RealModScene
MamboJambo

Can't join sessions in all games, but people can join me

I don't have any modem/router from my ISP. I had at the time my xbox connected directly to my ISP.

Now I have connected it throug my router again and it still works. My router is a computer running pfSense.

Hi... good for you...

But... do you know what kind of changes was made to your modem/router ???. My ISP still is telling to me that everything in my configuration is fine!... I already have a DMZ configured...

Maybe your ISP wants nothing to do with you.

This is too bad. It's like a disease. I played few times well. Then the "Unable to join the game session" error. Then with few tries again it worked. After few plays "Unable to join the game session" showed up again. Now it'll not work even for a single time. Really sad. :(

Something that might help some of you is that the xbox can be quite picky with the port forward.

After I got my connection working with the xbox straight to the ISP I hade some trouble getting it to work behind my firewall.

What I did was to google the settings for my firewall and xbox live but instead of configure the xbox live ports I used the link ports instead and got it working.

I had this problem before even having DMZ. The solution was simple. Call my ISP many times, until they discovered it was some kind of restriction on the NAT. Now everything is OK. Check or ask your ISP to revise the NAT settings.

hi  sorry for poor english

you should fully set pppoe on your modem and remove pppoe settings

from nxe(microsoft dashbord)-------->systemsettings----------->network settings----------->secondtab------->remove or delete any settings from here  . ok now enbaleupnp on your modem and remove or disable any dmz and port you forwardedbefore . now after enable upnp go to f3 and go to settings and then goto plugin settings and after that  enable upnp for port mapping . nowset data port :31400 and boardcast port : 31500 . if after 3 hours or 6hours or anytime you get unable to join change ports to 30721 - 30711and if its after 3 -4 hours not work change them to 31415 - 31510 .there are many ports out there :D good luck and enjoy with LiNK :D

Finally I got it works.

Here is how my network looks like:

- ADSL modem. This is the DHCP server which provides IP addesses to all other devices

- Apple Airport Express wifi access point connected to the above modem. It works in Bridge mode and doesn't provide DHCP service or don't provide IP addresses to any devices.

- Xbox slim wirelessly connected to the access point. It has a  fixed IP address provided by the modem (the modem use the xbox's MAC address to reserve a fixed IP for it). Making sure your xbox has a fixed IP is very important or all your port forwarding rules might be useless.

Previously, on the modem I have 2 port forwarding rules:

- TCP: forward port from 3075-3078 to my xbox's IP

- UDP: forward port from 3075-3078 to my xbox's IP

I passed all the tests on the xbox plugin setting screen. However, I still got the "Unable to join game session" error most of the time. Most of the time it doesn't work, rarely it does.

Last night, I opened the Active Session Log (ASL) screen on the modem (you need to log into the configuration/administration page of the modem to access to that screen, it may be called Log or whaterver on your modem, but it's a screen where you can see which IPs are accessing to where and which ports they are using).

Run the plugin port forwading test on xbox, refesh the ASL and notice my xbox does not only use ports in the range 3075-3078, but also many other ports as well. However, I still pass all the tests.

Run Black Ops 2 game, join 1 room in System Link, join a game session (and got the Unable to join error as usual) while keep refreshing the ASL to see the updated info. I found my xbox uses many ports: from 1024 to 6000+. This should be the reason why.

So I changed my port forwarding rules to:

- TCP: forward port from 1000-10000 to my xbox's IP. (Give it to 10K, why not :thumbup: ). The upper port (10K) is not important, but the lower one is important. Make it under 200 might lead you to other issues as it may conflict with other standard ports (.e.g 21 for FTP, 25 and 110 for email, 80 for http web access, 143 for google email if I remember correctly). So you need to look at the ASL to find the right port for the lower one.

- UDP: forward port from 1000-10000 to my xbox's IP

Run the xbox plugin test again. All passed.

Back to the game, join a game session and IT WORKS. Join many other game sessions in many rooms and IT WORKS.

Hope this may help you. If I could, why you can't?

BTW, if you happen to see me in Black Ops 2 room, join me and we can play/shoot each other :thumbsup: . My nick name is Vietnam Soldier. I'm from Vietnam.

PS: In the FSD Setting Plugin page I uses port 1000-10000, the same ports I use in my forwarding rules.

Yesterday I finaly set up Linl with my Xbox and it seems like I have a simular problem, so i just go ahead and explain my point of view:The first game I tried was Borderlands 2, which worked great. Then, when I wanted to play BOPS2 I couldn't join a lobby. Afterwards I've read through some forums like this who recommended enabeling devlink and pingpatch. After I did this I couldn't see any lobbys in game any more (Link rooms where still displayed in the FSD). I Tried it with devlink disabled. Lobbys where showen again but I get a fatal crash when I want to join. Well, thats about everything I tried, any ideas??

PS: Sorry for grammar mistakes, I'm not a native speaker ;)

Edit: Ok, googled a little more and found out the crash could be due to my missing avatar update. Will try that now and respond later if it works.

Edit2: Worked, so nevermind :)

Yo nukenuky! This totally did the trick. I was able to see games but not join them. Forwarding that range made my Halo Reach work just fine. 1k-10k did it for me! :D

I didn't have to use a fixed address though, I just increased the range.Thanks for the effort!