RealModScene
gavin_darkglider

ConnectX and Aurora: How to.

Need help

I have a Rgh xbox 360 fat banned console using Aurora 0.5b with dashlaunch.

I tried to setup connectx n almost succeeded in it.

I can find the shared folder in the file manager of aurora but as soon as i click on the default.Xex, the game starts up n freezes.

Also i have noticed tht my xbox 360 is seen connected on the network places on my pc which runs on windows 10

But as soon as a game boots up or if i go to dash launch or xexmenu, it disappears from network places shown in my pc.

Even when i load a game from the share folder using connectx... The same thing happens when the game boots up.

My xbox 360 is then not shown in network places & the game gets stuck

My connection type is an ethernet cable connecting my xbox to wireless router

N

My pc is connected to the router with wifi.

I dont know whats wrong??

Kindly help me.

Streaming games across the network can seem to not work, as it is loading giant files from the network. As for the network stuff in windows, I am suprised it shows up at all, as ConnectX is only a client that connects to the server, and not a server the computer can/should see. Look into SMB server for Xbox360(Not in aurora, but is in FSD). If the files can be seen, try running a simple app from the pc, such as xex menu, or an emulator, and see if that loads faster. ;) good luck. 

Edit: Think I got it solved. See next post.

Greetings,

I could use some help with ConnectX as I was hoping to use my Centos Linux machines as a NAS so to speak. I'm unable to get ConnectX to hook up to it.

I can access the samba share from any other machines just fine.

My share list in smb.conf

[root]
    path = /
    valid users = root
    write list = root

[xbox360]
    path = /xbox360
    valid users = root
    writeable = yes
    write list = root

Like I said, I have no problems connecting to it from any other machine, just not through ConnectX.

I've tried uppercase and lowercase computername and its IP (Is it really only supposed to work with uppercase computername as the guides say and not IP?)

Same with the share. Both upper and lower case.

Upper and lowercase username (root) (can't see how it would work with uppercase...)

Password is correct.

Also tried the "root" share.

ConX simply never appears in the file manager (same for FSD). Is there any log files I can have a look at?

Mostly what I am looking for is someone with a similar setup having no problems to explain their settings =)

Edit: I can even connect to it using SMB: from FSD 3.

selinux and firewall is off while testing..

Thanks!

There's a debug log in Aurora/Data/Logs/ it may hold some minor information, but ConnectX is really not something we've coded up ourselves, it's a patched version of what Microsoft supplies with XDK systems, that's why it's not distributed on this site as it's illegal to distribute...

If there's any debugging information available, it'd appear in the UART output from the console, after enabling that feature in dashlaunch (these are the connections required to get that working: http://free60.org/wiki/UART#Serial_Console you really only need RX/TX and GND, it operates at 3.3v

Thanks for the response. Really appriciate the quick help.

I think I got it sorted though. I have a lot of samba servers and I usually connect to them using their IP. Somewhere in the setting up of this particular one, I set up the wrong netbios name in smb.conf. I fixed that and also enabled the nmb.service which I never run otherwise. Since i have a full Windows domain running here, I also added its static IP to the DNS server.

I can now connect to it using ConnectX. Time to see if this is a valid method...

Some other questions of lower priority:

Can it really only handle FAT32 on external drives? Not EXT4 or similar? Limitation of the XBOX I guess, if so.

Would direct SMB support be available in future Auroras or similar, making ConnectX obselete? =)

Thanks again for the quick response.

• Like 2

It's possible that at some point in time (long down the road) we implement our own SMB client letting you copy files from a SAMBA server... But, this is not something we're currently working on...

Regardless, what ConnectX does is map a SMB share to a device on your system, allowing you to run the games straight from there without interruptions (well, the connection speed isn't all that good tho)

Another stupid question if you will.

In Aurora, it still displays the games that I have removed. Rescanning does not remove them. Trying to start them fails of course.

How can I reset the games list? Does scanning only add new games and not remove old ones?

I even have some multiples (tried them both from HD and ConnectX so it got added twice).

Edit: I deleted the content paths which seems to have deleted them, but my original question remains; any easier way to clear out games that no longer exists?

you can manually edit the database, or erase the game from the menu. in the next version of aurora, whenever it is released, you could right a utility script to do it for you.

• Like 1

you can manually edit the database, or erase the game from the menu. in the next version of aurora, whenever it is released, you could right a utility script to do it for you.

there will actually be one available when we release it, however it won't be pre-installed, it'll have to be installed using the utility scripts browser

Tried it with aurora 0.7b r1622 it works , managed to get it working by setting a password to my user account on windows 7 , if you dont have a password for your account and leave it blank on credentials it might not work , for me it didnt work was about to lose hope after several try but glad it worked , tried it with castlevania lords of shadow 2 the games works perfectly , now going to try it with xbla and xbox1 classic games to see . 

• Like 1

In case anyone still reads this, i had some troubles getting things to work with Win10 / Server 2k19.
After all i had to:

- Enable SMB1 Protocol (Program & Features)
- Adjust IRPStackSize to larger than 30 for USB Drive Shares. (registry or Powershell cmdlet Set-SmbServerConfiguration)

Hope thats usefull for someone...

• Like 1

Heres a working modern Samba config that I've used on ubuntu 20.04:

Also make sure to enable and start the netbios named, `sudo systemctl enable nmbd && sudo systemctl start nmbd`

[global]
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        security = user

passdb backend = tdbsam
        netbios name = UBSERVER

client min protocol = CORE
client max protocol = NT1
server max protocol = SMB3
server min protocol = LANMAN1
strict sync = no
server role = standalone server
server signing = disabled
smb encrypt = disabled
ntlm auth = yes

# Tweak socket options for lower delay. We also set TCP_KEEPIDLE to 20s which is
# about what it takes to reset the console and launch OPL, this avoids keeping
# file locks around for too long. We could try to optimize socket buffer sizes
# but Linux should do this automatically.
# TODO(mafredri): Do more testing with TCP_QUICKACK.
socket options = TCP_NODELAY TCP_KEEPIDLE=20 IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_KEEPALIVE

# Disable keepalive to avoid hanging onto locks. Should not be needed
# due to SO_KEEPALIVE and helps with FMV audio stutter.
keepalive = 0

# ------------------------------------
# Attempt to speed up reads and writes
# ------------------------------------
# This setting only works for oplocked files but OPL doesn't oplock.
write cache size = 0
# Speed up directory listings.
getwd cache = yes
# Remove audio stutter in FMVs.
large readwrite = yes
# Disable asynchronous reads and writes.
aio read size = 0
aio write size = 0
# This might help with performance as the system doesn't need to check locks.
# OPL is the only client so we don't care about locks anyway.
strict locking = no

[xbox360]
        comment = Xbox Share
        path = /home/server/mounts/360-dest/
        write list = xbox
        create mask = 0664
        directory mask = 0775

has anyone had a chance to see if connectX works with OG xbox games?  I can run the standard 360 and XBLA stuff just fine but if I try to run Halo 2 then it starts to load for a second and then fails with an error.  For reference I am using the mathieulh v5832 back compat files.

On 6/6/2022 at 6:14 AM, booyabeetz said:

has anyone had a chance to see if connectX works with OG xbox games?  I can run the standard 360 and XBLA stuff just fine but if I try to run Halo 2 then it starts to load for a second and then fails with an error.  For reference I am using the mathieulh v5832 back compat files.

Have tested a couple Xbox Originals as GoD containers over ConnectX, but they all fail. They have to be placed locally to successfully launch them. On internal HD they definitely work, unsure about running them from USB though.

Btw. I also have mathieulh's "Regular" xb1_5832_apr_2018_2019.11.28_livefix installed.

Hello, I have a problem with connectx. I have NAS Synology but I can't start connectx on my Xbox 360 at Aurora 0.7. In NAS root create xbox folder, at connectx set

Remote PC name: MYNAME_CLOUD

PC Share Name: xbox

User And password but not working it. Where's the problem please?