RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
armantaleser

[Request] Aurora Script/s for Recents Played Games in QuickView

Hi everyone. I need a QuickView filter of a at least 10 recently played games and make it a default view?. Is it possible? sorry I know nothing about scripting. lol

Hi everyone. I need a QuickView filter of a at least 10 recently played games and make it a default view?. Is it possible? sorry I know nothing about scripting. lol

Isn't there a sorting script for the latest played? if not, i'll make one for you during the day...

It didn't show in Aurora and the release date script. what went wrong?

I updated it, try if it works now, if not i'll look closer at it with my console to test it a little later...

Swizzy another great script..that hopefully will be implemented by default (no hurry tho, know you all are busy.)  IF/when i get skin done (if for 5b, may i include this script?

Thanks again!!

I dont think you can add scripts/coverflow into the skin. If you can, I would love to know, as I am working on a skin right now, and I have a custom coverflow for it, that was made specifically for it. it makes all the box art tiny, and puts it way at the the bottom of the screen, as the bars at the bottom got moved to the top, and i want as much space inbetween for my overly complicated "Animation", I plan on putting together. Basically simulated sprite based gameplay on a loop, with explosion sounds and stuff as rockets explode, and screaming when the hero is killed. you will see, all the sounds and images are either coming from stuff I modified, or from one specific game. More on that later, if I can pull it off. :) I figure it will be difficult enough, as every character has 64 sprites, and like 6 sounds depending on what you are doing, and then there is the fact there has to be at least 2 people, hero and bad guy, which makes 128 and 12, and all those images need to be touched up, resized, etc.... it is a bit of a project. :) I just want to see if it can be done, with out creating objects, and scripting. It wont have any sort of pattern recognition, it will be more like a generated movie playing on a loop. probably wont update it past 0.5b though, I will pass it on to some one like begal to maintain, as I get bored if I do the same thing all the time. :(

• Like 1

I dont think you can add scripts/coverflow into the skin. If you can, I would love to know, as I am working on a skin right now, and I have a custom coverflow for it, that was made specifically for it. it makes all the box art tiny, and puts it way at the the bottom of the screen, as the bars at the bottom got moved to the top, and i want as much space inbetween for my overly complicated "Animation", I plan on putting together. Basically simulated sprite based gameplay on a loop, with explosion sounds and stuff as rockets explode, and screaming when the hero is killed. you will see, all the sounds and images are either coming from stuff I modified, or from one specific game. More on that later, if I can pull it off. :) I figure it will be difficult enough, as every character has 64 sprites, and like 6 sounds depending on what you are doing, and then there is the fact there has to be at least 2 people, hero and bad guy, which makes 128 and 12, and all those images need to be touched up, resized, etc.... it is a bit of a project. :) I just want to see if it can be done, with out creating objects, and scripting. It wont have any sort of pattern recognition, it will be more like a generated movie playing on a loop. probably wont update it past 0.5b though, I will pass it on to some one like begal to maintain, as I get bored if I do the same thing all the time. :(

WOOOOW, between you and Felida and Begal ....im such a SUPER NOOB again at skinning....LoL....   It sounds VERY cool, and with alot of features.  But your right, i dont see anyway *through* the default skin unless its in the content list.xui or whatever.

but doubt that...thats for looks only, right?

Begal i used to use alot of his, if i remember he helped me back then too.  Hes a great skinner...if he eventually starts fully skinning agin, he's kinda waiting on future releases, no?

Edited by 2Ceedz

I dont know if you could call me a great skinner, as I have never made a skin before, and I probably wont again. lol. I just figure with all the questions on here about how it is done, I should at least do 1, before I try to give advice. That, and I am one of those people, if I am going to do something, especially if I am going to do it to teach others, I want to do it as big/crazy as possible, so I know the limits. I honestly dont know that it will work in the way I am thinking, no reason that it shouldnt, as you could add a break every frame, or 2, and change the image. So you would only have like 3 or 4 image containers, all moving around 1 section of the screen, and changing the images in them based on the time line. the trick is getting the timeline, and the image transistions to look propper without being able to render a complete image in a different frame, then switch frames. This should be handled by aurora, so no worries there, but as I said timing for everything is key, and haveing to set up stops in the timeline every second is time consuming, and will be a pain to reproduce on how ever many versions of aurora there are, unless the skin.xur, and aurora_main.xur never change again, then it is a matter of adjusting everything else around that. Highly doubtful though. :(

• Like 1

Watch it man you make one your hooked highly addictive lol im starting to make an android themed skin with a bunch of icons n such from my note3 gonna be sick

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Is this script working? I went to Swizzy's Github page and copied and pasted the script into a blank text document, and then changed the extension to .lua, then FTP'd the file onto my RGH into the User Filters folder within Aurora. This is how I have implemented all the user scripts provided here in the past (thank you by the way). However, I can't seem to get this one to work.

Hi guys,

Is this script working? I went to Swizzy's Github page and copied and pasted the script into a blank text document, and then changed the extension to .lua, then FTP'd the file onto my RGH into the User Filters folder within Aurora. This is how I have implemented all the user scripts provided here in the past (thank you by the way). However, I can't seem to get this one to work.

Does it sort incorrectly or does it not show up at all?

Does it sort incorrectly or does it not show up at all?

Sorry, I should have been more specific, it doesn't show up at all.

Thank you for the reply

Working for me...at first i thought it didnt but after a reboot all was fine.  ;-) [will test again to make sure tho]

Sorry, I should have been more specific, it doesn't show up at all.

Thank you for the reply

Ok, i'll look into that, see what i did wrong this time >_>

** edit: **

Found a error in the script, put a ) in the wrong place xD hopefully it'll work now...

** edit2: **

It's working for me now, so... if it still don't show up for you, there's an error in your copy 'n' paste or something...

Edited by Swizzy

Thanks...was just testing...rebooting console and such, shows but didnt work (had mine set to recent activity, why i thought it was yours...redownloading now.  THANKS again!!!

• Like 1

still wont show in my Aurora. Please help me

Download the latest data, you can use this link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Swizzy/AuroraScripts/master/Media/Scripts/UserSorts/LastPlayed.lua Right click on it and use "Save As", then save it to your computer, this will make it be exactly like i have it... then you put it here:

/Aurora/Media/Scripts/UserSorts/

• Like 1

Download the latest data, you can use this link: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Swizzy/AuroraScripts/master/Media/Scripts/UserSorts/LastPlayed.lua Right click on it and use "Save As", then save it to your computer, this will make it be exactly like i have it... then you put it here:

/Aurora/Media/Scripts/UserSorts/

Oh man, I'm starting to feel silly for not being able to get this to work properly. I have the latest data from the above link, and I have the LastPlayed.lua file in the correct folder path from the above quote. "Last Played" is showing up under my "sorts" and it is selectable when building a new quick view. However, when I build the quick view with "Last Played" as the specified sort, it is showing me everything (Xbox 360, Classic, Arcade, Emulators, Homebrew, etc.), it's identical to "Show All" essentially. It's showing things I've never even played before. Should I be specifying filters along with the "Last Played" sort as well? and if so, which ones? I've never had trouble building my desired quick views prior to this.

I can make you a filter for that, sorting scripts are only to tell aurora which game to put first...

** Edit: **

What this filter will do is hide/show games you have played (based on the data in the database)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I can make you a filter for that, sorting scripts are only to tell aurora which game to put first...

What this filter will do is hide/show games you have played (based on the data in the database)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ok, I see now, so the "Last Played" sort script is going to show me everything no matter what, but pertaining to what I have played and when I have played it in relation to what I have not, depending on whether I have "ascending" or "descending" checked in the quick view.

I would appreciate you making that filter you mentioned, but at your convenience; no rush. thanks for the help!

Ok, I see now, so the "Last Played" sort script is going to show me everything no matter what, but pertaining to what I have played and when I have played it in relation to what I have not, depending on whether I have "ascending" or "descending" checked in the quick view.

I would appreciate you making that filter you mentioned, but at your convenience; no rush. thanks for the help!

I've created the filter, but i'm not 100% sure it works as expected, so, i'm setting up my Database again so i can do some tests to check =)

https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraScripts/blob/master/Media/Scripts/UserFilters/PlayedGames.lua here you go :)

• Like 1