RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
yxbox

Xbox 360 RGH Dashboard downgrade 17150 to 14699

as the title says, how can i downgrade the dashboard version??? is it possible? is it

• Like 1

You can do so using hacked kernel, but not retail kernel...

I'm guessing you want to downgrade to use RGH1? that's not possible :/

The way to do that is by just rebuilding the nand and writing it... there's nothing more to it... however, retail checks fuses and such, and bootloaders must match with kernel version etc. that's why you cannot downgrade a retail back to 14699, you can go back within it's valid "range" tho on retail also

Please programs how to return to the values 17150 to 14699

It's the same software as you use to build 17150... there's no difference... you really need to learn to read, or even to explore software... there's a choice of kernel to build... make use of it!

This Programs dl_xeBuild_GUI Back 17150 to 14699

Read what i said one more time, don't rush things, or you'll brick the console...

Google r-jtop. It will solve all of your boot issues, and all you have to do is wire for rgh1, move post out from post out 1 to post out 0, and install 2 diodes and a bridge. you will also have to build your own timing files, but the source is free. :) You can adjust it to work on any phat console, it might take some trial and error, but it will take you from 5 minute boots to instaboot. :), but then again if you read the second link in my sig like I suggested, you would know this, and I wouldnt have to spoonfeed you information. :(

Google r-jtop. It will solve all of your boot issues, and all you have to do is wire for rgh1, move post out from post out 1 to post out 0, and install 2 diodes and a bridge. you will also have to build your own timing files, but the source is free. :) You can adjust it to work on any phat console, it might take some trial and error, but it will take you from 5 minute boots to instaboot. :), but then again if you read the second link in my sig like I suggested, you would know this, and I wouldnt have to spoonfeed you information. :(

No, you want to use RGH 1.2, not R-JTOP, R-JTOP is like R-JTAG and doesn't come pre-compiled

I like r-jtag personally, and with rgh1.2, there is a bunch of different timing files, and I think that would be more confusing then compiling the 1, and changing a couple of numbers to get the absolute best boot times for the console, but then again with this guy, it might be better to suggest rgh1.2. lol as I am sure that would be to difficult for him to manage.

I like r-jtag personally, and with rgh1.2, there is a bunch of different timing files, and I think that would be more confusing then compiling the 1, and changing a couple of numbers to get the absolute best boot times for the console, but then again with this guy, it might be better to suggest rgh1.2. lol as I am sure that would be to difficult for him to manage.

Just because you and i know how to compile stuff, and how to change code without breaking it doesn't mean everyone does, that's why i suggest pre-compiled stuff over stuff you gotta compile yourself...

• Like 1

Yeah in that sense you are right. lol. R-Jtop opens up more possibilitys for system type though, as you can use it on xenons to zephyrs, and all you really have to change is 2 numbers for when to start glitch, and how long to apply glitch, and the left comments in right above the lines. So I wouldnt think it would be overly hard for a noob to figure out. Maybe, I will compile a r-jtop package, with a bunch of possible timing solutions. I dont have an extra console to test on, and see no point in removing the R-Jtag chip I spent like 50$ on the day it hit the stores. lol. I hated rgh2 times, and upgraded as soon as it came out. I was probably 1 of the first to do so. lol.

• Like 1

I am going to try RGH1.2 as soon as a Matrix V3 chip arrives for my Jasper RGH2, it appears I just have to alter the wiring and program the chip (trying different files). Even if you use a CR4 XL you have to try many different dip settings for RGH2 and only a few lucky consoles instaboot. The R-Jtop seems good as well, I found the compiled xsvf timing files on another forum for that one and there is only one file to try per motherboard type.

If they work as well as I have seen it will save people a fortune using chips for less than $5.00 each as opposed to $40.00.

It cost me $51.00 for the CR4 XL chip and QSB's, which are a waste of money IMO.

• Like 2