RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.5b by Phoenix

It's not a M$ conspiracy, just a business plan (not just M$) to control, or rather eliminate the used game market. If everything goes digital, once you've finished with a digital game you can't sell like you could with a disc based game, which begs the questions, did you really own it? If you can't sell something you purchased, then you didn't really own it, you merely rented it. 

Personally when I purchase something, I always look after it because I know somewhere down the line I will resell it, and therefore it retails a higher resell value. When games go completely digital, along with movies, tv series etc, I will no longer have that option to resell. When you 'purchase' any of these digital products, it depreciates 100% the very instant you click 'buy'. That's insane!

Maybe, lolz. Personally i've never sold a game i've purchased, save for when I first traded in some games at EB/Gamestop. They raked me over the barrel for like $2-$5 for each game, never sold one again. 

While I see your point on digital downloads, and the ownership issue, it's not that it depreciates so much as there's no structure in place to sell it. However Cozy from XYZ may have something to say about that, lmao.

Sorry for off topic, back to your regularly scheduled programming, lolz.

• Like 2

While I see your point on digital downloads, and the ownership issue, it's not that it depreciates so much as there's no structure in place to sell it. However Cozy from XYZ may have something to say about that, lmao.

That's my point right there. If there is no structure in place to sell something you 'own', can you really say you own it? If this situation were applied to high street store, where you were told you could never sell an item on once finished with it, consumers would never accept that, never mind the law. Of course I understand why people love digital downloads because it means they can get the game almost instantly, but eventually they will (or should) see it's limitation of not being able to resell. Horses for courses, but that's my particular views on digital downloads and why I don't like them. Maybe if I was younger I would be all for them as I 'just need the game now dam it!', but now days I'm happy to wait. No rush, PLENTY of other games to play in the mean time.

:offtopic: Agreed, lets get back on topic... Aurora 0.5B is awesome! Can I get a hell yeah?!

When can we expect 0.6B (oh cheeky!)  :ice:

This is awesome work you guys are doing, Keep it up! Maybe an addition would be to beable to switch between dark and light theme?

there are lot's of skins, you can switch between them whenever you want... the startup logo can be set to either the default one (white) or an alternate one (dark)

Hey guys, I downloaded the new Aurora and tried to start it but it stayed as a black screen and never started, can anyone tell me what's wrong?

You either didn't transfer all files, or one or more of the files got corrupted during the transfer, this is mainly related to the skin...

You either didn't transfer all files, or one or more of the files got corrupted during the transfer, this is mainly related to the skin...

Thank you sir, I'll try and reinstall it later on, I'm sorry I'm kind of new to this but may I ask, is link still supported by fsd?

Again sorry if I posted this on the wrong thread Cuz I'm still new cx

Thank you sir, I'll try and reinstall it later on, I'm sorry I'm kind of new to this but may I ask, is link still supported by fsd?

Again sorry if I posted this on the wrong thread Cuz I'm still new cx

LiNK works through the Freestyle plugin. The plugin is used in both Aurora and FSD... For now. There's a post about LiNK's successor that's being worked on called Nova, check it out to get up to date. Once Nova is released, I believe LiNK will no longer work in FSD.

NOVA - The Future of LiNK

HELP!!!!! (This started a few days ago)

The Covers for the games aren't being downloaded, it shows it is downloading the covers,backgrounds but nothing is there

What games are you having problems with? do they even have covers on xboxunity.net??

Just upgraded from FSD3, and the only thing i can say is WOW. Great work Phoenix!

A question though, is it normal that with a more recent kernel, boot times are reduced? i just updated after 1 year and by god is it faster.

Cheers! :thumbup:

• Like 1

A question though, is it normal that with a more recent kernel, boot times are reduced? i just updated after 1 year and by god is it faster.

Cheers! :thumbup:

What do you mean with that exactly? Aurora has nothing to do with how fast your console glitches or anything like that... Aurora should however be faster to load then FSD was (depending on what skin you use and how many titles you have available and so on)

What do you mean with that exactly? Aurora has nothing to do with how fast your console glitches or anything like that... Aurora should however be faster to load then FSD was (depending on what skin you use and how many titles you have available and so on)

Yeah i know, i guess it was an off-topic question. Aurora is much smoother than FSD though.

Good day to all the clever ppl. I am using a d-link adsl wi-fi router,in aurora if i say  verify plugin it keeps FAILING on the last 3. 1. UPNP Router FAILED . 2.Data port FAILED . 3. Broadcast port FAILED. What settings on my router must i go change,PLZ HELP and THANKS

• Like 5

Good day to all the clever ppl. I am using a d-link adsl wi-fi router,in aurora if i say  verify plugin it keeps FAILING on the last 3. 1. UPNP Router FAILED . 2.Data port FAILED . 3. Broadcast port FAILED. What settings on my router must i go change,PLZ HELP and THANKS

UPNP can be ignored, the other ones you need to do portforward, you need to look up how to do that on your specific model... you need to forward 3071 and 3072 (or whatever you set in Aurora) to your console, you also need to make sure your console always have the same IP