RealModScene
gavin_darkglider

ConnectX and Aurora: How to.

I am going to go over the basic steps here to set up ConnectX with Aurora. I have not linked to the plugin for the same reason it is not included with Aurora. It is Illegal to Distribute.

On Computer:

1. If connected to the network via wireless, and are running windows vista+  make sure you select home network, other wise skip this step.

2. Enable File sharing

3. Create Share, which is needed above.

4. Give your user, or the user you used on xbox, permission to access that share.

That should about cover the basics. I am not going to go into to much detail on setting up windows shares, but if you google it, you will find alot of info. :)

If you are running Linux, then you will need to have Samba installed and configured. If you need more information on this, let me know, and I will see what I can do to help.

On Xbox:

1. Download the prepatched ConnectX.xex(Google it, you will Find it)

2. put connectX.xex in aurora:\plugins

3. Enable plugin at boot  in aurora  connectX settings

4. Fill in information on the xbox. \\COMPUTERNAME\Share, Username(or COMPUTERNAME\Username), password for user on computer.

5. reboot xbox.

6. press back button, and make sure connectX is in the plugin list.

7. Add ConnectX:\ to your scan paths following the folder structure you set up on the device sharing the data.

This should about do it for you. There is no need to edit the launch.ini, or anything like that, as aurora handles loading the plugin for you. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've been trying to add my XBOX360 as a network place using windows 8.1, but fails. Aurora could do such a thing? I mean, i use filezilla just fine to transfer files, but with windows explorer life is more enjoyable...ConnectX is a ftp or smb server?

I've been trying to add my XBOX360 as a network place using windows 8.1, but fails. Aurora could do such a thing? I mean, i use filezilla just fine to transfer files, but with windows explorer life is more enjoyable...ConnectX is a ftp or smb server?

It's SMB Client... so the other way around

• Like 1

What you might want to look at is the neighborhood that comes with the SDK.. Which you will not find here.. But if I am interpreting right, you want to look at the Xbox like you would any other folder on your PC.. Which really is only possible with the SDK.. Connectx/ftp won't help do that..

Connectx allows you to share a folder with your games on PC and play it on the Xbox.. Ftp clients such as filezilla will allow you to view the content on PC.. But not like you want..

What you might want to look at is the neighborhood that comes with the SDK.. Which you will not find here.. But if I am interpreting right, you want to look at the Xbox like you would any other folder on your PC.. Which really is only possible with the SDK.. Connectx/ftp won't help do that..

Connectx allows you to share a folder with your games on PC and play it on the Xbox.. Ftp clients such as filezilla will allow you to view the content on PC.. But not like you want..

Actually, there is a SMB Server for FSD, this doesn't require Xbox Neighborhood to work, it's not available for Aurora yet... but... there are plans of implementing it there also...

Actually, there is a SMB Server for FSD, this doesn't require Xbox Neighborhood to work, it's not available for Aurora yet... but... there are plans of implementing it there also...

the only one i know of is the 360 Content manager one.. but still is like a FTP view.. which is why i didn't suggest that.. as i was jumping with a leap and interpreting what the guy was asking for.. 

but nonetheless.. thanks for the info on future features that are/might come.. ;-D

the only one i know of is the 360 Content manager one.. but still is like a FTP view.. which is why i didn't suggest that.. as i was jumping with a leap and interpreting what the guy was asking for.. 

but nonetheless.. thanks for the info on future features that are/might come.. ;-D

360 Content Manager is a Client, not Server...

If you setup FSD's SMB Server properly you can access it like another computer in your network with ANY smb compatible client (including explorer)

• Like 3

360 Content Manager is a Client, not Server...

If you setup FSD's SMB Server properly you can access it like another computer in your network with ANY smb compatible client (including explorer)

haha touché.. didn't even think about it like that.. but yeah you are very correct..

2zsr71y.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Folks, I came back to the forum looking for an update of FSD, but I found that the dev team don't gone to continue with FSD, so I migrate to Aurora, pretty cool btw, in my dashlaunch I change my default to Aurora 0.5b, I configure the connectx to connect with a home laptop who has connected a 3TB usb 3.0 HDD where I have "apps", the weird thing is in Aurora connectx cant bind to the share, but when I boot to FSD no problem, I read in the Aurora launch thread that have a know issue in some network scenarios, my setup info:

Laptop windows 10 updated with all the network sharing settings recommended.

Seagate USB 3.0 3TB HDD.

I try with a cat 5 patchcord connected directly between the laptop and the xbox and I try connected to a home router with 1gb ports,  firewall off ( I have a policy for smb) in connectx settings I try to input the computer name (FDQN), the ip address, I change the share user password.

If you guys need logs or test let me know, I can test wherever you want It will be a pleasure to help in any way in this amazing project, thanks!

Hi Folks, I came back to the forum looking for an update of FSD, but I found that the dev team don't gone to continue with FSD, so I migrate to Aurora, pretty cool btw, in my dashlaunch I change my default to Aurora 0.5b, I configure the connectx to connect with a home laptop who has connected a 3TB usb 3.0 HDD where I have "apps", the weird thing is in Aurora connectx cant bind to the share, but when I boot to FSD no problem, I read in the Aurora launch thread that have a know issue in some network scenarios, my setup info:

Laptop windows 10 updated with all the network sharing settings recommended.

Seagate USB 3.0 3TB HDD.

I try with a cat 5 patchcord connected directly between the laptop and the xbox and I try connected to a home router with 1gb ports,  firewall off ( I have a policy for smb) in connectx settings I try to input the computer name (FDQN), the ip address, I change the share user password.

If you guys need logs or test let me know, I can test wherever you want It will be a pleasure to help in any way in this amazing project, thanks!

you have to re-load aurora for connectX to boot up poper.. dunno if you did or not.. but yeah..

you have to re-load aurora for connectX to boot up poper.. dunno if you did or not.. but yeah..

Hi I reboot aurora in every change of settings in connectx

Hi I reboot aurora in every change of settings in connectx

If you change the settings for ConnectX you may need to reboot the entire console as Aurora doesn't unload connectx, it leaves it loaded and will therefor not reload it's settings...

If you change the settings for ConnectX you may need to reboot the entire console as Aurora doesn't unload connectx, it leaves it loaded and will therefor not reload it's settings...

Thanks for your reply Swizzy thats what I meant I reboot the entire console in every change

Hello,

Its me again, Im very persistant guy, like some nice guys says you have to try harder ;)

I finally found the issue with connectx and windows (from vista to windows 10) theres and issue with smb connections, in some random scenarios (i think. Im allways on those :( ) smb not correctly connect, so after 6 hours of troubleshooting, trying different stuff, I go back to basics with the OSI stack (Im a networking guy), so I try to connect directly and through a switch the xbox and my laptop, but the same issue, the debug.txt only says that cant mount connectx, so I get bored after 2 hours of trying changing the path of the windows share, users, passwords, etc... So I put wireshark to sniff traffic and what I found is this:

Request from connectx:

29 13.579930000 192.168.0.8 192.168.0.9 SMB 274 Session Setup AndX Request, User: \xbox; Tree Connect AndX, Path: \\H4X0RPC\GAMES

Response from my laptop:

30 13.580978000 192.168.0.9 192.168.0.8 SMB 202 Session Setup AndX Response; Tree Connect AndX, Error: STATUS_INSUFF_SERVER_RESOURCES

Did you see the issue? Yes this little windows bastard STATUS_INSUFF_SERVER_RESOURCES.

After some google I found a fix:

After applying that fix my connectx working great in fsd in minutes I will switch to aurora and try, I let this info here because can helps people to fix (in some way) problems with windows shares. BTW developers please move the authentication to kerberos so We can move to linux shares :)

Update: Its works in Aurora  :thumbup:  :dj:  :ninja:  :clap:  :thumbsup:  (sorry Im happy)
  • Like 1

BTW developers please move the authentication to kerberos so We can move to linux shares :)

No can do... ConnectX has been patched to work with retail kernel, it's originally something that runs on devkits... meaning, none of the homebrew developers actually wrote the thing, which means we cannot change much of how it works without a huge amount of reversing work...

No can do... ConnectX has been patched to work with retail kernel, it's originally something that runs on devkits... meaning, none of the homebrew developers actually wrote the thing, which means we cannot change much of how it works without a huge amount of reversing work...

Ohh thanks for the info Swizzy  :thumbup:

Hello

can i install games with connectx to the internal hdd of my xbox(i use aurora)?Or is it only for streaming purposes?

If not is there a way for me to transfer a game from my pc to the internal hdd of my xbox(without burning it on a dvd)?

You can use it for that, but i prefer ftp, as you can use an ftp client on the computer, and on the xbox it ends up being alot of copy and paste with connectx.

FTP also transfers at a faster rate then ConnectX :)

You can use it for that, but i prefer ftp, as you can use an ftp client on the computer, and on the xbox it ends up being alot of copy and paste with connectx.

ok thanks i'll see how i can set this up

Make sure you set the ftp client to binary transfer mode, and not ascii transfer mode. Ascii mode tends to corrupt data, especially on bigger files.

The reason for that is that it's transferring 7 of 8 bits for each byte, i don't understand why people even implemented this in the first place, it makes zero sense as we're still sending all 8 bits, just skipping the highest one >_<

Make sure you set the ftp client to binary transfer mode, and not ascii transfer mode. Ascii mode tends to corrupt data, especially on bigger files.

Thanks mate

• Like 1

Need help

I have a Rgh xbox 360 fat banned console using Aurora 0.5b with dashlaunch.

I tried to setup connectx n almost succeeded in it.

I can find the shared folder in the file manager of aurora but as soon as i click on the default.Xex, the game starts up n freezes.

Also i have noticed tht my xbox 360 is seen connected on the network places on my pc which runs on windows 10

But as soon as a game boots up or if i go to dash launch or xexmenu, it disappears from network places shown in my pc.

Even when i load a game from the share folder using connectx... The same thing happens when the game boots up.

My xbox 360 is then not shown in network places & the game gets stuck

My connection type is an ethernet cable connecting my xbox to wireless router

N

My pc is connected to the router with wifi.

I dont know whats wrong??

Kindly help me.