RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
wanderer1983

kinect and connectx help

Hi all,

I had my xbox 360 chipped a while ago with a dual boot system (press a button and have all the good stuff of a RGH console, press again, go back to a factory console).

i didn't do this myself, as i am not competent enough... i sent my xbox to a shop to do that.

for some reason i got installed a fairly old version of FSD3, it wasn't a problem so i left it there.

I always played kinect games from disk on the original dashboard and works fine

Now i tried to run a kinect game on RGH version and it complains that it needs a system update to enable kinect support.

I have tried everything (even connect to live on the normal dashboard and do a update) but i still don't have kinect support. 

I have been trying to get this to work for 3 weeks... i am nearing my sanity limit.

While playing around with this i tried to update to the latest FSD, change to Aurora, go back to FSD.

I also found the connectx pluging interesting (and very useful) and would like to try it, but i only got it to show the conx folder once and it showed empty (it should be full of stuff).

on the latest version of FSD i can navigate to a smb share and it logs in as guest automatically, but doesn't save the game path :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated, at least to get the kinect up and running

Best regards

Yeah, read the first link in my sig. I am not going to type it all out again, but, the basics of it is you are missing the avatar/kinect update for your kernel version. if you arent on dash 17150, I would check out the xebuild updserv option, as it will handle everything for you. :) As for connectX, I would not set it to use a guest account. I know it works if you dont, as I have tested it. Also, I would switch from FSD to aurora, as aurora is still getting updates and stuff. :)

• Like 2

Yeah, read the first link in my sig. I am not going to type it all out again, but, the basics of it is you are missing the avatar/kinect update for your kernel version. if you arent on dash 17150, I would check out the xebuild updserv option, as it will handle everything for you. :) As for connectX, I would not set it to use a guest account. I know it works if you dont, as I have tested it. Also, I would switch from FSD to aurora, as aurora is still getting updates and stuff. :)

yeah there are multiple ways to do it.. and everyone has a preference.. and discs/custom dash wouldnt matter, except all discs have the kinect data already on them, and will install if missing, but go the way of what Gavin said.. Xebuild or even Jrunner if you prefer

The likely culprit is he's been trying to install 17349 avatar data on 17150... that's one of the problems with dual boots, having different dash on retail and hacked causes problems with Avatar stuff as they use different data...

• Like 1

The likely culprit is he's been trying to install 17349 avatar data on 17150... that's one of the problems with dual boots, having different dash on retail and hacked causes problems with Avatar stuff as they use different data...

That Is why I use seperate HDDS, I have a 320GB for my retail, which was the biggest I could get at the time, and I hardly use, and I have a 1tb for my rgh/jtag. :)

• Like 1