RealModScene
jeffmangum

Help me get back on System Link

So since December, i cant system link anymore. That was the only thing giving me joy and now its gone. 

Ok so anyway, the system link test is failing on me. Before, its normal, i would just change the ports and restart the router and bam its working again. 

But now, its not. I never thought i would never see the "PASS" word again. Its all failing now.. What did I do to deserve this.

Why all of a sudden this would happen? Theres no notice. I shouldve enjoyed the last game and I didn't even know it. 

• Like 2

I love the poor me attitude..... lol. Make sure you have pingpatch enabled in dashlaunch, and then I would be checking the router settings. Also if you are using Upnp, it will still fail, but will work, assuming your router supports it, but if I had to take a guess, the settings on your router are wrong.

I love the poor me attitude..... lol. Make sure you have pingpatch enabled in dashlaunch, and then I would be checking the router settings. Also if you are using Upnp, it will still fail, but will work, assuming your router supports it, but if I had to take a guess, the settings on your router are wrong.

lol sorry it was 11pm and i was feeling sad. Anyway, everything is correct. Upnp isnt supported but before i can play seamlessly...

vg4atAM.jpg

Try setting a static ip on the xbox, and forwarding the ports on the router to that ip address. Make sure the address you choose is outside of the lease range, if it isnt, then it can cause ip address conflicts. Also, I have found that some routers do not like to forward certain ports. It all comes down to your router/router config.

Try setting a static ip on the xbox, and forwarding the ports on the router to that ip address. Make sure the address you choose is outside of the lease range, if it isnt, then it can cause ip address conflicts. Also, I have found that some routers do not like to forward certain ports. It all comes down to your router/router config.

The xbox HAS a astatic ip. i set it to .109

Its just the same process i do when it was working before. I dont know whats wrong. Unless system link has changed. Or my router SUDDENLY for some reason doesnt want to forward ports anymore.

I think you are missing the part about ip address conflicts. If that address is in the dhcp lease range, and it was assigned to another device, it doesnt matter that you set it static, as this will still cause a conflict, and the first device on the network with that address. I would start by checking the addresses of the other devices on the network, or by changing the lease range, and giving it a static ip that isnt in that range. then forward the ports to that address. that is how I have had mine set up for 2 years now, and never had a problem.

I think you are missing the part about ip address conflicts. If that address is in the dhcp lease range, and it was assigned to another device, it doesnt matter that you set it static, as this will still cause a conflict, and the first device on the network with that address. I would start by checking the addresses of the other devices on the network, or by changing the lease range, and giving it a static ip that isnt in that range. then forward the ports to that address. that is how I have had mine set up for 2 years now, and never had a problem.

Yes i know about ip address conflict. So before when i had no problem with link, i set it to 109. Cause there are only a few devices connected on my wifi. And i double check if there arent any device with that ip on the router page. 

Just like now, no ones connected to the wifi so there are no conflicts. 

Then i would try new ports. other than that, i cant think of any other reason it wouldnt work, unless your isp changed how they do things. I do know that some ISPs do not support port forwarding, but it would be weird for them to change that all of a sudden. I do know that some ports wont work, eg, the last one I set up for a customer didnt work with the default ports, and I had to change them to something else. think it was 1000 and  1001, then it worked. I would just keep messing with it, and see what you get.

Then i would try new ports. other than that, i cant think of any other reason it wouldnt work, unless your isp changed how they do things. I do know that some ISPs do not support port forwarding, but it would be weird for them to change that all of a sudden. I do know that some ports wont work, eg, the last one I set up for a customer didnt work with the default ports, and I had to change them to something else. think it was 1000 and  1001, then it worked. I would just keep messing with it, and see what you get.

I did try new ports. 1000 to 4000. Does the number I use matter though?

As long as it is over 1000 it should work. most ports under this are used by services like web servers, windows networking, nfs, mysql, etc. As long as you forward both udp, and tcp on both ports, and then you make sure to put the forwarded port numbers the plugin settings, it should work. if it doesnt I dont know what to tell you.

As long as it is over 1000 it should work. most ports under this are used by services like web servers, windows networking, nfs, mysql, etc. As long as you forward both udp, and tcp on both ports, and then you make sure to put the forwarded port numbers the plugin settings, it should work. if it doesnt I dont know what to tell you.

Hmm maybe i should try something ive never used before. Like 9000 and 9001? Maybe some app is using the ports ive been using.. I hope thats just the cause.

Hmm maybe i should try something ive never used before. Like 9000 and 9001? Maybe some app is using the ports ive been using.. I hope thats just the cause.

Could be, could also be that your router sucks ballz... what router do you have anyways?

A good router don't stop functioning like that...

Could be, could also be that your router sucks ballz... what router do you have anyways?

A good router don't stop functioning like that...

Possible. I think its not even new. Its an Aztech router. 

I told you once you should buy a new router. If its modern enough it has UPnP support

You could also try activating UPnP in FSD, i would just try it. Post also the port settings again fromFSD and you router. But we already had it several times. Just borrow another router which is definitly known to be working with LiNK. If its now working there i also i would assume you have mobile connection.