RealModScene
Swizzy

Aurora Asset Editor - A Graphical editor for Aurora's .asset files

So, some of you probably read about this recently, i've been working together with MaesterRowen to build this, basically what it does is let you replace covers, backgrounds, icons, banners and/or screenshots in Aurora's .asset files, you can also save images from asset files.

Attached you'll find version 1.0 along with a 010 Editor Binary Template (the later is meant for those trying to understand the format in order to create/update further applications)

The way the asset files are stored is somewhat simple;

Aurora/Data/GameData/TitleID_DatabaseID/

From there, you'll find files named:

GCTitleID <--- Contains the Cover

GLTitleID <--- Contains the Icon & Banner

BKTitleID <--- Contains the Background

SSTitleID <--- Contains screenshots

The full source code is available here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraAssetEditor

Please report any bugs you find here

Special thanks goes to:

MaesterRowen for helping with building the D3DTexture conversion, without that this wouldn't have been ready for a very long time!

gavin_darkglider and felida for helping me test that things work as expected

Mattie for the placeholders

Some tips/tricks:

• You can drag 'n' drop any .asset file onto the application (while it's running, or on the exe itself) and it'll automatically load them for you and switch tab to the one related to the last one processed
  • You can drag 'n' drop any image to the application while it's running and it'll automatically set the cover, background, image etc. depending on the tab you are currently viewing
  • Right click on any image and you'll get a context menu with various options, the same options are available in the edit menu
Here are some screenshots of it in action:

post-1436-0-49660300-1431016096_thumb.pn

post-1436-0-33327800-1431016097_thumb.pn

post-1436-0-00095700-1431016098_thumb.pn

Here's a quick Video Tutorial on how to use this:

Many thanks to MaxMod for this video!

010EditorAuroraAssetBinaryTemplate.rar

AuroraAssetEditor.rar

• Like 21

Great WORK!!

I've implemented what you asked for, saving all assets in one go, feel free to try it out (it's on github, not going to make another release just yet, want to add more features first)

I'm thinking maybe i should change the way the separate save thingies work so that they ask for TitleID and build the correct name?

• Like 1

I've implemented what you asked for, saving all assets in one go, feel free to try it out (it's on github, not going to make another release just yet, want to add more features first)

I'm thinking maybe i should change the way the separate save thingies work so that they ask for TitleID and build the correct name?

I just might.. I can't sleep anyways lmao.. You don't have to release anything yet.. But very good idea on asking for id so it saves it.. I pulled all my data off hdd and just clicked the original file to replace n save.. Your way seems much better lol, as ftp will ask to overwrite.. Hell you get the shit done quick.. I'm still trying to figure out the VS errors I was telling you about earlier lol

just tried out the new build.. awesome.. also.. would it be possible, to have it remember/save to original filename? for example i load in my XXxxXXxx file.. and it will save it to XXxxXXxx again? with only verification of the ID staying the same? as it would be easier than typing it all in.. or maybe not lol

mass save works perfect btw!!

Nice work, MaesterRowen, gavin_darkglider, Felida and Mattie.

and you totally forgot to thank Swizzy, the creator of this proggy ::epic fail::
  • Like 2

just tried out the new build.. awesome.. also.. would it be possible, to have it remember/save to original filename? for example i load in my XXxxXXxx file.. and it will save it to XXxxXXxx again? with only verification of the ID staying the same? as it would be easier than typing it all in.. or maybe not lol

mass save works perfect btw!!

and you totally forgot to thank Swizzy, the creator of this proggy ::epic fail::

It's possible yes, i just need to think of how best to implement that :p do i extract TitleID from the filename? or do i store each filename in a separate object? choices... so many choices... (extracting TitleID adds another problem; what if the filename doesn't have a TitleID? (as in somebody renamed it, or simply saved it for some other purpose with a different name))

Any ideas of how you would prefer having this? if i save each separately i wouldn't be able to use it as-is for mass-save, as each part have a different name, unless of course i just make it ask for the location, but then comes yet another bunch of problems; what if there is no file loaded before? and what if you want to load assets from one TitleID and store for another?

Lot's of stuff to think about in those areas... if you have any suggestions, feel free to post 'em :) meanwhile i'm working on building a Xbox.com asset downloader, after that i'll probably add one for xboxunity aswell :)

Video to help explain the program Thanks

I'm not a video guy, so someone else will have to do that for you/me but, this version is aimed towards slightly more advanced users, you need to know what you are doing in order to use this fully, it lets you replace covers etc. etc. but, you have to find the files to load/save yourself based on the information i gave in the first post, if you cannot find it, then this is not for you ;)

Depending on how things goes with this version of the tool, i might make a more user friendly version which lets you interact directly with Aurora's database etc.

• Like 1

It's possible yes, i just need to think of how best to implement that :p do i extract TitleID from the filename? or do i store each filename in a separate object? choices... so many choices... (extracting TitleID adds another problem; what if the filename doesn't have a TitleID? (as in somebody renamed it, or simply saved it for some other purpose with a different name))

Any ideas of how you would prefer having this? if i save each separately i wouldn't be able to use it as-is for mass-save, as each part have a different name, unless of course i just make it ask for the location, but then comes yet another bunch of problems; what if there is no file loaded before? and what if you want to load assets from one TitleID and store for another?

Lot's of stuff to think about in those areas... if you have any suggestions, feel free to post 'em :) meanwhile i'm working on building a Xbox.com asset downloader, after that i'll probably add one for xboxunity aswell :)

exactly that.. if i load a file.. and go to save it.. have it pop up a dialog(like you do with the mass save) with the ID there for verification, instead of just auto saving it directly.. no need to store stuff.. and it would do the same thing for no id/diff file names.. it will just pop up saying "would u like to use this ID/name"??? pretty simple i presume.. but i cant code for jack shit lmao.. and like i said.. just a suggestion.. how ever you decide to work it will do just fine.. lol (i think i might have been over analyzing on this one m8, and maybe it isnt neccessary.. i am tired ATM)[might need to scratch that idea all together lmao]

only reason i suggested it.. was cuz i was making a templet for the emus.. and flipflopping had me all backwards.. had stuff from snes in genesis.. and what not.. the option would be for mostly mass editing, as single files will be easier.. and anyone SHOULDN'T confuse a single file.. lmao..

OH also random feature to think.. when u save the completed work.. would it be possible to clear the tabs of the editor?? instead of assets still being loaded? not necessary.. but still might be helpful to the "less-attentioned-to-detailed" types..

(sorry for my randomness.. but i am always down to kick ideas around the table lol)

exactly that.. if i load a file.. and go to save it.. have it pop up a dialog(like you do with the mass save) with the ID there for verification, instead of just auto saving it directly.. no need to store stuff.. and it would do the same thing for no id/diff file names.. it will just pop up saying "would u like to use this ID/name"??? pretty simple i presume.. but i cant code for jack shit lmao.. and like i said.. just a suggestion.. how ever you decide to work it will do just fine.. lol

Well, it has to be stored in memory, otherwise it's lost the second that it's finished loading (at which point it'd be totally useless anyways)

I'll think about it, see what i implement :) but first, something more useful; ability to download assets directly from xbox.com (similar to what Aurora does) and set them directly to stuff instead of having to search the site, download each thing manually...

Thanks, Fantastico program,

it would be asking too much to have a video on how it works? :pizza:

2 posts above yours, read it...

• Like 1

Well, it has to be stored in memory, otherwise it's lost the second that it's finished loading (at which point it'd be totally useless anyways)

I'll think about it, see what i implement :) but first, something more useful; ability to download assets directly from xbox.com (similar to what Aurora does) and set them directly to stuff instead of having to search the site, download each thing manually...

2 posts above yours, read it...

ok.. nah.. like i said.. i didnt think it throught.. leave it just the way it is.. only thing needed would be to clear out the finish project after you save..

or atleast an option asking would u like too clear it.. cuz ppl might use same art for diff things.. but a fresh start for new things would be nice.. instead of clearing it all manually..  ... and i've reached my max likes on here for the day.. hmm never occurred to me that could happen lol.. 

and pulling the assets for games you dont have is cool.. as you could photoshop part of it.. then use it in the pack you are doing.. lol

ok.. nah.. like i said.. i didnt think it throught.. leave it just the way it is.. only thing needed would be to clear out the finish project after you save..

or atleast an option asking would u like too clear it.. cuz ppl might use same art for diff things.. but a fresh start for new things would be nice.. instead of clearing it all manually..  ... and i've reached my max likes on here for the day.. hmm never occurred to me that could happen lol.. 

and pulling the assets for games you dont have is cool.. as you could photoshop part of it.. then use it in the pack you are doing.. lol

That menu option under "File" at the top should clear out all...

That menu option under "File" at the top should clear out all...

ahh see.. lol.. i am sooo tired.. just got done with my classes for the week.. NAPPY time.. my bad.. haha.. well then i dont have much to offer at this point.. let me get some rest and clear my head from these finals i've been doing

• Like 2

ahh see.. lol.. i am sooo tired.. just got done with my classes for the week.. NAPPY time.. my bad.. haha.. well then i dont have much to offer at this point.. let me get some rest and clear my head from these finals i've been doing

Yeah, no worries, there'll be more stuff to add laters, you know of some of my future plans already :)

• Like 1

Yeah, no worries, there'll be more stuff to add laters, you know of some of my future plans already :)

very true.. lol.. i'll let you get at that m8.. latzz.. if i think of anything with a clear head i'll be sure to let you know.. 

Video to help explain the program Thanks

This is a simple app, the easiest way I have found to find the assets is:

1. Download SQLBrowser/Sqlite admin

2. open content database with tool.

3. view ContentItems Table.

4. Find the game/app you are looking for.

5. Open Calculator and switch to programmers view.

6. copy TitleID, and/or ID keep seperate.

7. Make sure calculator settings are set to Dec.(Decimal)

8. Paste TitleID or ID Number into calculator.

9. Hit hex bubble(Hexadecimal)

10. Now take the titleID conversion  from the calculator, and posisition it like titleid_ID

11. Now you know what where the .asset files you want are. Ftp those to your computer, and open them. If they are empty, the app will throw up an error, dont worry, just import the images you want, and save each file over the original, then copy back to xbox, over the files you copied. 

12. Reboot aurora, and see your new covers/banners/Screenshots/Icons. :)

• Like 3

This is a simple app, the easiest way I have found to find the assets is:

1. Download SQLBrowser/Sqlite admin

2. open content database with tool.

3. view ContentItems Table.

4. Find the game/app you are looking for.

5. Open Calculator and switch to programmers view.

6. copy TitleID, and/or ID keep seperate.

7. Make sure calculator settings are set to Dec.(Decimal)

8. Paste TitleID or ID Number into calculator.

9. Hit hex bubble(Hexadecimal)

10. Now take the titleID conversion  from the calculator, and posisition it like titleid_ID

11. Now you know what where the .asset files you want are. Ftp those to your computer, and open them. If they are empty, the app will throw up an error, dont worry, just import the images you want, and save each file over the original, then copy back to xbox, over the files you copied. 

12. Reboot aurora, and see your new covers/banners/Screenshots/Icons. :)

Here's a Lua Subtitle to make it even easier (no need for calculator or database editor(s)!)

GameListSubtitles["GameDataPath"] = function(Content)
	return string.format("Game Data Path: Aurora/Data/GameData/%08X_%08X", Content.TitleId, Content.Id)
end
  • Like 2

:clap:   awesome .... time to edit/assign assets to my 250+  titles :dj:

Thank you

• Like 2

Here's a Lua Subtitle to make it even easier (no need for calculator or database editor(s)!)

GameListSubtitles["GameDataPath"] = function(Content)
    return string.format("Game Data Path: Aurora/Data/GameData/%08X_%08X", Content.TitleId, Content.Id)
end

Yeah, just add to aurora subtitle scripts..and change the subtitle in the Aurura menu...will give you the direct path.  Everything seems to be working great so far.!!

Thanks again, im one of those people who were holding out for manual covers before fully switching...and especially if i can get my old GameAssetInfo.bin files to work with Aurora (some are, some arent)....just seems more 'complete'..LoL.  Thank you!!

Edited by 2Ceedz
  • Like 2

YES!!!!!!! This is incredible!!!!
My Ethernet port was fried during a thunderstorm, and as a result, I haven't been able to download game covers!
With this I'll now be able to do that! Thank you guys! :D

• Like 2