Edit: figured out the title/buttons colors

also, how to add multiple backgrounds??

has something to do with this line:

<DEFAULTBKG>Images\Background\Aurora.Background.jpg</DEFAULTBKG>

but as to a 2nd 1 or 3rd??

or is it just not possible?

any help is appreciated..

• Like 1

Would love to help, but I dont do skins. :( Maybe one day I will look into it, but it isnt high on my priority list, especially with all the skinners already  out there.

Would love to help, but I dont do skins. :( Maybe one day I will look into it, but it isnt high on my priority list, especially with all the skinners already  out there.

well i;ve got it mostly done, then i found out about the animated backgrounds.. and my bro asked me if i could do up a holiday pack.. instead of having multiple skins.. figured it'd be easier to just have diff backgrounds to swap to.. and nothing i do to that line, adds another.. but all in all.. pretty easy to do.. was having fun learning how to do it tho lolol confusing at first.. but i've gotten it pretty down packed..  :ninja:

• Like 1

Yeah, I would figure it was a matter of changing the images, then the animation stuff, would be a bit more of a scripting thing. Maybe once I finish the cheat manager, or at least the FTP part, I will start on a project that will use the XDK tools to help automate the process, for people that just dont get it. :) It would still require them to have a copy of the XDK installed, but would handle putting the files together and generating the skins. :) That seems easy enough, I just have to pull apart the default skin, who knows when I finish the FTP part of my app, maybe I will add it to this new project also. :) I will probably need some help from more of the tallented skin developers, as I dont want to write my own animation scripts, and if they would allow it, I would probably include theirs, and a script editor, so people can see how they work, and go from there. :)

replied to your PM on this, I honestly have had little time to work on things with skins for aurora, but here is my long winded and probably non-sensible reply to the matter lol,,,i'll C&P it here for others to read if they are interested

sorry for slow reply, PC has been on the fritz for few days, my HDD's are old and dying like me :p LOL

Due to how the devs have made the added the "user friendly" wallpaper layer (adding pics to folder in app root) and how it's skinned one layer over the default bkg, I am pretty sure you cannot add more to that particular place your describing, in my animated demos ,I ended up intentionally removing the stock background and renaming the ID to "Background2" (my first layer of my bkg animation) so it would not interfere with anything, however so far (very little time so far to toy with skins) I have yet to take the time to see if there is a way to do this without breaking the entire user bkg function when adding things in the default bkg layer

I know that's probably a mess to read, Given no real "common language" to many things or terms in XUI sometimes describing things between people can become difficult, so if any of that is not understandable my apologies, and please let me know I will try to find other ways to describe what I mean ;)

kindest regards,

begal

I did make one skin that used a custom skin "visual" to put my animation where the original bkg was instead of just layering it all in the bkg area, this still seems to break the "user background" function ,, so as I said will toy with it more when time allows, or maybe someone from the dev team can confirm my ramblings here (if anyone understands the mess LOL)

• Like 3

yeah, i sent the PM a while after i set this thread up.. i've figured out the line, but anything besides the img file, breaks the BG all together.. the option to switch bg's is in theme's settings.. but havent figured out how to utilize that option.. unless it was left unfinished for the mean time..

yeah, i sent the PM a while after i set this thread up.. i've figured out the line, but anything besides the img file, breaks the BG all together.. the option to switch bg's is in theme's settings.. but havent figured out how to utilize that option.. unless it was left unfinished for the mean time..

It's handled by the underlying code in Aurora

• Like 3

Unless were talking about 2 dif things as for "settings"(if you mean in the xml or something) the background changer on the apps settings page will only read the 1 default background that is built into the skin (Images\Background\Aurora.Background.jpg), and any recurring images added to the "Aurora/Backgrounds" folder of your app, I believe Aurora is built this way from a programming standpoint and any additional files in the packed skin (.xzp) will not show up or removal of the built in image will break the switcher (as my animated themes do) http://gyazo.com/d38ba83850c9349d3cf8a626b9604efb

I am ok with this since some skins don't really need multiple bkgs, like with some animated stuff etc,, they gave us a better alternative to adding bkgs in the app root, as opposed to that old dash that you had to edit the snot out of your XML's to get your bkgs to show up with custom names etc,,example from old dash..

<backgroundlist>
<Background name="Skin Default">
<FILEPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\kinectblue_wallpaper.png</FILEPATH>
<PREVIEWPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\Previews\kinectblue_preview.png</PREVIEWPATH>
</Background>
<Background name="Adstract Blue">
<FILEPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\abstractblue.png</FILEPATH>
<PREVIEWPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\Previews\abstractbluepreview.png</PREVIEWPATH>
</Background>
<Background name="Abstract Cube">
<FILEPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\abstractcube.png</FILEPATH>
<PREVIEWPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\Previews\abstractcubepreview.png</PREVIEWPATH>
</Background>

Unless were talking about 2 dif things as for "settings"(if you mean in the xml or something) the background changer on the apps settings page will only read the 1 default background that is built into the skin (Images\Background\Aurora.Background.jpg), and any recurring images added to the "Aurora/Backgrounds" folder of your app, I believe Aurora is built this way from a programming standpoint and any additional files in the packed skin (.xzp) will not show up or removal of the built in image will break the switcher (as my animated themes do) http://gyazo.com/d38ba83850c9349d3cf8a626b9604efb

I am ok with this since some skins don't really need multiple bkgs, like with some animated stuff etc,, they gave us a better alternative to adding bkgs in the app root, as opposed to that old dash that you had to edit the snot out of your XML's to get your bkgs to show up with custom names etc,,example from old dash..

<backgroundlist>
<Background name="Skin Default">
<FILEPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\kinectblue_wallpaper.png</FILEPATH>
<PREVIEWPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\Previews\kinectblue_preview.png</PREVIEWPATH>
</Background>
<Background name="Adstract Blue">
<FILEPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\abstractblue.png</FILEPATH>
<PREVIEWPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\Previews\abstractbluepreview.png</PREVIEWPATH>
</Background>
<Background name="Abstract Cube">
<FILEPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\abstractcube.png</FILEPATH>
<PREVIEWPATH>Images\Backgrounds\Wallpapers\Previews\abstractcubepreview.png</PREVIEWPATH>
</Background>

nah, the recurring images dont show, as i have tried that, and the default background can be named anything you want, as long as you update the XML/main.xur,or just rename to default name ;-).. i've been playing with it.. and as far as i know.. there isnt a way to enable multiple backgrounds.. and as swizz said, its Aurora that handles that.. so.. lol.. i've changed most of the stuff(loading/background/colors).. img wise.. was gonna fiddle with the layouts and stuff like that.. as long as i dont fiddle with functions.. it shouldnt be too hard.. lol (but even after some practice, im pretty sure i can do those also)

but you touch the <defaultbkg> params.. it nix's out the background all together, except to change file name.. adding another line doesn't show/mess things up.. was just wondering if it was a simple <bkg2> parameter(function? dunno what to call em lol) or w.e..but i've had no luck lol

Here's what i've created, just as a test.. be weary of the loading screen, as it isnt for lil ones lmao

https://mega.co.nz/#!bNY0GaLQ!fCPhI05zJe6GBChoGSfCA6LTdutHUWo5JlYaEhTfvLk

but either way, multiple BG's isnt that much of an issue.. was just wondering if it was simple..

Edit: figured out the title/buttons colors

also, how to add multiple backgrounds??

has something to do with this line:

<DEFAULTBKG>Images\Background\Aurora.Background.jpg</DEFAULTBKG>

but as to a 2nd 1 or 3rd??

or is it just not possible?

any help is appreciated..

Excuse me, could you tell me how to change the button/title background colour please? I can't figure it out...

Excuse me, could you tell me how to change the button/title background colour please? I can't figure it out...

it is Xuicontrol_white/panel and XuiControl_grey/panel.. in Aurora_skin.xur

• Like 2

it is Xuicontrol_white/panel and XuiControl_grey/panel.. in Aurora_skin.xur

Thank you!:-)