RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.5b by Phoenix

Hey guys, I've been having a problem with Aurora ever since I updated my dashboard. I copied and pasted this from my post on 7s, so if there's any questions feel free to ask! Could really use some help, thanks in advance -

I recently updated my dash to the most recent, and everything seems fine, apart from Dashlaunch and Aurora. I can connect to online and all. But, I have been trying to play Link with a few friends, and when I go to verify my Link settings I get three failures. 

Unity Authentication: Failed
Data Port Reachable: Failed
Broadcast Port Reachable: Failed

Also, when I go to the "Unity" tab, when I request my API key and type in my password, I get an error saying "An error has occurred in obtaining API Key. Please try again later." 
I am launching with no plugins and liveblock enabled. All of my settings etc are the same as they were before the dash update, when I could play fine, ports still forwarded etc. I have even tried completely reinstalling a separate Aurora, but I still receive the same problems. 

Have no clue about what the problem is, any help/tips on fixing it would be greatly appreciated.

Downgrade to 17489 if you want to have any support on here... follow my tutorial in the signature below and you'll be good to go, this will likely fix your problems aswell :)

Hey guys, I've been having a problem with Aurora ever since I updated my dashboard. I copied and pasted this from my post on 7s, so if there's any questions feel free to ask! Could really use some help, thanks in advance -

I recently updated my dash to the most recent, and everything seems fine, apart from Dashlaunch and Aurora. I can connect to online and all. But, I have been trying to play Link with a few friends, and when I go to verify my Link settings I get three failures.

Also, when I go to the "Unity" tab, when I request my API key and type in my password, I get an error saying "An error has occurred in obtaining API Key. Please try again later."

I am launching with no plugins and liveblock enabled. All of my settings etc are the same as they were before the dash update, when I could play fine, ports still forwarded etc. I have even tried completely reinstalling a separate Aurora, but I still receive the same problems.

Have no clue about what the problem is, any help/tips on fixing it would be greatly appreciated.

Got this error too, dashlaunch wasn't able ti activate xhttp, which is needed for any connection outside the LAN. Can be caused by dirty flashing, old dashlaunch or probaby unsupported image :)

Transmitted by Elephone P3000s

• Like 1

Love this dashboard,guys. Maybe you should try adding all the features from FSD. I like it's looks and functionality.

Why would we do that? we're not looking to remain in the past, we're trying to make something new...

Some of the features FSD had will be added to Aurora while others will not be coming at all...

Hi. is it possible to add to the description of the game occupied its size. Thank you.

What do you mean?

Sent from my SM-G903F

I'd also like to see a "path" to the game. You CAN see it today in the various menus (Select subtitles etc), but its usually cut off so you can't see the full path. Anywhere would be nice =)

Reason being that I sometimes get a game called just "Disk1" or something and I'd like to see where that is coming from.

If not, the ability to see the device the game is on directly in the game list (Below perhaps) would be neat, like USB/HDD/ConnectX etc.

• Like 16

I'd also like to see a "path" to the game. You CAN see it today in the various menus (Select subtitles etc), but its usually cut off so you can't see the full path. Anywhere would be nice =)

Reason being that I sometimes get a game called just "Disk1" or something and I'd like to see where that is coming from.

If not, the ability to see the device the game is on directly in the game list (Below perhaps) would be neat, like USB/HDD/ConnectX etc.

in 0.6b there will be an extra button in the menu that brings you to the file manager at the current game's location

I have exactly the same problem.

I have tried many things I could find around internet.

In freestyle (v3 rev775) dash Link seems to be working fine.

For some reason Aurora dash won't cooperate.

Any suggestions?

PS. I tried to flash into 17489(my previous  was 16767) using flash360.

While xbox 360 works fine it now has four steady red lights around power button.

I have exactly the same problem.

I have tried many things I could find around internet.

In freestyle (v3 rev775) dash Link seems to be working fine.

For some reason Aurora dash won't cooperate.

Any suggestions?

PS. I tried to flash into 17489(my previous was 16767) using flash360.

While xbox 360 works fine it now has four steady red lights around power button.

What do you mean with "dash link"? Are you talking about our service "LiNK"? last few days alot of people has had issues connecting due to a dns problem, it should be fixed worldwide by now tho...

I would highly recommend that you follow the tutorial in my signature below and update again, this time using Simple 360 Nand Flasher

Sent from my SM-G903F

What do you mean with "dash link"? Are you talking about our service "LiNK"? last few days alot of people has had issues connecting due to a dns problem, it should be fixed worldwide by now tho...

I would highly recommend that you follow the tutorial in my signature below and update again, this time using Simple 360 Nand Flasher

Sent from my SM-G903F

Hi

Yes, I ment Link service.

That red light thing was gone when I booted my console during this morning.

However, when I tried flashing with Simple 360 Nand Flasher I got e79 if I remember correctly.

Also one of red lights was flashing there where 3rd player light is.

That was a bit scary at first but after browsing through internet I found a way to get back on track(I had NAND backup).

On the other hand when I checked my NAND with J-Runner It says no bad blocks but when I flash it with xell or any other flasher I get bad block at 0x27D.

I now have 17489 installed but that block was remapped.

Everything works okay now except LiNK in Aurora dash.

Can my NAND chip be phycally bad?

I have Jtag Jasper 16mb.

Thanks.

Hi

Yes, I ment Link service.

That red light thing was gone when I booted my console during this morning.

However, when I tried flashing with Simple 360 Nand Flasher I got e79 if I remember correctly.

Also one of red lights was flashing there where 3rd player light is.

That was a bit scary at first but after browsing through internet I found a way to get back on track(I had NAND backup).

On the other hand when I checked my NAND with J-Runner It says no bad blocks but when I flash it with xell or any other flasher I get bad block at 0x27D.

I now have 17489 installed but that block was remapped.

Everything works okay now except LiNK in Aurora dash.

Can my NAND chip be phycally bad?

I have Jtag Jasper 16mb.

Thanks.

E79 after flashing with Simple 360 NAND Flasher means there was a error in the image you flashed, most likely a bad remap or so... Flash360 isn't recommended anymore as it does wonky things to images if used incorrectly...

That error you get means that there is a badblock you need to remap, JRunner sucks and therefor don't detect it, perhaps you need to manually remap it in the image before flashing?

E79 after flashing with Simple 360 NAND Flasher means there was a error in the image you flashed, most likely a bad remap or so... Flash360 isn't recommended anymore as it does wonky things to images if used incorrectly...

That error you get means that there is a badblock you need to remap, JRunner sucks and therefor don't detect it, perhaps you need to manually remap it in the image before flashing?

Any recommend method to do that?

I checked my NAND with XNANDHealer and it says 1 ECC error block, no bad blocks.

I followed a guide from team-xecuter.

Now if I check it with XNH it shows 2 ECC error blocks.

Earlier, when I checked with XNH, I also checked with 360 flash dump tool and it showed Note: Bad Block ID: 0x027D

-> Block ID 0x027D found @ 0x3E0 [Offset: 0x00FFC000]

However, now 360 flash dump tool only shows Note: Bad Block ID: 0x027D  [Offset: 0x00A43A00].

Is it recommend to use a donor NAND to fix a NAND image?

Finally I am able to get API key and LiNK test was complete success!!

What I did was I took my my previously modified image(original hacked 16767 dump upgraded into 17489 using xebuild gui) and a donor NAND and repaired NAND using Jtag tool.

Finally I flashed using NAND Flasher 360 for XBOX 360.

Thanks for helping!

PS. During NAND flashing it told that there was a bad block 0x027D.

On the other hand I did dump NAND and 360 flash dump tool shows no bad blocks.

PPS. Is there any way to manually set fixed fan speed in Aurora?

PPS. Is there any way to manually set fixed fan speed in Aurora?

It's a bad idea to set a fixed fan speed, you want to change the target temps instead...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Random comment- I haven't powered on my 360 in quite a while but recently stopped to help out a friend who I'd previously helped set up FSD.  It was like a trip down memory lane, nostalgia washed over me.  So many great memories!  So today I installed Aurora.  The fact you're still working on projects for the 360, a console loved ridiculously, is just fantastic.  Tonight I raise a beer to you dear devs, one I share virtually, and thank you for all your work- and play the shit out of this console.

Hi there...

Any some news about new version of this great dash?

Yes, there is, you just have to look in the aurora releases thread, as they always put the update info for the next version there before it is released. As 0.6b has been finished for months, as far as I can tell..... who knows when it will be released. As far as I know they are working out some last minute bugs..... there was also a rumor that they're waiting on the people who do localization to finish their work. Then there is nova, so who knows, maybe they are trying to get everything done before the next release. 

Greetings I am so glad for the realmodscene and xboxunity thank you for Phoenix releasing Phoenix 0.5b! I have finally got rid of my old skins with freestyle and tried something new it is pretty sweet replacing jqe with unity and all kinds of extra features! I will be playing with this for days! Props to Swizzy JQE Mattie, etc etc for making such a awesome replacement from freestyle! Cannot wait for 0.6!!

Quoting myself here. While the button to take you to the filemanager to see where the game is (In Aurora 6b) works, its a bit of a hassle getting back again. I found that the easiest way to see where the game is located is to click "Delete" on the game. It will then show you the full path it will delete and its exactly the information needed. Just make sure to not click "Yes" when here.... =)