RealModScene
klexkavark

Every reboot games disappear plus a few other problems.

Hi guys i seem to have the problem that i lose about 10 games on some restarts. Its always random. I have in my collection 1100 games mixed with Xbox Originals, Xbox 360 and XBLA. Like i said its random. Sometimes when aurora is starting up and scanning is shows my entire collection but then there are those times where it says i have 1090. I tried with both having auto scan enabled and disabled and it still happens with both options.

Another problem im having is with renaming my games. It wont save them all. For example i tried to rename all my call of dutys from 2 to 11 to keep them in order and when i restart it has its previous name like cod ghost and cod advance warfare and also some of my american games i did the dvd rip for using xex menu 1.2 it gave me the japanese name biohazard 6 and i tried to rename to resident evil 6 but when i restarted it changed back to bio. How do i make my custom names stick?

And my third and final problem is that some games are displaying more than once on the dashboard. I believe they are all multidisk games. I already did standard put install data disk on my contents/000000000000 folder in the internal hdd and put the play disk in external usb.  How do i make it only show the play disk?

• Like 1

the biohazard 6 thing.. was from an early rip of the game.. as far as the other problems, i dunno what to tell you(besides database corruption?)..

also.. if you've used NxE2GOD.. thats why they show up more than once.. unless they really are multi disk games..

and gavin informed me.. that Aurora DOES have a disc rip feature, just use file manager to copy the disc.. like you would copy anything else..

• Like 1

It sounds to me like whatever device you are running Aurora from isn't feeling to good... it's like it's forgetting about data and whatnot...

• Like 1

gavin informed me.. that Aurora DOES have a disc rip feature, just use file manager to copy the disc.. like you would copy anything else..

It isnt really a disc rip feature, but all the disc rip feature did in FSD was copy the disc to a directory, and remove the $SystemUpdate folder, which is for doing stock updates, so it isnt needed. I never understood why it didnt do that with the OG Xbox games, as those updates never had any use on the 360, and would still get copied. :)

It isnt really a disc rip feature, but all the disc rip feature did in FSD was copy the disc to a directory, and remove the $SystemUpdate folder, which is for doing stock updates, so it isnt needed. I never understood why it didnt do that with the OG Xbox games, as those updates never had any use on the 360, and would still get copied. :)

It's exactly what XEXMenu's rip function does aswell, except it doesn't grab the title from the game nor does it skip anything...

It sounds to me like whatever device you are running Aurora from isn't feeling to good... it's like it's forgetting about data and whatnot...

Im running aurora from my internal 2tb hdd. I used to have FSD before Aurora maybe thats the problem? Because when i hit the guide button to get back to aurora it still shows fsd even though i set aurora to default in dashlaunch.

@felida - How do i fix database corruption?

Im running aurora from my internal 2tb hdd. I used to have FSD before Aurora maybe thats the problem? Because when i hit the guide button to get back to aurora it still shows fsd even though i set aurora to default in dashlaunch.

to clean out your DB.. start with a fresh copy of Aurora.. and re-scan your content directory?? and the "HUD" will say Freestyle home, until NOVA is released

and FSD before nova means nothing.. as they are separate folders.. i still have FSD on mine, Aurora .4b in another and Aurora.5 in another.. as im testing stuff for swizz and whatnot.. but get you a FRESH aurora folder.. and rescan your games.. and see if that helps

I would hook the HDD to a computer and check it's health status using something like Crystal Disk Info

• Like 1

I do have this issue, i got the game which is COD DVD1 & DVD2 in 2 different folder.

i Rename it as Call of Duty Disk 1 & Call of Duty Disk 2, if i power off my power point and start it, both file name back to the COD.

if i never power off the console, then the rename will stay with it.

Beside this, the games cover need to download again in the same situation.

What should i do?

It seems most people only got up to 50 games at most on theyr harddrive. I am one of those that have 1200 games + on my harddrives (2x 2tb + 500gb internal)

I can totally relate to the issues this person have. Random games dissapear at startup,random changes in Aurora regarding renaming and cover++ reset (and yeah,its totally random) No scan is automated on startup.

My thoughts was also to swap the harddrives,and i did that 2 times. The Harddrives are now just a week old now,and the problems will not go away. It seems to me like Aurora cant handle very large libraries. If i reduce my library to 100 games it will stay rock solid consistent. 300 games,it will fuck up from time to time,but not often. 500 games and over its all over the place. At least it will be missing 1 game pr session. But very often up to 10 games is not uncommon. They are all visible in file manager,and they can all be played just fine from there. Its just the visuals Aurora cant handle.

This do not happen i FSD for me,.just Aurora. My default boot is Aurora (0.6b) I also prefer Aurora,because it is simplyfied and looks better IMO. I know it will be hard to believe for you that dont get these problems,but like i said: i bet you guys dont have the same size library in there.

If you do: i would be very interested to know what kind of xbox you are running (what mods) and what types of harddrives you have. I have tried all from the Xbox official 2tb drives from Seagate to WD,Toshiba and Samsung disks. The disks have all been in good shape. 

My Xbox is an old phat Jasper with JTAG mod. Latest dash,dashlaunch.

Some theories and more input will be welcome to this issue.

My aurora library is over 650 games/apps, not sure exactly, as I changed my DB settings to hide multidisc on the show all filter, and I never have this issue. WD 1tb internal hdd, Jasper with demon and R-JTAG. Issues like this usually appear due to a corruption in the aurora database. I wonder if it has issues with GPT partition tables, instead of MBR. Probably unlikely, but my fairly large library doesnt ever have any problems loading and leaving out or renaming games randomly. As far as FSD, I am surprised that you have 1200 games and it isnt crashing when loading the library. It doesnt handle large libraries that well, which is one of the things that is great about Aurora.

Yeah. FSD Crashes for me.I dont use it much though. But the library stay consistant in number of games.

Perhaps it is a USB port issue. I dont know if that ever have been an issue with a 360?

I doubt it, or the games on the USB hdd would show up as greyed out boxes, as if the drive wasnt plugged in. The games are still in the DB, but if it cant find the scan path it doesnt remove the box art, just disables the games, and they get greyed out. Might be because you have 2 usb hdds. I have never actually tried that.