RealModScene
QuattroGam3r

[Aurora] Game Series sorting

The problem with collections is that there is nothing in the xex or anything like that which tells anyone it's part of a collection of games or a series of games... the only reason it's able to tell XBLA, Xbox 360 and Kinect games apart is flags in the XEX and/or the PIRS/CONS/LIVE container header

I am sure that this will NOT be quick and easy...

But here is my thinking :-)

The database will need to be changed to accommodate the new entry, CollectionID

Each entry for a game (TitleID) in the database be changed, to be able to be linked if needed to CollectionID

Unity could then add support for the new CollectionID  and custom covers can be upload by community.

Maybe someone can make a template (psd) and upload it here...

Aurora is an AWSOME app.... and can do pretty amazing things...

It can already tell the difference between X360 / Arcade / Kinect...

The basics should be similar for collections

The Coverflow integration should add support for a 2nd Level of the view....

(I think this one is  more difficult, although linking the games is going to take some time...)

I know that this is not an easy request, but this would make this App even more AWSOME...

and you really are "over complicating it" as the unity DB would not have to be altered AT ALL.. all that would need to be done, is a custom filter containing the certain Title ID's for those collections..

for example COD:

41560914, 415608FC, 41560855, 415607E1, Ect.

the filter option in aurora already has a subtitle filter option.. 

GameListSubtitles["TitleID"] = GameListSubtitleTitleId

so as of NOW, one could manually set up a "COD quickview", and pressing L/R bumper to flip through to only show the Cod games.. or one for any other collection.. but this way doesn't have the cool coverflow/2nd menu pop up..

unless i am misunderstanding the guide by maesterRowen??

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3570-the-aurora-scripting-how-to-guide/

which very well might be true.. lol

• Like 1

I think Swizzy is right. It's quickly going to become a nightmare. The OG topic is hard enough to do, but I was simply going to edit the script for other collections. How is he going to make it look for them on its own.

Unless, like themoviedb.org, a new database is created and people submit their own artwork. But artwork is difficult enough to do without the problem of creating something new, I know cause I make covers. For Xbox, 360, and tmdb/fanart.tv I just don't see it taking off.

But I would still like to see some option available to sort collections together, wether it's in a subsection or not.

thanks for the reply

but my thinking is not to get the information from the XEX....

Once this information is added to Unity, it can be downloaded.... (just like a cover, it is only the type of data that changes, but it is still data)

and it would make it automated... making custom filters takes time, and if you loose that drive, it gone. You will have to do it all over again. This way you will be able to get it with the push of a button.

Example: If I add "Call of Duty"

I should add the name of the Collection along with the titleID 's

41560914, 415608FC, 41560855, 415607E1, ect (as in felida post above ) and a custom cover for approval.

Once approved by Unity admins,  the data becomes available for download

making custom filters takes time, and if you loose that drive, it gone. 

this is why you would SHARE it.. cloud based backups ;-)

as there is a section on here just for filters ;-)

Please forgive me for being over complicated :)

When I use B (view) -> Filters & Sort -> Misc -> LiNK Supported...
I get 66 games that is supported, and I don't think that info is coming from the XEX....

Pushing this idea is actually part of a bigger way of thinking for me...

When more, and more information is added to the unity database, it can open possibilities like :-

View games by year (when sorted by release date)

View by Developer/Publisher (all my EA Games in one place :) )

View by players supported *(1player / 2 players / 4 player as well as multi-player / Online and LiNK)

View by type / Genres / Folder etc...

View by rating (this one can then be used, to build a parental control within Aurora)

As I said, just an idea....

Being v0.5b this is pretty awesome......
by the time Phoenix and the team get to v1.0, I bet this will be amazing..... :)

• Like 1

Please forgive me for being over complicated :)

When I use B (view) -> Filters & Sort -> Misc -> LiNK Supported...

I get 66 games that is supported, and I don't think that info is coming from the XEX....

Correct, this comes from the LiNK features, it's a file downloaded telling the plugin which titles are LiNK enabled...

However, it would be just as easy as getting this information from xbox.com as they have information as to what exactly the game supports (how many players it supports in the various modes)

• Like 1

Try something like this

GameListSorters["Release Date"] = function(Item1, Item2, Type)
  -- Check if sort Descending
  if Type == SortType.Descending then
    return string.lower(Item1.ReleaseDate) > string.lower(Item2.ReleaseDate)
  end

-- Sort Ascending
    return string.lower(Item1.ReleaseDate) < string.lower(Item2.ReleaseDate)
end

You should also check this out if you are interested in creating your own aurora lua scripts. http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3570-the-aurora-scripting-how-to-guide/ :)

Dont know if it works, but in therory it should. Havnt tested it, as it was mainly a copy and paste job, just changed the name stuff to releasedate stuff, but since ReleaseDate is in the struct built into aurora, it should work.

Note, this is for all games, not a series of games, but I am sure you could add a title filter also, and then add both filters to a quickview. :)

It worked, but i dont know why its not support all games...Some games stay out of order. I dont know how to fix. If there is a way to see the release dates of individual games (could be aside of the game's name) , and mannualy change them, then would be better. Can we see the release date somewhere on aurora? Or set to see?

It worked, but i dont know why its not support all games...Some games stay out of order. I dont know how to fix. If there is a way to see the release dates of individual games (could be aside of the game's name) , and mannualy change them, then would be better. Can we see the release date somewhere on aurora? Or set to see?

Release date is in the content.db, but maybe not all games pull in the release date. post-17130-0-96987700-1436323372_thumb.jpg

You can always add the date in yourself if you feel comfortable, and the script will sort it after it has that info.

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to add release date to Aurora's GUI, but that is up to the dev's.

Release date is in the content.db, but maybe not all games pull in the release date. attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-07-07 at 7.39.52 PM.jpg

You can always add the date in yourself if you feel comfortable, and the script will sort it after it has that info.

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to add release date to Aurora's GUI, but that is up to the dev's.

You can view the release date using the subtitle for that :p

It's currently only possible to add/change using an external DB editor

• Like 2

You can view the release date using the subtitle for that :p

It's currently only possible to add/change using an external DB editor

Hmm, I see date added and last played... are you sure?

So I was adding another movie to one of my collections today in Kodi, and when I was setting the sort title (for sorting the movie outside of it's normal alpha-numeric position) I realized that a sort title column in the db would be a big step in the right direction for sorting collections together in Aurora. It would let users set any title in any position they want, i.e. COD, COD 1, COD 2, etc. Aurora would have to let sort title override normal titles if sort title is present, and of course users would have to either edit their content.db or when/if another tool arrives, they could use that. But I think it could work well for Aurora just as it works well in Kodi. 

Kodi has the option of grouping in sets or not. When they're grouped, they all nest under a single cover, but when not grouped in sets, they follow the sort title. So even if grouping in sets is questionable in Aurora, grouping by sort title could be much easier... just brainstorming with myself, hope this brings some different light to it.

Its possible to use these Game sorter script as Subtite script (put it in subtitles user scripts)? What line/words i need to change?

end

-- Sort Ascending

end

Thanks in advance.

Its possible to use these Game sorter script as Subtite script (put it in subtitles user scripts)? What line/words i need to change?

end

-- Sort Ascending

end

Thanks in advance.

Put in user scripts, restart. Should work as is. Will show up in subtitles as Release Date

end

-- Sort Ascending

end

Thanks in advance.

For it to work as a subtitle it'd be like this:

GameListSubtitles["ReleaseDate"] = function(Content)	
	if Content.ReleaseDate ~= "" then
	  return string.format("Release Date: %s", Content.ReleaseDate )
	end
	return "Release Date:  Not Available"
end
  • Like 1