RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Vaynen

LiNK and Kinect

Hello everyone!

First off I would like to thank everyone here for their great help, support, tutorials and everything! Love this scene :)

Also, many thanks to the people behind FS3 and LiNK.

I have one question for which I am not sure if it is possible, and that is using Kinect for voice chat during games.

I tried playing Gears of War 3, created a party, had a few people join but I could not respond in voice chat.

I am not too familiar with Kinect since I've only been using it for a few days now, but in the standard XboX 360 system settings it says I can use the Kinect microphone for chat during online play.

When FS3 launches I can see the Kinect being active, and can give voice command (very awesome :)) but when I launch GoW3 the Kinect goes into stand-by mode or something.

Need I get a headset from the store to do voice chat in LiNK or can the Kinect work?

Thanks for any and all comments.

The Kinect does work for voice chat but it also depends on each game and if they have voice chat enabled.

Thanks for your quick reply! I have re-tested it and am not sure what I did wrong last time, voice chat seems to work properly now. Perhaps I hadn't configured the audio settings correctly for my Kinect. It works as a charm now! Thanks again