RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
ken

Hdd problem

Hi guys maybe u can help me with a strange 1.i have got 2 portable hard drives 2tb each and they work great on my trinity rgh. But when i try them on a duel nand corona they won't show and when i restart the console a couple of time 1 may show but doesn't show up any folders within file manager tried both dash boards fsd and Aurora

• Like 2

I cant see the custom dash you are running having anything to do with this. I would be checking xebuild/dashlaunch settings, as NXE/Metro/Kernel handles mounting drives and partitions, and what is recognizable and what not. Aurora/FSD/XEXmenu have nothing to do with this. Xebuild builds the nand image, and dashlaunch patches the hypervisor/kernel. either one of these in therory could cause this issue. It could also be a bad block on the nand chip.  Just an idea of some places to start.

The most likely culprit is that you are impatient, hdd's sometimes take a bit of time before they show up properly, it's weird that it works fine on one but not the other tho...

I am a bit impatient mate however not in this case it's just wied when 1 hdd does finally show and i look for the content it showing blank folders instead of my GOD folder . Then also when i plugged my hdd back into my pc to check the content it was showing a test file

What settings in xebuild and DashLaunch should i be looking for

I'd probarbly be looking at current draw. meaning: Do you use a usb hub to connect 2 hdd's to 1 usb port, a powered hub? what about using different ports? Does the trinity have front usb ports? using 1 front and 1 back port? If hdd's don't receive enough current to spin then obviously they aren't gonna work. I'd have a look into that. see if hdd's work seperately. Then together. And so on and so forth.

• Like 2

The 2 hdd are new 2tb Western digital portable mate just USB cable no power needed and both work spot on with the trinity console rear ports and front just the corona won't pick them up

No power needed means it draws its current from the usb port increasig my suspicion. Like i said try them one after the other and on ports on both sides of the Xbox as 2 ports that are next tot eachother may very well share eachothers controller and hence its power circuit.

Windows would tell you that a device is drawing too much current. The Xbox won't tell you nothing. Just try only 1 HDD and see if it works then try the other. If both work separately you know it is overdrawing current.

• Like 2

Ye m8 u probably right as my trinity has only got a coolrunner fitted were the corona has a demon aswell so i guess it's wanting more juice thanks

Solution is buying a powered USB hub. That may interfere with xell however as xell doesn't seem to like it when hdd's are on a hub. (Or at least back in the days xell hated my hub.) But that will give the hdd's the juice they need and relieve USB ports.

• Like 1

Can you send me a link to a hub mate plz so i get the correct one

Can you send me a link to a hub mate plz so i get the correct one

Any USB Hub that has an external power source would work, just go to you local hardware store where they sell computer accessories and ask for a powered usb hub, i'm sure they'll give you a good one ;)

• Like 1

Thanks guys got 1 of these but same results very slow to find and 60 secs to boot into any dashboard

Thanks guys got 1 of these but same results very slow to find and 60 secs to boot into any dashboard

maybe the port is bad? did you try anything else besides the hdds?