RealModScene
gavin_darkglider

Aurora plugin patches

Since alot of people have been asking about this, and no one could seem to figure it out, which I understand, after having to fight with xui tool, xui work shop, a hex editor, and a binary Diff comparison program, I am proud to present the first aurora theme for the Freestyle Plugin.

Note, all this does is change the text of Freestyle Home to Aurora Home, and change the Icon from the freestyle icon to the Aurora icon.

I am working on a better Icon, and it will change when I upload the new file to dropbox, but I am not happy with it at the moment. :(

All you have to do is copy and paste all files as is in the rar to your xbox at Game:\Plugins\Hudscene this will replace 3 files, and now your hud will respect the fact that you are running aurora.

@MaesterRowen Feel free to include these files in the next release of aurora if Nova isnt ready by then. :)

Enjoy :)

Check out Begal's Modifications, this was more of a proof of concept, showing off my hard work, Begal has taken it to a whole new level. :)http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5384-enjoy-aurora-get-this-custom-hud-theme-and-make-a-post-to-help-support-the-phoenix-dev-team/

Also Thanks to Felida for making videos to instruct all the other future theme makers on how to do this, and they can be found here, along with my modified XML extensions for XUI Tool. http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5382-hud-modification/

Hud Scene_aurora.rar

Edited by gavin_darkglider
Uploaded the rar to the forum, and added links to better work, and instruction videos :)
  • Like 15

Felida just told me about this, i came running!!!!! Im on this one!! That was gonna be my next project, thanks for taking care of it, as from what you say, i would have NEVER figured it out...LoL.

• Like 1

Yeah, it took me a few days, and multiple posts between me and MaesterRowen, and Swizzy(Asked him before MaesterRowen replied.), before I decided to run a binary diff comparison between the original xur file, and the version of the original i converted to xui, and back to binary xur, to realize that there were 4 byte differences between the files, and then once I looked at it closer, I realized what exactly was holding it up, and stopping it from loading. It was trying to write a non existant character on the screen, instead of the degree symbol in the temperatures. I am not overly satisfied with the icon, as it lacks definition when the Aurora Home button is hovered on, but if you want to adjust that, I will add it to the rar file. That is the png file that is included, and I figure anyone can make that. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, it took me a few days, and multiple posts between me and MaesterRowen, and Swizzy(Asked him before MaesterRowen replied.), before I decided to run a binary diff comparison between the original xur file, and the version of the original i converted to xui, and back to binary xur, to realize that there were 4 byte differences between the files, and then once I looked at it closer, I realized what exactly was holding it up, and stopping it from loading. It was trying to write a non existant character on the screen, instead of the degree symbol in the temperatures. I am not overly satisfied with the icon, as it lacks definition when the Aurora Home button is hovered on, but if you want to adjust that, I will add it to the rar file. That is the png file that is included, and I figure anyone can make that. :)

GOOD FUCKING JOB m8.. lol.. but you already know more shit than me.. so  :clap:

• Like 1

Haha, you both got me trumped!!! ;-P  ... but i LOVE it!!!!!  had to look for the icon...lmao... never really paid attention to that.  If all it is is a png...we can edit if it bugs us m8, no worries...you did the hard part!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Actually, Now that I know what I am looking at, it isnt that hard, and I have some modified XML extension files, that I hacked together that work for me for XUI tool, Dont know how that would effect creating the binary file, as I didnt use xui tool to adjust the text, I used notepad++, as xui is actually an xml file itself, and xur is the binary representation of the same file. The difference between the XUR file xui tool and the xur file that xui workshop export are different, as one is like XUR5, and the the other is XUR8.

• Like 2

There is the source code. You may debug the xui writer to find the bug.

I Could, but it isnt my app, and I dont really want to. I documented fixes, or what worked for me, and added my patches to the xuitool extensions to the op of the XUI workshop, release thread. The one with the download. I also filled in Begal, and Felida on how I pulled it off, with more detailed instructions, Just in case they want to see if they can Create custom themes. Then again, the controls for the Xam stuff, really dont have many options, as far as images, and color go. You could add sound FX, but that is about it. :(

So, I know I'm new here, but I decided to contribute a bit where I could. Here is a better (in my opinion) "ico_32x_main_f3home.png."

a1f7c650a2.png

This one is white when hovered and the NXE blue when not. It definitely completes the look a bit better.

Not trying to belittle your patch, as I personally love it; just wanted to do what I can to help everyone out.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

That looks good, I would add it to the download, but swizzy uploaded it to the forum, and I dont know how to do that. :( I had it on dropbox, so when I had a decent icon, it would be easy, just update the rar, and the next person who downloaded it would get the new icon. Also, I didnt really care much about the icon, it was more a proof of concept, that I managed to get XUI workshop to work, As anyone can change the image easily, as they are not in an xzp like normal themes for Aurora/FSD/Etc. :) Also I figure if MaesterRowen adds the XUR patches to the next version of aurora(Assuming Nova isnt ready by then), Then he would probably just add the icon that will be used by nova. :)

That looks good, I would add it to the download, but swizzy uploaded it to the forum, and I dont know how to do that. :( I had it on dropbox, so when I had a decent icon, it would be easy, just update the rar, and the next person who downloaded it would get the new icon. Also, I didnt really care much about the icon, it was more a proof of concept, that I managed to get XUI workshop to work, As anyone can change the image easily, as they are not in an xzp like normal themes for Aurora/FSD/Etc. :) Also I figure if MaesterRowen adds the XUR patches to the next version of aurora(Assuming Nova isnt ready by then), Then he would probably just add the icon that will be used by nova. :)

It's super easy, edit your post, then go to "Full Editor", and attach the new file to the thread =)

• Like 1

my dream come true :smiling:

this will make me wait peacefully for nova plugin.

thank you gavin.

Begal has made some other nice modifications, you should check them out, they can be found here. I just laid the groundwork so to speak. :)

Links for this, and felida's video tutorials on how to do this are in the op. :)

• Like 1

I made two new icons: a Phoenix one and a bolder "A" for Aurora :D

You should pass those on to begal, so they will probably get used. I did this as a proof of concept, and because all the people who couldnt figure it out. :( Cant say i blame them, as it took me 3 days to figure out what the issue was, and fix the XML files for xuitool. I am done with this project. Feel free to use this as a starting point for your own HUD Modifications, but I could care less about skins, that isnt my thing, my thing is figuring out the puzzle. lol. I dont care if something is pretty, I like the mental challenge involved, and now that that is done, I am honestly bored with it. lol.

• Like 1

I made two new icons: a Phoenix one and a bolder "A" for Aurora :D

you could use those for your own mod m8.. 

I made those two icons for people who just pass lurking over here and wants to rename the "Freestyle Home" to "Aurora Home" with some cool icons

But I fucked up the colors and I'm too lazy to fix it, so whatever lol

• Like 1

I made those two icons for people who just pass lurking over here and wants to rename the "Freestyle Home" to "Aurora Home" with some cool icons

But I fucked up the colors and I'm too lazy to fix it, so whatever lol

Lmao I hear that

that file is saved styles skin?

No you replace the files in the Aurora>>Plugins>>HudScene folder.....if that is what you are asking.....was in the OP. ;-)