RealModScene
Relentless

How do I install Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition Multi disk?

Hi Guys,

How do I install Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition Multi disk (2 disk total)?

It appears disk swap doesn't work and it requires you to install one of the DVD's but it didn't work.

If possible can you provide the file path as well? 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

How do I install Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition Multi disk (2 disk total)?

It appears disk swap doesn't work and it requires you to install one of the DVD's but it didn't work.

If possible can you provide the file path as well? 

Thanks in advance!

Use xboximgbrowser to open the ISO of the install disc, the go into the Content\0000000000000000\ folder, extract that to PC, use content manger to transfer as it will upload to XBOX with CORRECT folder structure!!!

and dont forget to get the TU also!!

Hi Felida,

Thanks for responding.  What I've done was extract all the files from both DVD's onto computer.  Entire DVD1 was copied onto my xbox and DVD2 was copied to my xbox using xbox content manager seeing that DVD2 appeared to contain all the DLC's and TU's.  However, when I go to launch the game I get the following Game Error:

"The game couldn't start.  Try downloading the game again.  For more help, visit www.xbox.com/support".

I also scanned DVD1 using xbox content manager to see if there were any missing DLC's and what have you that I might have missed but it just appeared to only have the the actual main game files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Do it the manual way, what you did clearly isn't correct, that error message basically means that one or more file(s) is either missing or corrupt, it could also be related to the kernel you're running (make sure you're using 17150)

Woot n/m, I got it working!  I apparently I had the main game folder named "DAOUE" which caused the error so I decided to try and change the name to "Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition" and BAM!  it worked - yay!  thanks for the help everyone!

Hi Again guys,

Okay so the game DOES work HOWEVER, I'm having issues with the DLC's now.  Error msg I get is "The following downloadable content is corrupt and cannot be used.  Please re-download and try again:

(Unknown downloadable content)

I googled this and saw the following links/discussions about this problem mentioning to redownload the content and using digital rights manager to migrate the files (?) but I'm not sure how to go about fixing it on a RGH xbox:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/343065-dlc-is-corruptwhen-offline/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950918-dragon-age-origins/53903404

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

If you are using ftp to copy the dlc, make sure to set the ftp client to binary transfer mode, as the default ASCII will fail and corrupt the data every time. :(

hrmmm...  I didn't see where to select binary transfer protocol in my ftp program (I'm using Transmit for Mac).  So I ended up straight copying the files to external USB drive, connecting it to my xbox and transferring via FSD.  Unfortunately I got the same results.  HOWEVER, I decided to double check the TU to make sure I was using the latest one and lo' and behold - BAM I got it working wooot!  Latest is TU7.  Thanks again for your help everyone!

Hello, can you please post the link from where you downloaded the latest Title Update as xbuc.net is down for maintenance.

xboxunity.net.. or through aurora 

Hi Again guys,

Okay so the game DOES work HOWEVER, I'm having issues with the DLC's now.  Error msg I get is "The following downloadable content is corrupt and cannot be used.  Please re-download and try again:

I googled this and saw the following links/discussions about this problem mentioning to redownload the content and using digital rights manager to migrate the files (?) but I'm not sure how to go about fixing it on a RGH xbox:

http://forum.bioware.com/topic/343065-dlc-is-corruptwhen-offline/

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/950918-dragon-age-origins/53903404

Any ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Hello you guys. Did you ever get this corrupted dlc not working in aurora fixed?

Im having the same problem but it works just fine in freestyle dash?

Ive played thro the main game maybe a year ago in freestyle dash and a couple of the short dlcs

without a problem.

was just going to play thro awakening dlc when i found this corrupt dlc problem in aurora.

anyways i'll use freestyle dash to play thro this dlc. but if you can let us know how to fix it

if you got it fixed.

On 5/17/2015 at 8:15 PM, Relentless said:

hrmmm...  I didn't see where to select binary transfer protocol in my ftp program (I'm using Transmit for Mac).  So I ended up straight copying the files to external USB drive, connecting it to my xbox and transferring via FSD.  Unfortunately I got the same results.  HOWEVER, I decided to double check the TU to make sure I was using the latest one and lo' and behold - BAM I got it working wooot!  Latest is TU7.  Thanks again for your help everyone!

I would really appreciate help with this issue as well ! I'm sure i may have made an error with my paths and where i actually put the content : Some quick info -I'm using aurora 0.6b and i have the latest kernel and TU7 for the game already enabled. Included are pictures from my disk 1 and 2 folders showing the extracted content:

DISK 1:9127c3eee69b2f98d3707f10ec93604d.png

DISK 2:f18523c1f592edda40e045d5000dc75d.png

- When i first installed this i put disk 1 in my games folder as it contains all the base game files ,etc. As i usually do with other games I ONLY EXTRACTED THE CONTENT FILES FROM DISK 2 and copied that to my content folder. Both on my internal HDD.

The game ran smooth and perfect but the problem was NONE of the DLC showed up in Auroras Details menu for the game, and the game menus showed no active dlc either.

That's when i came across this post and saw that the OP was right about disk 2 actually containing all the DLC and thus my current issue. Where to install these files exactly?

-This is my path for the content folder in Neighborhood :

844224a9fba9f388543939482f5bc2a1.png

EDIT: All DLC are unlocked

63173513080418c58ed3a921427e1c4b.png

2 hours ago, truvessel said:

I would really appreciate help with this issue as well ! I'm sure i may have made an error with my paths and where i actually put the content : Some quick info -I'm using aurora 0.6b and i have the latest kernel and TU7 for the game already enabled. Included are pictures from my disk 1 and 2 folders showing the extracted content:

DISK 1:9127c3eee69b2f98d3707f10ec93604d.png

DISK 2:f18523c1f592edda40e045d5000dc75d.png

- When i first installed this i put disk 1 in my games folder as it contains all the base game files ,etc. As i usually do with other games I ONLY EXTRACTED THE CONTENT FILES FROM DISK 2 and copied that to my content folder. Both on my internal HDD.

The game ran smooth and perfect but the problem was NONE of the DLC showed up in Auroras Details menu for the game, and the game menus showed no active dlc either.

That's when i came across this post and saw that the OP was right about disk 2 actually containing all the DLC and thus my current issue. Where to install these files exactly?

-This is my path for the content folder in Neighborhood :

844224a9fba9f388543939482f5bc2a1.png

EDIT: All DLC are unlocked

63173513080418c58ed3a921427e1c4b.png

Use 360 content manager to transfer your stuff.. and fyi, reason your dlc isn't showing? Is because it is in the wrong location.. 

Hdd:/content/(16 0's)/titleID/offerID/

Is where stuff gets installed.. 360 content manager will tell you this as well.. 

Your problem is simply just user error.. period

37 minutes ago, felida said:

Use 360 content manager to transfer your stuff.. and fyi, reason your dlc isn't showing? Is because it is in the wrong location.. 

Hdd:/content/(16 0's)/titleID/offerID/

Is where stuff gets installed.. 360 content manager will tell you this as well.. 

Your problem is simply just user error.. period

Ok but in the picture provided I show exactly where the dlc is.....which is exactly where you said it should be... Hdd:/content/0000000000000000/FFED2000/FFFFFFFF

Also 360 content manager doesn't connect with my xbox just gives me an error code :530 when I try to test my IP 

3 hours ago, truvessel said:

Ok but in the picture provided I show exactly where the dlc is.....which is exactly where you said it should be... Hdd:/content/0000000000000000/FFED2000/FFFFFFFF

Also 360 content manager doesn't connect with my xbox just gives me an error code :530 when I try to test my IP 

Hdd:/content/0000000000000000/FFED2000/FFFFFFFF

Is not the damn install directory.. ffed200 is not the game id.. if u load the dlc in 360 content manager, it has the install path in the lower right hand corner....

8 hours ago, felida said:

Hdd:/content/0000000000000000/FFED2000/FFFFFFFF

Is not the damn install directory.. ffed200 is not the game id.. if u load the dlc in 360 content manager, it has the install path in the lower right hand corner....

I don't get why you're replying if you're not willing to be of some help without being a dick. No one knows everything so get off your high horse, and I've already explained my issue with the content manager....tf is your issue

5 hours ago, truvessel said:

I don't get why you're replying if you're not willing to be of some help without being a dick. No one knows everything so get off your high horse, and I've already explained my issue with the content manager....tf is your issue

The fuck is your issue? I told you how to find  the correct location.. and you still dont wanna fucking do it.. use a damn usb to move it to pc.. or just copy it straight from xb neighborhood.. then load it in the program.. you will not be spoon fed answers.. 

9 minutes ago, felida said:

The fuck is your issue? I told you how to find  the correct location.. and you still dont wanna fucking do it.. use a damn usb to move it to pc.. or just copy it straight from xb neighborhood.. then load it in the program.. you will not be spoon fed answers.. 

My issue is your attitude , lol spoon fed answers?  if im asking a question i obviously expect an answer lol whether youre willing to give it or not. anyways its already been fixed so you can go be a jerk elsewhere

3 hours ago, truvessel said:

My issue is your attitude , lol spoon fed answers?  if im asking a question i obviously expect an answer lol whether youre willing to give it or not. anyways its already been fixed so you can go be a jerk elsewhere

You obviously won't get an answer.. hence why no one else replied fucknutz.. I gave you the correct answer the 1st time.. you failed to follow the instructions given, and bitched about how you can't ftp using content manager.. none of which is needed to find the correct install location.. so act all high and mighty all you want.. fucking keyboard warriors are funny to me.. 

1 hour ago, felida said:

You obviously won't get an answer.. hence why no one else replied fucknutz.. I gave you the correct answer the 1st time.. you failed to follow the instructions given, and bitched about how you can't ftp using content manager.. none of which is needed to find the correct install location.. so act all high and mighty all you want.. fucking keyboard warriors are funny to me.. 

lol I'm the keyboard warrior yet you're the one spazzing and continuing a dead conversation, grow up child

Essentially, you need to find the TitleID of the game, then you need to place the DLC in the correct offer folder which is 00000002 if i remember things correctly

xbox 360 manager won't work in aurora as it doesn't support SMB yet so you need to have FSD loaded in order to get xbox 360 manager working.  I keep a super slimmed down version of FSD on my machines just for the sole purpose of using xbox 360 manager.  Make sure you have content scanning disabled on FSD since you won't need it.

17 hours ago, Relentless said:

xbox 360 manager won't work in aurora as it doesn't support SMB yet so you need to have FSD loaded in order to get xbox 360 manager working.  I keep a super slimmed down version of FSD on my machines just for the sole purpose of using xbox 360 manager.  Make sure you have content scanning disabled on FSD since you won't need it.

360 content manager will too work with aurora.. i use it all the time.. just looking thru hdd won't work like with fsd.. even the creator of the program said it works fully besides that 1 feature.. you just got to either change default pass/user in aurora.. or enable advanced settings in the program, and change ftp settings there.. 

18 hours ago, Relentless said:

Ahhh...... okay, good to know!  I'll have to try that out.  I mainly keep FSD around for the purpose of being able to see the game file paths etc in xbox 360 manager.

24 minutes ago, Relentless said:

Ahhh...... okay, good to know!  I'll have to try that out.  I mainly keep FSD around for the purpose of being able to see the game file paths etc in xbox 360 manager.

Game paths are easily found in aurora.. its apart of the subtitle options.. when you press Y on a game, the section that says "last played" can be changed to install location, media id, title id, ect.