RealModScene
Swizzy

Aurora Asset Editor - A Graphical editor for Aurora's .asset files

Just press ftp to console and put title id when asked restart your xbox and bang missing cover is they worked great for me. :-)

Hi what is needed to run this program, I put a cover file in the program and it doesn't do anything??? Thanks

You need to have DirectX 9 and the C++ 2010 Redistributable Package:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555 <--- C++ 2010 Redist

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429 <--- DirectX 9

Nice glade see its out good work.

There's even a v1.1 out ;)

I cant figure out how to get this working so I can change some xbox original covers that are not on unity but I get this error when trying to use ftp assests

[5/29/2017 12:17:40 PM]:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: 'System.Data.SQLite.dll'
   at AuroraAssetEditor.Classes.AuroraDbManager.GetDbTitles(String path)
   at AuroraAssetEditor.Controls.FtpAssetsControl.<GetAssetsClick>b__13(Object o, DoWorkEventArgs args)

8 hours ago, fulltimehustler said:

I cant figure out how to get this working so I can change some xbox original covers that are not on unity but I get this error when trying to use ftp assests

[5/29/2017 12:17:40 PM]:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.
File name: 'System.Data.SQLite.dll'
   at AuroraAssetEditor.Classes.AuroraDbManager.GetDbTitles(String path)
   at AuroraAssetEditor.Controls.FtpAssetsControl.<GetAssetsClick>b__13(Object o, DoWorkEventArgs args)

You are missing the SQLite.dll file. You can google it, and download it, then place it next to the app. Then the Sqlite stuff will work.

1 hour ago, gavin_darkglider said:

You are missing the SQLite.dll file. You can google it, and download it, then place it next to the app. Then the Sqlite stuff will work.

thanks, keep that in mind if it happens again. i tried a few hrs later and all of a sudden it downloaded my database and i was able to edit my covers.

I just Discovered that FSD also uses .asset files but insted of 4 .assets fil in aurora FSD keeps it in one .asset file
I just want to know can i also save the assets like that (in one file). coz everytime i try and save the assets it saves it in 4 files for aurora but i want to use them in FSD

3 hours ago, Lukemakes said:

I just Discovered that FSD also uses .asset files but insted of 4 .assets fil in aurora FSD keeps it in one .asset file
I just want to know can i also save the assets like that (in one file). coz everytime i try and save the assets it saves it in 4 files for aurora but i want to use them in FSD

Sorry, but this tool was made specifically for Aurora, FSD's asset files aren't the same format as the Aurora assets files.

I have no plans of making this compatible with FSD as that is old and no longer updated, Aurora is in a way the replacement for FSD made by largely the same people that made FSD

https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraAssetEditor/blob/master/010 Editor Binary Template/FSDAssetTemplate.bt this is the FSD format

https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraAssetEditor/blob/master/010 Editor Binary Template/AuroraAssetTemplate.bt this is the Aurora format

If you look at them, you'll notice they're very different

1 hour ago, Swizzy said:

Sorry, but this tool was made specifically for Aurora, FSD's asset files aren't the same format as the Aurora assets files.

I have no plans of making this compatible with FSD as that is old and no longer updated, Aurora is in a way the replacement for FSD made by largely the same people that made FSD

https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraAssetEditor/blob/master/010 Editor Binary Template/FSDAssetTemplate.bt this is the FSD format

https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraAssetEditor/blob/master/010 Editor Binary Template/AuroraAssetTemplate.bt this is the Aurora format

If you look at them, you'll notice they're very different

Okay, I mainly use Aurora now-a-days. I was just playing around with fsd and came across that and I was wondering about it.

Thanks for letting me know and keep up the good work.

P.S will there be an update to your application?

9 hours ago, Lukemakes said:

Okay, I mainly use Aurora now-a-days. I was just playing around with fsd and came across that and I was wondering about it.

Thanks for letting me know and keep up the good work.

P.S will there be an update to your application?

An update to add what?

4 hours ago, felida said:

An update to add what?

Maybe like add a section where you can add the meta data ( like add a description for the game, the publisher, the genre, the developer)

Things like that maybe?

On 8/6/2018 at 6:24 AM, Lukemakes said:

Maybe like add a section where you can add the meta data ( like add a description for the game, the publisher, the genre, the developer)

Things like that maybe?

That information isn't part of the Assets, it's part of the Database, i started working on a tool to do that type of stuff, but didn't complete it...

The code for the tool is available on github here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraDbManager it's incomplete and i'm not currently working on it (not enough time anymore)

10 hours ago, Swizzy said:

That information isn't part of the Assets, it's part of the Database, i started working on a tool to do that type of stuff, but didn't complete it...

The code for the tool is available on github here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraDbManager it's incomplete and i'm not currently working on it (not enough time anymore)

i understand. i have a program to open the database files. but thats all i can do is to look at them i cant edit them.

I've looked at your program and its looks really cool.

On 8/15/2018 at 7:09 PM, Lukemakes said:

i understand. i have a program to open the database files. but thats all i can do is to look at them i cant edit them.

I've looked at your program and its looks really cool.

I'm assuming you don't know how to do SQL updates?

It's fairly easy, i might write some code for my app to do that, just not sure how long it'll take before it's remotely ready for public usage

On 8/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, ovaisghouri said:

cuz of locale option issue 

i cant go on xbox site

and i cant use ftp

installed c++ 

and sqlite files too

but still no luck

Can you ftp games and such??

Iirc, the Xbox and pc need to be on same network, not via bridge connection thru laptop.. more details are needed besides just saying "I cant".. 

fixed, was my problem xD

good tool! but maybe a option to save all assets of the console to jpg could be great.