RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
chriss179

Tu issue

I don't know if this bug has ever been mentioned before but i would wish it to be fixed in the 0.5 release. I absolutely love aurora but this bug is so annoying it drives me crazy.

So i play oblivion... The title update i play with is the latest. TU3. that one will not upload to the xboxunity server. But that same title update will also not install correctly when launching oblivion. Oh, it will just not copy into the hdd1\cache directory. And if i put it there manually, aurora deletes it before launch. So i have to put it there manually and launch oblivion via recent in the mini blade menu or aurora will delete the TU rather then copying it there.

IT seems to me the world upside down... Yes, aurora detects the title update when scanning title updates. Yes, it's there alright. Yes, i activated it. Yes it says installing title update when launching but then there is no title update when in game. TU=0! And it's not in the cache. So i upload it, return to aurora, restart and aurora deletes it again... Hence i cannot start my game with aurora. If i do it will remove the title update. If i however remove the title update from aurora's database, aurora will NOT remove it from cache directy, so i can start with aurora... But seriously. If this upside down world would be turned upside down. It would function perfect!

So whatever causes this.... PLease fix in aurora 0.5

Anyways, thanks everybody involved in aurora! i love your work!

Oh yeah... When looking for need for speed carbon updates (title_id =454107EC) , aurora crashes. When this last happened to me it was a server side issue. I recon this time it must be too..

You probably don't have it enabled, you probably have it disabled, it's either that or it's copied to Content\0000...0\TitleID\... instead and have the wrong filename to be loaded correctly by the dashboard...

I have it enabled. I'm sorry that you do not believe me. It's enabled and somehow that is why it deletes the tu when its there and it does not copy when its not

Also its not copied to content/titleid

Is this only that one game? I have no clue. Bit yes when manually putting the TU in cache it works as long as i dont use aurora to start or aurora will delete the TU.

Actually i tried disabling the TU and it makes no difference enabled or disabled. It deletes the tu from cache. It knows it belongs there but it deletes it instead of copying it there.

It says it righr there in TU manager:

\xbox360\system\hdd1\cache

It knows where it belongs. I can make screenshots and even a video if you need absolute proof. But i hope you take me on my word.

I wonder if this could have anything to do with it. I deleted.the database.db and game data directories and scanned everything anew. So some title updates may remain from a previous installation of aurora. Which then should be overwritten with new versions upon downloading and scanning tu's. So I never deleted the title updates nor any other directory before starting a fresh database.of games.

You only deleting the database is likely the cause of the problem, and there isn't anything we can do to fix that...

Delete the entire data folder and start over fresh and it should solve the problem

OK. Can I keep settings.db?

i hate it when i enter a directory for scanning and i forgot to set the marketplace location before and it starts to autoscan, to have to enter the passwords, the folders, etc.. Just scan and go to bed. next morning all is finished....

Anyways.... settings.db? I'll let my xboxes scan all throughout the night then.

It's better to just start over from scratch, somewhere in the mix you've caused a error in the databases, i don't remember if settings.db relies on content.db for some of it's things, if it does you'll have problems again due to those things being missing...