RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
sawixso81

Calling all skinners

I know .5 is still fresh and folks are updating skins still but have any of you guys having issues with the new quick view icons not showing in the quick view scene and also the additional folder with the colored icons as well will not present itself to choose the new colored icons always telling me that it can find the images but if I go back to the default skin and change color icon from there and then go back to my skin the colored icon sticks just really racking my brain here if any one has any clues or suggestions feel free to respond lol thanks for all the help :thumbup:

The reason the additional icons don't show up in your new skin is because the additional icons provided with Aurora are default skin specific.   If you want additional icons to show up across ALL skins then they need to be saved to the aurora/icon/ folder.

If you want to include additional icons in your skin, then you need to look at how skin.xml is configured and follow a similar pattern.

We set it up- where "Built In" icons change with the skin-  so if you change to another skin then your Xbox 360 icon will change to match the skin, but if you use "Additional" icons (either ones in the aurora/icons/ folder or the additional icons included with the skin) they carry over to your new skin and don't get automatically updated.

So, that is why when you go back to Aurora, and set an additional icon, then go to your new skin, the change persists.  

The reason the additional icons don't show up in your new skin is because the additional icons provided with Aurora are default skin specific.   If you want additional icons to show up across ALL skins then they need to be saved to the aurora/icon/ folder.

If you want to include additional icons in your skin, then you need to look at how skin.xml is configured and follow a similar pattern.

We set it up- where "Built In" icons change with the skin-  so if you change to another skin then your Xbox 360 icon will change to match the skin, but if you use "Additional" icons (either ones in the aurora/icons/ folder or the additional icons included with the skin) they carry over to your new skin and don't get automatically updated.

So, that is why when you go back to Aurora, and set an additional icon, then go to your new skin, the change persists.  

You are the man I was wondering what that Icon folder was for with in the main Auroa folder time to have some fun now thanks for your quick feed back I have one other question no topic related but did you happen to work on the wiiflow loaders for the wii as well your name seems very familar no big deal on answering back just curious but yeah now that you helped me with that all I have to figure out is why my quickview scenes harder to explain I will post a screenie for better visuals but my Green Dream Skin Im updating to the new .5 and I have the view and settings in tab form so say when I go into the view scene and have the options for selecting skins and themes and such I have added the new Quick View tab so once selecting that it brings up the QVConfig scene, now when choosing add it takes me to the add screen as should but if you press say the LB by accident it tabs over making the add screen unusable and is running the view tabs behind that if that makes sense. Im sure Ill figure it out with some time just really wierd because my settings scene with the add path functions dont show this behavior so Im stumped at the moment lol

On a side note figured out my issue with the tab deal I needed to add the RB_Block and same with the LB_Buttons all is good close to being done still playing with the icons added to additional in the auroa/icons/folder but still figuring out how to make it skin specific :thumbup: