RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.5b by Phoenix

Dash muito boa. Espero que nas próximas versões venha com recursos interessantes.

English please

Is 5223-aurora-05b-by-phoenix a pay to use software?  IF not where exactly are the downloads located?  If it is where again and how much?

Hello, I would like to use LiNK, but my ISP closed all ports. Is there any way to make it still work?

A VPN might work for you, or switch to a better ISP... either way, this doesn't belong in this thread, as this thread is for Aurora 0.5b...

Hi,

First thanks for this exellent program and for not forgething the xbox360.

Second i can´t make a shortcut for NXE 16349 for Aurora, could you please help me or make me a shortcut? I´ve Tried with Shortcut360 v1.1.7 and with QuickBoot v2.1 and none of them worked for me.

The reason for i would like to have a shortcut is for my small kid sees the shortcut an launch it, like he does with FSD.

Thanks

Hi,

First thanks for this exellent program and for not forgething the xbox360.

Second i can´t make a shortcut for NXE 16349 for Aurora, could you please help me or make me a shortcut? I´ve Tried with Shortcut360 v1.1.7 and with QuickBoot v2.1 and none of them worked for me.

The reason for i would like to have a shortcut is for my small kid sees the shortcut an launch it, like he does with FSD.

Thanks

• Why does your child need to use NXE? Why not boot straight into Aurora?
  • You should probably update your dash to 17349, DashLaunch 3.15, but that probably won't help with your issue.
  • What path are you using in Shortcut360? You might be entering it wrong. Where are you putting the shortcut once it's made?

Great dash. Just installed it and now am learning my way around it. So far it looks good. Thanks go to the hole team back it. Keep on the great work guys!

Donation made for my appreciation of the awesomeness of Aurora, and the excellent support I've received. Many thanks guys!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Hi guys great work here!

Any hints what's gonna be in the next release;) can't wait for it!

Aurora 0.6b will be the next release, it'll probably be sometime in the future, maybe towards the end of the year or possibly early next year...

We're working on some REALLY cool things right now, but i don't want to spoil too much about it just yet ;)

Aurora 0.6b will be the next release, it'll probably be sometime in the future, maybe towards the end of the year or possibly early next year...

We're working on some REALLY cool things right now, but i don't want to spoil too much about it just yet ;)

Cooler than Nova? And i thought the official death of the 360 scene is not far away anymore.

Cooler than Nova? And i thought the official death of the 360 scene is not far away anymore.

It depends on what kind of person you are, what you like to be able to do and all that :)

I'm beginning to change my tune a little on that. M$ has recently added support for 2TB externals, most likely to support/store all the "Games with Gold".

Then there's the fact that the original "Xbox Live" lived on for what, 5 years past original xbox's life. Seems like they would want to give players a chance to play all those games before pulling the plug on them. But with backwards compatibility coming on the One, I may be totally wrong.

IDK, lolz, like I said, maybe it's just me that's changing my thought's on it, most likely nothing like what M$ actually has in store for the future.

But as far as the scene, that will go on as long as people support it.

But as far as the scene, that will go on as long as people support it.

Original Xbox being a great example, two of which I still have hooked up in my home. So is backwards compatibility come to the One proper? As in you can put an actual Xbox 360 game in the drive and play it? Last I read which admittedly was some time ago, was that 'backwards compatibility' was coming in the form of the One supporting 360 games that's been downloaded (or maybe it was streamed) from the market place. If this is the case it's not exactly what people want and is not true backwards compatibility in my eyes, but rather another attempt to kill off the used game market even further.

Original Xbox being a great example, two of which I still have hooked up in my home. So is backwards compatibility come to the One proper? As in you can put an actual Xbox 360 game in the drive and play it? Last I read which admittedly was some time ago, was that 'backwards compatibility' was coming in the form of the One supporting 360 games that's been downloaded (or maybe it was streamed) from the market place. If this is the case it's not exactly what people want and is not true backwards compatibility in my eyes, but rather another attempt to kill off the used game market even further.

Yes, digital download or physical media. For the disc based games, my understanding is that it will install to hdd, but you still need the disc in the Xbox to play it.

Just received an e-mail from M$ yesterday, they're still just saying it's a fall (November) dashboard update. but backwards compat is listed in it.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/experience, it's listed at the bottom of the page (hope that's not an omen, lolz)

Basically, you get a download from Xbox LIVE for the game (i think) which is a recompiled version of the game rather then a actual emulation like we had on Xbox 360 with Xbox Classic games

You'll be able to play both disc based and digital copy games tho... and the list of supported games is said to be ever-growing... meaning, they're adding more and more games... (probably because it takes time to recompile games to properly be supported)

That's the point though, as you NEED the download from Xbox LIVE, MS is therefore trying to control and eliminate the used game market. Surely they could have just used an emulator like the 360 did with Xbox Classic. Sure there will still be those collectors that just must have the disc version as well, but for the most part this solution doesn't help the majority of 360 owners who have been loyal to MS and purchased a One, to play the 360 game they already own. For those that never owned a 360, but have a One and would like to play some old 360 games, they are forced to download from LIVE. Result... diminished used game market.

Once consoles go completely digital, ie no more disc drive, they will 100% own the 'used' game market, if there is still such a thing by then. It's likely by that time they will 'allow' you to sell on your digital game, and of course they will take a nice cut for the 'privileged'. Sucks balls!

Whatever, I don't mind either way, you still need the original disc if you're going to play it, and if you downloaded it, then you didn't care to begin with. It's not like your able to download a 360 game on the One, you have to have purchased it on the 360 console I believe. All the digital downloads that are for sale on the One are actually for the One.

Doesn't sound too much like M$ conspiracy to me. 

It's not a M$ conspiracy, just a business plan (not just M$) to control, or rather eliminate the used game market. If everything goes digital, once you've finished with a digital game you can't sell like you could with a disc based game, which begs the questions, did you really own it? If you can't sell something you purchased, then you didn't really own it, you merely rented it. 

Personally when I purchase something, I always look after it because I know somewhere down the line I will resell it, and therefore it retails a higher resell value. When games go completely digital, along with movies, tv series etc, I will no longer have that option to resell. When you 'purchase' any of these digital products, it depreciates 100% the very instant you click 'buy'. That's insane!

That's the point though, as you NEED the download from Xbox LIVE, MS is therefore trying to control and eliminate the used game market. Surely they could have just used an emulator like the 360 did with Xbox Classic. Sure there will still be those collectors that just must have the disc version as well, but for the most part this solution doesn't help the majority of 360 owners who have been loyal to MS and purchased a One, to play the 360 game they already own. For those that never owned a 360, but have a One and would like to play some old 360 games, they are forced to download from LIVE. Result... diminished used game market.

Once consoles go completely digital, ie no more disc drive, they will 100% own the 'used' game market, if there is still such a thing by then. It's likely by that time they will 'allow' you to sell on your digital game, and of course they will take a nice cut for the 'privileged'. Sucks balls!

Actually, you still need to keep the disc to play it... and you would've required that even if you didn't download it from XBL... how is this controling the used games market? they're giving you the ability to play your Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One, they're NOT locked to any specific console, just like the Xbox 360... it's just, you download the game again from their servers (to have a version made for Xbox One)

If you knew how much computing power it takes to emulate a system, you'd understand all of this much much better... Take for instance Xbox 360 and N64, they're FAR apart... MANY MANY MANY years apart, the 360 is WAY more powerful then the N64 was... yet, the Xbox 360 can't play N64 games in XDK mode (with the 360 kernel running alongside it)...

If you're going to talk about what MS does and don't do, you better get a better understanding of how it actually works... why they're doing it the way they are and so on... don't make false assumptions either, i'm assuming you're thinking they lock shit up with games since your comment about controlling the used games market... how could they ever really do that anyways... if you would've just downloaded the game and then didn't need the disc, the used game market would be cheaper, great...

Essentially tho, they're not doing a bad thing here, they're allowing you to play your Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One, digital or physical copy don't matter...

Whatever, I don't mind either way, you still need the original disc if you're going to play it, and if you downloaded it, then you didn't care to begin with. It's not like your able to download a 360 game on the One, you have to have purchased it on the 360 console I believe. All the digital downloads that are for sale on the One are actually for the One.

Doesn't sound too much like M$ conspiracy to me.

Precisely, they're not selling Xbox 360 games for Xbox One, they're selling Xbox One Games ONLY, sure there are exceptions such as the RARE Bundle, it's a collection of rare's best games from ALL platforms, there you have the 360 version of a few games which you do buy with this bundle, but the pricing there isn't anywhere near the pricing of a new game, and you get 10 games for the price of less then 1!

Digital copy games will be downloadable and can be played whenever you want, just like on the 360... but, as you mentioned above, you have to have bought it on the 360 to play it on the One... (or bought it on xbox.com for Xbox 360) if you have a physical copy of the game, you'll just put the disc in... it'll then download the required data and play it, you still have to have the disc in tho...

These discussions belong in a separate thread tho, so let's get back to talking about Aurora and setup a new thread for this backwards compatibility talk if you guys wish to continue discussing that...