RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
decxx1

A Game in "quick view" does not correspond

sorry, I dont speak English but i want to say this:

"Virtua Tennis 4", and "Ghost Recon: Future Soldier", Both support kinect, but are 360 games and both are in Kinect category.

How do I move the games to 360 category?

• Like 2

sorry, I dont speak English but i want to say this:

"Virtua Tennis 4", and "Ghost Recon: Future Soldier", Both support kinect, but are 360 games and both are in Kinect category.

How do I move the games to 360 category?

They should both be in the Xbox 360 Games list, if they're not, maybe it's a filter that hides kinect games? check for " AND NOT Kinect" or something like that... if you see that, remove it

They should both be in the Xbox 360 Games list, if they're not, maybe it's a filter that hides kinect games? check for " AND NOT Kinect" or something like that... if you see that, remove it

I tried everything, if i put only "XBOX 360" shows all,  (including kinect, All games kinect 360)

if i add "AND NOT KINECT" Virtua Tennis 4, and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier disappears (including all kinect games)

if I put only "KINECT", It shows me all kinect games (kinect 360 and kinect xbla), including Virtua Tennis 4, and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

I concluded that both games, are kinect games for aurora.

Some games have kinect support, but do not require the kinect. the filter doesnt consider this. which is why you are having this issue. I would think you could remove the kinect flag from the db manually, but this is a bit more work, and I havnt actually checked. will look in to it later.

I tried everything, if i put only "XBOX 360" shows all,  (including kinect, All games kinect 360)

if i add "AND NOT KINECT" Virtua Tennis 4, and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier disappears (including all kinect games)

if I put only "KINECT", It shows me all kinect games (kinect 360 and kinect xbla), including Virtua Tennis 4, and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

I concluded that both games, are kinect games for aurora.

This has been that way since day one, it's not at all related to Quick Views, the difference is that you can not choose to invert filters (basically tell Aurora to hide games filtered by one filter instead of showing them)

There's no way we can know what games are "Better with kinect" and which requires Kinect, the only solution is to either edit the database manually, or adding exceptions to the filter manually...

• Like 1

There's no way we can know what games are "Better with kinect" and which requires Kinect, the only solution is to either edit the database manually, or adding exceptions to the filter manually...

How there's no way you can know?

for example:

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist
South Park The Stick of Truth
Dead space 3
fifa soccer
forza motorsport 4

these games have "Better with kinect" and are properly "xbox 360". Then is it a coincidence?

okay not important, if i can "add exceptions to the filter manually"... how do I do that?

you would have to create a filter for each game, and then add them to the xbox360 tab. or open the content DB, and remove the kinect flag from these games. Dont know exactly, but once you get to the table, I am sure you can figure it out by looking at the other games in the table. and this would probably be easier, and more dangerous at the same time, so if you attempt it, make sure you make a backup of the file. :)

How there's no way you can know?

for example:

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist

South Park The Stick of Truth

Dead space 3

fifa soccer

forza motorsport 4

these games have "Better with kinect" and are properly "xbox 360". Then is it a coincidence?

okay not important, if i can "add exceptions to the filter manually"... how do I do that?

I don't know, maybe they don't have the Kinect flag, that's basically what we check for, if the XEX have the kinect flag added to it, if it does... then it's safe to assume that it's a Kinect game in most cases...

Thank you both for your help,

I solved it, I opened the file content.db with an editor, and changed values "contentflags" 9 for 8. then I replaced the file with the xexmenu

• Like 2