RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.5b by Phoenix

They shouldn't go into "USB0/Cache0/" or whatever, it's USBMU#:\Cache\ or USBMU#:\Content\0000...0\TitleID\0000B0000\ depending on the type

i have one error, the title update downloading works perfectly in aurora 0.5b

Thanks , excellent work

Just updated today to 0.5b and excellent work, I love quick view, it makes it so easy to change from 360games and XBLA games now, great work it's a beaut!

• Like 2

Ok so I've played a bit with it and it definitly is worth the donation I was planning :p

A bit fastidious to do some of my filter (like when you want game that are rly only RPG you have to exclude all others with an AND NOT, would have been nice to have some = condition like genre = 'RPG', I'm guessing your filter are more like genre LIKE '%RPG%' AND NOT LIKE '%SHOOTER%'.... but I might be wrong as I don't know at all how aurora is coded) but once it is done it works perfect.

The cover flow on 1200+ title is perfect (flowless)
And yes I know why have so much I will never play them all, I'm a bit of a collector I guess.
With connectx the initial loading of a game goes even faster than in FSD (before I had sometimes 10 seconds latency between the push on A button and the start of the game, now it is about 1 sec and the loading bar when installing title update but it is normal and in total takes anyway 5 seconds maximum)

I only miss the fact that you have only one view for the cover flow but I guess some themes might change that (like in FSD some added new type of views) but I didn't take the time to look into it.
Same if I want to do my filter in a faster way on a computer I dunno if it's possible, didn't check that yet or add some more icons (so far all my game genre filter are using the xbox360 default icon)

I'm also wondering, is it possible to edit the cover of a title (or its title ID maybe with some xex editor ?), because some of my emulators have a default titleid like 000000 and so when I want to choose a cover from unity the titleID doesn't match so the xbox won't pick them up

Also two bugs I noticed but I'm pretty sure you already know about it :
When you create a filter if you add your conditions and save, the icon associated is gone, so you have to open the filter again then change icon and save, and the icon is back. But any change on a filter seems to reset icon to the "ugly cross".
I dunno if it is normal or it's linked to the fact my profile is on a memory unit, but the http is not able to load the achievments of my profile. (error 404)

Edited by yongbi

Ok so I've played a bit with it and it definitly is worth the donation I was planning :p

A bit fastidious to do some of my filter (like when you want game that are rly only RPG you have to exclude all others with an AND NOT, would have been nice to have some = condition like genre = 'RPG', I'm guessing your filter are more like genre LIKE '%RPG%' AND NOT LIKE '%SHOOTER%'.... but I might be wrong as I don't know at all how aurora is coded) but once it is done it works perfect.

The cover flow on 1200+ title is perfect (flowless)

And yes I know why have so much I will never play them all, I'm a bit of a collector I guess.

With connectx the initial loading of a game goes even faster than in FSD (before I had sometimes 10 seconds latency between the push on A button and the start of the game, now it is about 1 sec and the loading bar when installing title update but it is normal and in total takes anyway 5 seconds maximum)

I only miss the fact that you have only one view for the cover flow but I guess some themes might change that (like in FSD some added new type of views) but I didn't take the time to look into it.

Same if I want to do my filter in a faster way on a computer I dunno if it's possible, didn't check that yet or add some more icons (so far all my game genre filter are using the xbox360 default icon)

I'm also wondering, is it possible to edit the cover of a title (or its title ID maybe with some xex editor ?), because some of my emulators have a default titleid like 000000 and so when I want to choose a cover from unity the titleID doesn't match so the xbox won't pick them up

Also two bugs I noticed but I'm pretty sure you already know about it :

When you create a filter if you add your conditions and save, the icon associated is gone, so you have to open the filter again then change icon and save, and the icon is back. But any change on a filter seems to reset icon to the "ugly cross".

I dunno if it is normal or it's linked to the fact my profile is on a memory unit, but the http is not able to load the achievments of my profile. (error 404)

1. There is no game type data stored in the Unity database, so filters like that probably wont get added anytime soon. I could make you an app, with all the nessacary stuff, and you could fill in a db, with the game type data, then filters like that could be added. Probably wouldnt be for another release of aurora though, as it would mean some minor modifications to the content.db file.

2. Dont know what you are talking about for 1 view for coverflow, if you hit b while on coverflow, there is an option there to change that, dont remember where exactly, but it is there, and it has just about every coverflow view FSD had, and a few new ones if I remember correctly. Option has been there since the first release of aurora.

3. Swizzy is working on local cover editing. so you can fix the covers locally. Dont really know when it will be ready for release though, Hopefully soon, as people ask about this alot.

4. I noticed the icon thing also, but I am not sure if it is a bug or if it does that intentionally, I will ask maester rowen about that.

5. Aurora uses xhttp option in dashlaunch for its internet stuff, if it isnt enabled, anything http doesnt work. dont know why the internet would be needed to see achievements though, but I would start there.

• Like 1

1. Yeah I would be interested as long as it only requires sql knowledge xD

2. Guess I didn't play enough with aurora yet, it is the first time I use it as I was waiting for connectx to try it out (all my backups are stored on NAS under xpenology as for my ps3 xD)

5. I dunno If I misunderstand your post if you misunderstand mine, http loads fine it is only the achievements loading that won't work with a pop up at the bottom of the screen saying could not load achevments error 404. I will check my dashlaunch parameters tho.

Edit : got them

[settings]

pingpatch = true
regionspoof = true
fatalreboot = false
dvdexitdash = true
noupdater = true
exchandler = true
debugout = false
contpatch = false
fatalfreeze = false
xblaexitdash = false
liveblock = false
remotenxe = false
Edited by yongbi

1. I will put together an app, you will just have to go through all the games, and choose the gametype for each game. The app will do all the sql stuff, then I will pass the db off to the powers that be, so they can add the info to unity. :) give me some time, I have a similar app already for another filtering option, it will require some modification for this, but I have stuff to do this afternoon, so I will do that tonight, when I get back from doing some paying work, then send you a pm with a download link, and instructions for the use. :)

2. Add xhttp=true to your launch.ini under settings, and it will probably fix the 404 error. :)

• Like 1

1. Thanks that means I can actually make some games as Survival Horror type then /gg, I will send you back everything once it is done then (can't give you a time frame for now, I'm also really busy with work including sadly sometimes at week end...)
2. Thanks, but sadly it didn't work still getting the Error getting PlayerAchievments: 404 Not Found, it shows my total G score but graphical bug on the icon and the achievments issue :

http://hpics.li/bdf692c

Edit : I might format a USB key and copy all the content from the MU in it just to check if I have the same error. My MU is like my precious, got it since day one (before M$ made the USB key possible) to switch profile easily from jtag xbox to legit one (never made it to dual boot, tho with RGH 1 coming back to fat, I might just do that on my legit jasper)

Edited by yongbi

Achievements are working fine for me, I will send you an app tonight for building the game type DB, but that feature probably wont be included in aurora for a while, at least until it is updated again, and who knows when the next release will be, then the data will need to be updated on unity, but I can also write an app for you that will update the content.db file, then you can write the filters to do that. :) What ever you do, if you use my app to update your content.db for this, keep a backup copy of the original, as I dont know how the devs will handle this, once/if it is added to unity.

Edit: I didnt know you were talking about in WebUI. That is still under development for aurora, and probably wont be completed until the release of Nova. :( Maybe even after that.

Thanks again (as a side question your profile is on a MU too ? Just to know because if it is and it works fine for you then it is useless for me to copy it on a USB key as I will probably run into the same error anyway)

1. There is no game type data stored in the Unity database, so filters like that probably wont get added anytime soon. I could make you an app, with all the nessacary stuff, and you could fill in a db, with the game type data, then filters like that could be added. Probably wouldnt be for another release of aurora though, as it would mean some minor modifications to the content.db file.

Why you lie? RPG, Shooters etc. etc. are actually pulled from the XML data downloaded and stored in db ;)

There are some filters for 'em aswell, they might not work 100% tho, just like everything else that can't be gathered from the xex itself

• Like 1

Achievements are working fine for me, I will send you an app tonight for building the game type DB, but that feature probably wont be included in aurora for a while, at least until it is updated again, and who knows when the next release will be, then the data will need to be updated on unity, but I can also write an app for you that will update the content.db file, then you can write the filters to do that. :) What ever you do, if you use my app to update your content.db for this, keep a backup copy of the original, as I dont know how the devs will handle this, once/if it is added to unity.

Edit: I didnt know you were talking about in WebUI. That is still under development for aurora, and probably wont be completed until the release of Nova. :( Maybe even after that.

1. Thanks that means I can actually make some games as Survival Horror type then /gg, I will send you back everything once it is done then (can't give you a time frame for now, I'm also really busy with work including sadly sometimes at week end...)

2. Thanks, but sadly it didn't work still getting the Error getting PlayerAchievments: 404 Not Found, it shows my total G score but graphical bug on the icon and the achievments issue :

http://hpics.li/bdf692c

Edit : I might format a USB key and copy all the content from the MU in it just to check if I have the same error. My MU is like my precious, got it since day one (before M$ made the USB key possible) to switch profile easily from jtag xbox to legit one (never made it to dual boot, tho with RGH 1 coming back to fat, I might just do that on my legit jasper)

That webui is part of freestyle plugin, not aurora. The information it shows is only about the currently launched title. If you launch a game and check the webui then it will show that games achievements.

Thnx for all the feedback, we will look into the other issues

Why you lie? RPG, Shooters etc. etc. are actually pulled from the XML data downloaded and stored in db ;)

There are some filters for 'em aswell, they might not work 100% tho, just like everything else that can't be gathered from the xex itself

I didnt know that data was there.  :)  I havnt actually looked to closely at the db, as I havnt had to change much in it. lol. The only time I have had to manually edit that file was when I change xell launch from a 360 game to homebrew. Other then that I never had a reason to go through it. Now that I am looking at the db, I guess it is there for the most part. lol. My bad. From what I can tell, looking at it now, it doesnt have any of that info for the original xbox games.

I guess you could write filters by genre then. lol.

Also looking a little closer at the db, it stores hashes for the title updates, why doesnt aurora check those against the server? I have had more then one title update that got corrupted on download, that I didnt know about until I tried to play the game. :(

• Like 5

Guide button shows FSD menu.

How change it to aurora?

Hex edit freestyleplugin.xex :)

Awesome update.

I noticed it made all my multi disk games show up again, and I can't seem to find the option to hide the extra disks of multi-disk games.

Did you remove it or am I just missing it?

Awesome update.

I noticed it made all my multi disk games show up again, and I can't seem to find the option to hide the extra disks of multi-disk games.

Did you remove it or am I just missing it?

You're just missing it...

thy fro your work guys

my question is

it will be a setting that ftp will also show transmission speed?

thy fro your work guys

my question is

it will be a setting that ftp will also show transmission speed?

Highly doubt we'll have transfer speed anywhere in Aurora, we don't have any status bar or similar... besides, you should see it in your client, if you don't... your client sucks!

• Like 1

First off, what an effort from you guys. Aurora is a superb dashboard alternative. My particular favorite is what you have done with the title updates. Being able to change between TU5 and TU8 on Street Fighter X Tekken easily so I can have the Pac-Man/Mega-Man characters is very welcome. With freestyle I would always have to go in a delete the 000B0000 folder from using the TU8 so I could use the TU5 again.

I do have one question. When I was converting my games from iso to god I was always renaming them to a set standard so that they would appear in order in the freestyle menu. So for example the Grand Theft Auto games show as Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V instead of Grand Theft Auto V and GTA IV. Even though I renamed these in the god and freestyle still shows them correctly, Aurora I presume reads the XEX and displays the original names as defined by the developer.

Is there a way to restore this without me having to go through renaming each game?

Thanks.

First off, what an effort from you guys. Aurora is a superb dashboard alternative. My particular favorite is what you have done with the title updates. Being able to change between TU5 and TU8 on Street Fighter X Tekken easily so I can have the Pac-Man/Mega-Man characters is very welcome. With freestyle I would always have to go in a delete the 000B0000 folder from using the TU8 so I could use the TU5 again.

I do have one question. When I was converting my games from iso to god I was always renaming them to a set standard so that they would appear in order in the freestyle menu. So for example the Grand Theft Auto games show as Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto V instead of Grand Theft Auto V and GTA IV. Even though I renamed these in the god and freestyle still shows them correctly, Aurora I presume reads the XEX and displays the original names as defined by the developer.

Is there a way to restore this without me having to go through renaming each game?

Thanks.

Initially it reads it from the GOD header, then it gets the information from Xbox.com and replaces it with that

Maybe if you still have your old content.db you could find a way with SQL to Update the column displaying the name with the old name when the adress of the executable is the same in both old and new content.db

Initially it reads it from the GOD header, then it gets the information from Xbox.com and replaces it with that

Is there anyway this could be programmed to be an option to choose to use the xbox.com info or to ignore it?

Also, two more suggestions/queries if I may.

1) When I select to hide multidisk games this works but when I reboot the option is unticked again. Is this correct?

2) Does the information pulled from xbox.com indicate the amount of players each game supports? If would be nice to have a sort option for the number of players if possible.

1) You can edit a filter to add hide multi disk and then save that filter as default view for next reboot.

Anything is possible, but we don't want to add a ton of options in the UI, it'd likely be a DB setting if anything (which you set manually)

1. Yes, since 0.5b we added Quick Views, which have their own settings, they don't keep your temporary settings (the ones you set with the B button) if you want this enabled always, edit a quick view and add the filter there, then set this as your default

2. Yes, and i have a custom script for that on my github repository: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraScripts this script in particular: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraScripts/blob/master/Media/Scripts/UserFilters/OnlyLocalCoop.lua

There are more scripts you can use to display the information, and you can use this script as a reference to add further filtering capabilities... https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraScripts/tree/master/Media/Scripts/UserSubtitles here you'll find all the Player count/capability information that's available (and how to get hold of the information)