseID when saving assets to FTP. Those are by no means show stoppers, as the application works just fine, it's just something I noticed that slowed down the workflow. 

Thank you all for your work on this app, it amazes me what you can do.

You do realize that you can in the FTP menu get a list of all your games (which are stored in your Database), select the one you want to change, then grab the Assets, change your covers etc. etc. and do the opposite thing (upload new stuff) all without having to type in anything, the one under "File" is more of a Manual override... it was what i first put in there, didn't remove it... as i figured, maybe someone will use it for something? xD

About the timeout i don't know what's going on there, you should be getting a error.log or so when the process fails, this file contains the errors that occurred, it'd be great if you could send me this file, or just it's contents...

Yes, I was using Get Available Assets to bring in the full list, But I had missed the save assets section that was available when you right click a title. I was instead going to the file menu and clicking save all assets to ftp. Thank you for pointing that out Swizzy. 

Here is the error log that was produced:  error.log