RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Reuben

Sorry noob here

So I have recently got a modded xbox360 (bought modded) 

so have no idea if it is jtag or rgh,

I have not gone through setting it up myself so dont know much about it. 

and it has (had?) FSD3 on it, I have been able to play my backups etc.. and I setup FBA and had a whole lot of roms on it, but this morning in my stupidity I formatted the internal MU and now I cant access FSD3, I assume it had the info that told the xbox how to boot into FSD3......or it was where fsd was installed...

I can still access games that where converted to GOD but apart from that I am stuck and can no longer get to FSD and my emulators.

the only thing that I can find apart from my GOD games is XeXMenu 1.1

I assume I could re-install FSD3 but wouldI loose all my games and Roms? I dont have backups of my Roms (stupid)

does anyone know what files would/could have been on the MU? and how to re-install them?

as always thanks in advance

Reuben

you cant access any content except the GOD's because the stock dash cannot find any extracted folders or content,,luckily you have access to XexMenu so you can take the shortest route in reinstalling

1. I would recommend updating to Aurora, trust me on this you will be happy in the long run ;)

2. copy Aurora (or FSD if you insist) http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/5222-aurora-05b-by-phoenix/ 

and dashlaunch installer http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/4616-dashlaunch-314-17150-kernel-support-added/  to a flash drive.

3. launch Xexmenu from the stock dash, then use it's copy feature to copy the Aurora (or FSD) folder on your choice drive (or launch FSD from there and use it's file browser to copy files if you are more comfortable with that, many ways to do this using these 3 apps)

4. after installing Aurora (or FSD) to your choice drive run the "default.xex" in the dashlaunch installer folder,, this will ensure you have dashlaunch installed, and will allow you to set the default boot path on your system to Aurora (or FSD).

5. for future use I would also recommend learning how to use FTP to transfer files to and from your console,, google "FTP RGH 360" and you will get lots of info on what apps give you access to these features and how you can save loads of time and hassle using it ;)

• Like 1

OK thanks Begal for the quick response, and taking your time to help a noob like me out  :baby:

Just to clarify if I follow the directions, I should not loose any of my data on the existing HDD?,

Thank you for the recommendation I will try Aurora.

kindly

Reuben 

Or check the first link in my sig, as it has all the answers and more. :) It will explain everything you never wanted to know. Also with aurora and emulators, check the second link in my sig, as these emulators can interact with aurora directly, and allow for gamegenie cheats :)

• Like 4

you will not loose any data. just follow the step by step instructions.

Or check the first link in my sig, as it has all the answers and more. :) It will explain everything you never wanted to know. Also with aurora and emulators, check the second link in my sig, as these emulators can interact with aurora directly, and allow for gamegenie cheats :)

Thank you both :)  I will read up about this 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, I have access to my games again, (through Aurora) wow it is so much faster than FSD3 was, it takes seconds to startup not 1 min!!!

I will read up about the emulators now and see how that will work Thanks 

:thumbup:

I'm excited...

• Like 4