RealModScene
gmarks

date and time issue on F3

HI guys,

Just a quick question. I recently did the 3 upgrades suggested by F3 for the new skins, plug-ins and I cant remember the other one. Download was fine and rebooted and installed the upgrades. Then a weird thing happened. A messages came out saying F3 crashed or something like that. As usual being a newbie, I panicked. Restarted it and the same message came out. Last resort, I turned everything off for a few minutes and lo and behold it started back up as usual. Slight difference in the start up but was ok.

Only thing now is I find that the time and date are all wrong. Shows something like 23rd November 2005 and of course the time is totally off. Is there anyway that I can rectify this? Don't know if I'm connected to the internet because this normally happens when i'm not. Could the upgrades have caused this?

Any suggestions is deeply appreciated.

Guys, by the way, great job man. And a great big thumbs up for all your efforts :D

Set the date and time through Console Settings using the Metro dashboard (hold RB as the console boots up).

Your console should automatically set the date and time when it detects an internet connection.

Ok, I can try that. But this is only happening after the updates. Previously I had no problems with the time and date. Just wondering if the updates caused any glitches with my internet connection or maybe my upgrade wasn't 100% :(

Is FSD3 checks timezone while time and date update over internet? Also is summer/winter time being taken in consideration? Because I'm in UTC +01:00 time zone (region set as it should in console settings, in marketplace configuration in FSD region is also correctly set), and recovered time is not valid (there is 1 hour difference with my local time, don't remember is it +1 or -1).